+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Cotsarelis Presentation - PGD2 inhibition was reversed with blocker

In the recent video uploaded from WCHR :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN5H01HGaVI

Starting from 19:40 to about 20:10 Cotsarelis says (with photo evidence) they were able to reverse the inhibition from pgd2 with a blocker. Im pretty sure this was human hair as well. I think this is very exciting, I wonder why they havent mentioned this more often? Perhaps they only tested it on to small amount of cases, and that wasn't enough evidence to publish it, or they could be holding back information for competitive reasons.

In other words a PGD2 blocker - with a good delivery into the right area of the follicle (he mentions were this is) should be able to reverse the effect of pgd2. That should give some serious growth but noone knows just how much, we will just have to be patient.

Keep the faith guys!

That's very interesting. I truly think this is the kind on technical informations we need.

Just one doubt.

From what I heard, PgDS elongated the anagen phase, while PgD2 shortened it (19:35).

No mention about:

whether PgDS could revert miniaturization

whether PgDS is the same agent which enlarges the hair follicles on the head of a toddler through his first years of life and brings the transition from lanugo hair to terminal hair

whether PgDS could revert the fibrosis commonly associated with miniaturization in AGA, or even better: if the fibrosis is just a consequence of miniaturiaztion, that is, enlarging the follicle again the fibrosis automatically disappears (not likely I think, but glad to hear any contribution)

Thanks to you all!!

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    That's very interesting. I truly think this is the kind on technical informations we need.

Just one doubt.

From what I heard, PgDS elongated the anagen phase, while PgD2 shortened it (19:35).

No mention about:

whether PgDS could revert miniaturization

whether PgDS is the same agent which enlarges the hair follicles on the head of a toddler through his first years of life and brings the transition from lanugo hair to terminal hair

whether PgDS could revert the fibrosis commonly associated with miniaturization in AGA, or even better: if the fibrosis is just a consequence of miniaturiaztion, that is, enlarging the follicle again the fibrosis automatically disappears (not likely I think, but glad to hear any contribution)

Thanks to you all!!
    Thanks for reply, I think they are not sure if a pgd2 blocker can revert minuaristiesed hairs fully. But this is the first proof that they can reverse the effects of pgd2 using a blocker. I think the process of hair formation early on in life is different and not relevant here, but im not sure.

Bump, has everyone watched the part of the video where this is shown? This is exactly what we were looking for. Hard evidence of regrowth of hairs after miniaturisation.

Interesting enough but is there something we can get now that causes PGD2 inhibition?

how close would a product like this be to launching!?

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    how close would a product like this be to launching!?
    Thats a question we should of got Desmond to ask Cotsarelis .

Quote Originally Posted by HairlossAt15 View Post
    In the recent video uploaded from WCHR :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN5H01HGaVI

Starting from 19:40 to about 20:10 Cotsarelis says (with photo evidence) they were able to reverse the inhibition from pgd2 with a blocker. Im pretty sure this was human hair as well. I think this is very exciting, I wonder why they havent mentioned this more often? Perhaps they only tested it on to small amount of cases, and that wasn't enough evidence to publish it, or they could be holding back information for competitive reasons.

In other words a PGD2 blocker - with a good delivery into the right area of the follicle (he mentions were this is) should be able to reverse the effect of pgd2. That should give some serious growth but noone knows just how much, we will just have to be patient.

Keep the faith guys!
    Good job picking up on this part and highlighting its potential significance. Still a little hard to tell what the deal is with just this little part, but unless he made a mistake in the words he chose it certainly seems to indicate that by blocking PGD2 it reversed the effects and that they actually saw this in human subjects, which does seem quite significant. He also seemed pretty interested and excited by the idea of following up on this with those existing drugs, which is also really good.

I'm going to have to review Desmond's postings about his conference conversation with Cotsarelis, weren't they saying he was really pessimistic? That doesn't seem to be the case from this clip.

OC459 is a PGD2 inhibitor

High levels of PGD2 present in asthma patients, so a plausible solution here is to inhibit PGD2, which is what Atopix therapeutics has done with OC459. The results are here:

http://www.atopixtherapeutics.co.uk/...aai-poster.pdf

High levels of PGD2 present in MPB on the scalp

Quote Originally Posted by bradpitthair View Post
    OC459 is a PGD2 inhibitor

High levels of PGD2 present in asthma patients, so a plausible solution here is to inhibit PGD2, which is what Atopix therapeutics has done with OC459. The results are here:

http://www.atopixtherapeutics.co.uk/...aai-poster.pdf

High levels of PGD2 present in MPB on the scalp
    Oh wow they have completed phase 3 trials? I wonder if Cotsarelis knows about this.

Quote Originally Posted by HairlossAt15 View Post
    Oh wow they have completed phase 3 trials? I wonder if Cotsarelis knows about this.
    Oh, he knows.