+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by inbrugge View Post
    So what can I use off the shelf to reverse PGD2 inhibition?
    This is perhaps one of the reasons why they are so quiet. Why would they give you ideas of how to block PGD2 without their product already on shelves?

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    This is perhaps one of the reasons why they are so quiet. Why would they give you ideas of how to block PGD2 without their product already on shelves?
    Cotsarelis already name some of them.

But they have no product for hairloss in their pipeline lol...

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Cotsarelis already name some of them.
    Like what?

Then why nobody in this forum use or even only talk about OC000459?

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    Then why nobody in this forum use or even only talk about OC000459?
    Possibly because Kane's OC000459 could be bunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
    But they have no product for hairloss in their pipeline lol...
    http://puretechventures.com/pipeline.php

Hard to believe that's true with their pgd2 discovery and list of available drugs that block that receptor. Guess you missed my point about follica NOT trying to make billions.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Possibly because Kane's OC000459 could be bunk.
    Hellouser - what's your take on follica's progress or where they might be? You seem to be a well-informed and logical person.

http://puretechventures.com/pipeline.php

Hard to believe that's true with their pgd2 discovery and list of available drugs that block that receptor. Guess you missed my point about follica NOT trying to make billions.
    Even if you're doing preliminary research, clinical trials always have to be posted. And they take time. Just because Pgd2 blocking aids in hair growth doesn't mean its effective on its own. It's just one of many channels. I doubt cotsarellis was bluffing at the congress, and garza his cohort also said that they have not found the right chemical yet. You broscientists make this all sound like its a simple puzzle. You're not gonna solve it, trust.

That being said, Bimatoprost does work on the pgd3 channel and seems to be at least somewhat effective, so hopefully in the future more will come of this knowledge. My guess is cloned follicles will come before any great chemical or wounding based cure, will be more effective, and will make more money for the HT doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Even if you're doing preliminary research, clinical trials always have to be posted. And they take time. Just because Pgd2 blocking aids in hair growth doesn't mean its effective on its own. It's just one of many channels. I doubt cotsarellis was bluffing at the congress, and garza his cohort also said that they have not found the right chemical yet. You broscientists make this all sound like its a simple puzzle. You're not gonna solve it, trust.

That being said, Bimatoprost does work on the pgd3 channel and seems to be at least somewhat effective, so hopefully in the future more will come of this knowledge. My guess is cloned follicles will come before any great chemical or wounding based cure, will be more effective, and will make more money for the HT doctors.
    Not a broscientist. I roll my eyes anytime I see someone on here believe they've solved hair loss with a new method they developed in their basement. It's just extremely hard to believe that they're not working on something or that they haven't gotten anywhere with all the science, and hype that goes with their discovery.

Hellouser - what's your take on follica's progress or where they might be? You seem to be a well-informed and logical person.
    No take, really. IMO, its all in limbo. They've been really silent. Think of it this way:

People criticize Replicel for parading around David Hall and marketing the product all over the world with presentations of a working treatment (even if not very good). People also criticize Follica for NOT being vocal at all. People also criticize Dr. Lauster for not saying ANYTHING AT ALL since his 3D culturing of cells from follicles nearly 5 years ago (which ive been pissed about). People complain about Histogen HAVING a good treatment but not being vocal enough eventhough they're fairly OK with announcements despite issues with funding, etc.

It's be pretty crazy to make a final judgement on the state of Follica... just over a year ago they said they can grow new follicles. Alright... so now do we shrug that off as a lie?