+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

You don't seem to realize how young you come across here. When I was 24 I felt the same way. But all the oppression you discussed? It happens to everyone for one thing or another. Everyone gets picked on, left out, marginalized, mocked... The only difference with you is that you have a nice scapegoat...your hair. You're tall and good looking...THAT is why people pick on you...you should have started singing along with those guys in the pub. They obviously hate their lives, and you would have looked like a funny, unflappable champion. Girls would have loved it. Average looking people love picking on good looking people. If you weren't bald, they'd find something else. Maybe the way you dress or the way you smell. Women rejection? Dude modern western women are awful. Any good looking guy will tell you how psycho they are. If they're not rejecting you, they're desperately clinging to you. Which is worse, honestly? As for my NW3, I have ALWAYS been the baldest of my friends. Always. Do you think girls look at me and go "oh he's only NW3, I'll still bang him." Bald is bald. Either you have a good hairline, or you don't. Period. Your problem isn't your hair...it's your inability to understand people.

You're not the first person to come to this site and start a thread like this. What exactly is y'alls mentality? Do you think you are going to leave a comment on btt and lead the parade to acceptance? Or are you just here to troll everybody?

I know plenty of people who've never been "picked on, left out, marginalized, mocked." A lot of lucky people will go through life and never suffer asinine or cruel comments being made about their appearance.

A lot of people will never be made fun of?

That's a bold statement, you don't know other people so well, what they have been through.

It seems that you idealise other people's life a bit too much.

I'm sure pretty much everyone has been made of or picked on at a point in his life.

My statement is based on the people in my life (whom I know very well), and the majority of them have not been picked on. Ever. You are right--I don't know what others have been or are going through. That's why I don't judge people and give of myself to others who are not so fortunate. I don't idealize anyone or anyone's life. I don't know how you got that idea.

And I never said a lot of people will never be made fun of; I said they won't suffer negative comments being made about their appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    I know plenty of people who've never been "picked on, left out, marginalized, mocked." A lot of lucky people will go through life and never suffer asinine or cruel comments being made about their appearance.
    It's not always about "cruel comments." It's about the way people reduce each other's worth. Being ignored might be worse than being made fun of with cruel comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    And I never said a lot of people will never be made fun of; I said they won't suffer negative comments being made about their appearance.
    That's just not true. Everyone will will get negative comments about their appearance at a point in their life.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I'm an attractive 24 year old guy, 6" 3', I have been approached to do modelling, I had a good social life, I had success with women, doing well in university etc. etc. All of that while being bald, yet I have been on minoxidil since I was 20 years old and I had a 5000€ FUE hair transplant two weeks ago, this is the topic about it: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16218

Why? Because I just didn't want to be "the bald guy". Because no matter how much you make your rationalization hamster spin and tell yourself being bald at f-ing 24 years old is OK, in the end, society, people, women hate baldness on young guys and will make sure to remind you that, so that you know your place.

I've been bullied by men in bars, shouting, singing in chores that I had no hair, women made fun of my see-through hair, women told me "not you, not in your dreams, I don't date bald guys!", "we told each other you had cancer, do you have cancer Fred?", "You look like a skinhead", "You were good-looking, you know, when you had hair".

I'll go further and say this: you may have won the genetic lottery and still be deeply affected by baldness, because it is and always will be disfigurement. You hair line goes and the proportions are not there anymore. It crushes you when you look in the mirror. You are simply just worse off, and average guys can lose quite a lot of marks on the attractive scale. OP, you don't seem to realize how offensive your posts can come across here, and you're only NW3, wait until you're past NW4 and come back to lecture us again. I'll not be surprised if you changed your mind completely.
    Who cares if some women don't want to date bald men. Why is it so important for some men to be attractive to all women? I think you are talking about women who go to bars and clubs. They are the uglier ones anyway, shopping for some validation in those bars. There was a scientific article which concluded that uglier women place more value on the physical appearance of their partner. Women often seek traits which they lack themselves in their partner.

I hate this balding crap as much as anybody, but sometimes I think we are our own worst enemy when it comes to keeping us from getting what we want out of life. As much as we would all like to believe that hair will end all of our suffering, and I know I will get crap for this, but having a full head of hair will not solve all our problems.

Many around here make it all about women. Yeah there are many women that will not give you the time of day because of your shitty hair, but there are also women that will do the same because of your skin tone, weight, financial status, education, etc. We can only make the best of what we have. I am not saying give up the hair loss battle. I sure as hell am not. Just because our hair is going to hell doesn't mean we have to let the rest of us do the same.

Losing hair most likely will take it's toll on our looks, but we don't have to make things worse by walking around frustrated and angry about it. I think a woman would rather go out with the cool, in shape, stylish, balding guy, than a bitter, angry, insecure, balding guy that walks around hating the world.