+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    I believe Phase IIb ends september or January 2015 I cant recall.

But we'll know for sure after that, if they get good results, were maybe 1-2 years away max as theyre a big company, if they feel it's not worth the fees of a phase III then were probably never gonna get it.

realistically it is the closest treatment we have coming up, as Histogen dissappeared, it's the only one approaching phase 3 within the next year.
    why do you say histogen disappeared? I think companies like histogen and replicel are re-strategizing in light of more important advances. we want a good product to come to market, so it might actually be to our benefit that they are feeling forced to improve or get out. im cofident that a decent injectable stem cell or prostaglandin affecting or wnt pathway affecting product will product will be manufactured, and you never know where this will come from or what other company will make that financial leap. this forum concentrates way too much on specific companies. the important information is the progress on research. when something that is worth it is worked out, someone will take it to market. these guys aren't idiots, and neither are the big drug companies. no need to tell anyone that they should go to asia. they spend their day thinking about this stuff, and are aware of the possibilities. i'm sure when follica announced the news about fg9, other labs/companies began to look into it. people on here get all stressed when a company fails, but it is not because they are being forced to fail- the product simply isnt good enough to back financially. thats how capitalism works, and its stupid to get your hopes up on one company and think that its all over if they fail. if there was no progress being made, then these companies would probably be able to bring their stuff to market, because there wouldnt be anything better on the horizon. People spend their lives analyzing whether something looks promising or not, and baldness is a big enough money maker that when something hits the right button, it's going to be backed up fast and hard.

If the company that takes over bimatoprost thinks it's a good product, i doubt they will kill it. and if they do im guessing someone else will take up something similar. they are not the only ones messing with prostaglandins. my guess is that bimatoprost is only marginally better than minoxidil. better to see what happens with more effective methods. i think replicel is also regrouping and seeing how they can optimize their efficacy and profit in a place like japan. ast i heard from them they were going to do phase 2 trials in germany. as for progress coming from asia, i think that's spot on. the asian countries are just coming into their own (especially china), and progress there is much much faster, with more interest behind it, in all fields of medicine. The US doesn't want to lose competing with them, so once they come up with something, strings will be pulled.

our problem is that the understanding isn't quite there yet, but we are fortunate that genetic testing and much better science is allowing scientists to really understand the problems. ten years ago no one really knew anything about how balding occurs, only that it was triggered by DHT. The growth of scientific research and knowledge in places like china is going to make these leaps much faster. medicine and technoogy are beginning to merge, and technological progress is exponential.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    why do you say histogen disappeared? I think companies like histogen and replicel are re-strategizing in light of more important advances.
    Because there has been zero news for a year and a half and a rep said there was no plans for further trials.

They finished IIa a long time ago, showing solid results. They were about to get money/merge and then that failed over 6-8 months ago.

There's re-strategizing and then there's downright disappearing, they have to follow regulations and such, thus they have to go through a whole other phase II if the feel like changing the formula or what ever else.

They had a great product and probably could've done really well, now other companies are catching up.

Replicel didn't disappear though, they've already received funding and are in the middle of a very long(3 year) phase II.

Histogen as far as I can tell has completely halted.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Because there has been zero news for a year and a half and a rep said there was no plans for further trials.

They finished IIa a long time ago, showing solid results. They were about to get money/merge and then that failed over 6-8 months ago.

There's re-strategizing and then there's downright disappearing, they have to follow regulations and such, thus they have to go through a whole other phase II if the feel like changing the formula or what ever else.

They had a great product and probably could've done really well, now other companies are catching up.

Replicel didn't disappear though, they've already received funding and are in the middle of a very long(3 year) phase II.

Histogen as far as I can tell has completely halted.
    To play devi's advocate, the same was said about Dr. Lauster's team and years later they drop a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    To play devi's advocate, the same was said about Dr. Lauster's team and years later they drop a bomb.
    what bomb did they drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    You make it sound like Allergan isn't like that. If you read some of the reports from people who got (extremely serious) side effects from Botox you'll probably change your mind about that. There are some real horror stories out there, not sure what to think of it, but sometimes it sounds like Allergan is the devil itself. For example: http://www.realself.com/review/south...botox-cosmetic or http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com...l#.U40TcflOvIU

It sounds like a company which doesnt care about people's lives at all and ONLY cares about cash, even if lives are lost and ruined ...
    I understand your point, but what I was trying to get at is not that Allergan and their corporate board are saints but that they actually research and make/develop products. Valeant does not do that. Their stated goal is to buy companies that have successful products, dump all their their research and development, and focus solely on marketing the already proven successful products (hence my comment about hollowing out companies).

While this is not bad in the abstract, provided that there are enough smaller companies taking up the slack in regards to research and development, it's likely that while they're applying this strategy to companies that follow the "traditional" model they're going to throw some babies out with the bathwater in that many of these companies may have products that they're researching that are promising but that may require more research and that therefore will be abandoned. If this includes a promising potential treatment for hair loss, I think that will be a real tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Bomb? Which bomb?

The article which you had mentioned about the future treatment is an very nice way of sharing been made.