+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default CHANGE how people see bald men

Hello. New member. Age 30, NW3V. I've been NW3+ since my early 20s. I've noticed that this forum seems to be filled with people bemoaning hair loss and using drugs to cling to the hair they have left. Many people here are trying everything they can to not be "bald" or "balding." If a total stranger were to say "huh, you're balding!" How would you handle it?

How about instead of being so terrified of baldness we change what it means to be a bald man? What if bald men were known as being fit, confident, calm and successful? What if baldness, as ugly as it is, forced us to develop exceptional abilities?

Life throws curve balls at everyone. Sometimes those curve balls are crazy brutal. What if our baldness made us better equipped emotionally at dealing with those curve balls?

Sure, we'll never be as sexually magnetic as the Brad Pitts of the world. But it's not like every guy with hair is crushing tail while all us baldies watch from the sidelines. I can't speak for all of you, but I've managed to score a wee bit of trim in my life. And that's cool.

Also, I'm a short guy too! Barely 5'7"!

Quote Originally Posted by Age30 NW3 View Post
    I've noticed that this forum seems to be filled with people bemoaning hair loss and using drugs to cling to the hair they have left. Many people here are trying everything they can to not be "bald" or "balding."
    You do realize that this is a hair loss forum. The majority of us cant and wont accept going bald. You want hair loss acceptance. Slybaldguys is that way -------->

LOL. Well...it sounds like an inability to let go is your real problem. I'll check that site out!

Quote Originally Posted by Age30 NW3 View Post
    LOL. Well...it sounds like an inability to let go is your real problem. I'll check that site out!
    That is my problem at the moment. The bald look blows.

until people figure out a way to make being bald as a way to make money in cosmetics, the general public will not consider bald attractive. However, you can still be bald and attractive to most women who actually like themselves if you still like yourself.

The vast majority of humans over 25 are not physically attractive, with or without hair. Most people are fat, pale, ugly, unhealthy, not good looking. As adults over 25, our abilities matter far more than our looks. And guess what? If you eat a super healthy diet (lots of veggies, no junk, no white bread, no fatty meat), exercise, and get a tan, you will be more attractive than most men with hair. Because most men with hair are unhealthy and out of shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    That is my problem at the moment. The bald look blows.
    So does the fat look, the pale look, the unkempt look, the badly-dressed look, the depressed look...most looks blow. It takes a lot to look attractive. You need the whole package.

Baldness is a bit overrated in terms of ugliness. If you are good looking with hair, chances are that you would still be good looking without it.

Right on! And hair is overrated in terms of attractiveness.

I'm an attractive 24 year old guy, 6" 3', I have been approached to do modelling, I had a good social life, I had success with women, doing well in university etc. etc. All of that while being bald, yet I have been on minoxidil since I was 20 years old and I had a 5000€ FUE hair transplant two weeks ago, this is the topic about it: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16218

Why? Because I just didn't want to be "the bald guy". Because no matter how much you make your rationalization hamster spin and tell yourself being bald at f-ing 24 years old is OK, in the end, society, people, women hate baldness on young guys and will make sure to remind you that, so that you know your place.

I've been bullied by men in bars, shouting, singing in chores that I had no hair, women made fun of my see-through hair, women told me "not you, not in your dreams, I don't date bald guys!", "we told each other you had cancer, do you have cancer Fred?", "You look like a skinhead", "You were good-looking, you know, when you had hair".

I'll go further and say this: you may have won the genetic lottery and still be deeply affected by baldness, because it is and always will be disfigurement. You hair line goes and the proportions are not there anymore. It crushes you when you look in the mirror. You are simply just worse off, and average guys can lose quite a lot of marks on the attractive scale. OP, you don't seem to realize how offensive your posts can come across here, and you're only NW3, wait until you're past NW4 and come back to lecture us again. I'll not be surprised if you changed your mind completely.