+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    Anyone know when bimatoprost will be out?
    cant you just go out and buy it then rub it in your hair?

Quote Originally Posted by matlondon View Post
    cant you just go out and buy it then rub it in your hair?
    the hair version is much stronger than the stuff we can purchase i believe..not sure when it's supposed to be out tho

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Another weapon taken out of our arsenal.
    There is still some hope. Allergan is really fighting the takeover. I hope that they can keep it up.

But from a MPB perspective, this series of events does seem like a cruel joke. It's really rare for any potential treatments to come along, and one of the very few companies that's looking into something that could be big is targeted for takeover by a company that quite literally only cares about hollowing out companies for profit. Can't we just have this one thing followed up on till the point that we can really know for sure what the potential is?

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    the hair version is much stronger than the stuff we can purchase i believe..not sure when it's supposed to be out tho
    I believe Phase IIb ends september or January 2015 I cant recall.

But we'll know for sure after that, if they get good results, were maybe 1-2 years away max as theyre a big company, if they feel it's not worth the fees of a phase III then were probably never gonna get it.

realistically it is the closest treatment we have coming up, as Histogen dissappeared, it's the only one approaching phase 3 within the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    I believe Phase IIb ends september or January 2015 I cant recall.

But we'll know for sure after that, if they get good results, were maybe 1-2 years away max as theyre a big company, if they feel it's not worth the fees of a phase III then were probably never gonna get it.

realistically it is the closest treatment we have coming up, as Histogen dissappeared, it's the only one approaching phase 3 within the next year.
    Cotsarelis confirmed Follica ended Phase II last year.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Cotsarelis confirmed Follica ended Phase II last year.
    He also made it seem like they have no interest in continuing the trials. That whole thing is just weird to me even though it looks far more promising than anything else on the market.

Allergan has already proven to bring BIM to market in a another form only a few years ago, So i'd trust that they're likely to release it for hair barring major side effects/lack of results.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    He also made it seem like they have no interest in continuing the trials. That whole thing is just weird to me even though it looks far more promising than anything else on the market.
    That's speculation and really only going by what Desmond relayed to us. You really can't take take anything positive or negative out of it. Essentially we tried to pry into the clinical trials and he kept things quiet... business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    That's speculation and really only going by what Desmond relayed to us. You really can't take take anything positive or negative out of it. Essentially we tried to pry into the clinical trials and he kept things quiet... business as usual.
    For sure, gotta hope for the best really. I just hope they realize that a product that's even 10% better than Minoxidil or equally as a effective as Fin is worth releasing as alternatives are always welcome(and you never know what Stacking Fin+another DHT inhibitor may do) and would sell really well.

We're starving for options, but some companies seem to feel it's not worth the start-up cost.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    It's really rare for any potential treatments to come along, and one of the very few companies that's looking into something that could be big is targeted for takeover by a company that quite literally only cares about hollowing out companies for profit.
    You make it sound like Allergan isn't like that. If you read some of the reports from people who got (extremely serious) side effects from Botox you'll probably change your mind about that. There are some real horror stories out there, not sure what to think of it, but sometimes it sounds like Allergan is the devil itself. For example: http://www.realself.com/review/south...botox-cosmetic or http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com...l#.U40TcflOvIU

This investigation also notes that in an August 2012 Deposition, the Vice President of Sales admitted that Allergan trains sales reps to tell doctors that Botox could not cause botulism--however, Allergan's own internal studies had confirmed that it could.
    It sounds like a company which doesnt care about people's lives at all and ONLY cares about cash, even if lives are lost and ruined ...

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    You make it sound like Allergan isn't like that. If you read some of the reports from people who got (extremely serious) side effects from Botox you'll probably change your mind about that. There are some real horror stories out there, not sure what to think of it, but sometimes it sounds like Allergan is the devil itself. For example: http://www.realself.com/review/south...botox-cosmetic or http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com...l#.U40TcflOvIU

It sounds like a company which doesnt care about people's lives at all and ONLY cares about cash, even if lives are lost and ruined ...
    You have set yourself up as the watchdog of human morality and as the only man out there who can be trusted. All of these companies have products that fail or hurt people.
    Last edited by Winston; 06-03-2014 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Inappropriate, incendiary comments removed. Please refer to our posting policies.