Hair transplant did not grow. Any advice?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • topcat
    • May 2009

3rd time the greens mentioned by after hair are good but vitamin k is best absorbed when combined with fat from a natural source. And sure you could add some olive oil to the greens but you would still not get the concentrated form found in pastured butter................big difference.

Preferably raw butter.............that which has not been pasturized............otherwise Kerry's from Ireland would be a distant 2nd choice or anything form New Zealand maybe even parts of South America. The stuff made here in the USA is severely polluted and you do not want a concentrated form of fat which is the storehouse for estrogenic hormones and antibiotics entering your body on regular basis. It's a prescription for cancer..........regardless of if it's butter, ice cream, etc.

Comment

• topcat
      • May 2009

I don’t think people get it……………….doctors often times cannot give you the best advice. They can only give you the advice the rules allow them to give and/or what they have available with their limited knowledge. You will see these medical therapy type comments because that is the extent of what they can offer. It does not mean it’s the best advice.

So when you seek the advice of a medical doctor for any reason you need to understand the limits of what they can offer and take personal responsibility to increase your knowledge base.

As long as the medical establishment follows the rules they are less likely to be sued and lose because they are following standard operating procedures…………….they know that and they color inside the lines.

Whatever you decide to do you need to take that personal responsibility.

Comment

• gillenator
        • Dec 2008

Yes there are limitations and that also reminds me of chemotherapy drugs. Many believe you have to kill off the good cells along with the bad cancer cells to get rid of it which is still the first choice in many treatment plans.

Now there is auto-immune therapy and other options however still limited as compared to what a strong auto-immune system can do for the body.

Good nutrition is everything and yet many of us in the US continually consume ourselves with processed foods.
        "Gillenator"
        Independent Patient Advocate
        more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
          Doctor Representative
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gillenator
          Yes there are limitations and that also reminds me of chemotherapy drugs. Many believe you have to kill off the good cells along with the bad cancer cells to get rid of it which is still the first choice in many treatment plans.

Now there is auto-immune therapy and other options however still limited as compared to what a strong auto-immune system can do for the body.

Good nutrition is everything and yet many of us in the US continually consume ourselves with processed foods.
          Corporations have a very different view of what food actually is. More and more people wanting to live a full healthy life appear to be rejecting faux food.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
          Cole Hair Transplant
          Toll Free: 1-800-368-4247
          Phone 678-566-1011
          The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
          Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• topcat
            • May 2009

To understand how the medical system works and why in fact you don’t always receive what is best, one only needs to look at the recent news story of Norwegian Airlines wanting to offer very low international air travel here in the states. The 3 major airlines are working with law makers to ban them and this happens everyday just different circumstances..................we all know it as politics except for maybe the really young guys.

The history of the medical system and how it was set up is exactly the same. It’s a closed system which is strictly profit driven. Once one fully understands this than they should realize they need to do their own serious research before something happens and not after otherwise the system takes control and one has very little choice as it has usually become to late.

Their philosophy seems to be you will take what we have to offer and you will like it and we will extract as much money from you as possible unless of course you don't have any money then you will be advised to do nothing............lol.................not the best system.

This is in fact why food is so important............you do not want to be part of that system and it's possible not to be part of it barring any major accidents..........I have not been to a medical doctor in about 30 years outside of ht and I do not use medications...........it's not all by chance.

This is the greatest gift my ht experience has given me. The body heals itself given the proper nutrition just the way it was originally designed long before statins, beta blockers, Coumadin, Acell or whatever.

Maybe some would not agree but it might be helpful to at least one person. I am one person and it has helped me.

Comment

• topcat
              • May 2009

I don’t think most that work in the medical industry even understand their own history………….I mean really do you know the history of your industry. Let’s go back only 100 years for now. It’s two guys getting together figuring out how they can control the system, eliminate competition and sell their pills. They did it first by controlling who and how someone got licensed, they then eliminated the competition legislatively. It’s the same system today only much bigger. Some of it, a very small percentage is of value under some circumstances the rest is simply about driving profit.

So when you push your healing ointments you are in fact working for the same system those two guys set up that was simply about making money and nothing more. There are better ways you just don’t know them.

Comment

• gillenator
                • Dec 2008

I am always impressed with certain cultures of people like people of Asian descent. And take note of the Japanese who are extremely nutritious conscious and have a correspondingly lower rate of disease and higher mortality rate.

The western hemisphere wants and demands the quick fix and no wonder why the drug companies are getting rich and have a pill for everything and anything that ails you.

I have personally learned to be much more pro-active with my nutrition after I nearly died. Yet once I had late stage cancer, I would undoubtedly been a dead man without the chemo.
                "Gillenator"
                more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• AfterHair
                  Doctor Representative
                  • May 2014

I am always impressed with certain cultures of people like people of Asian descent. And take note of the Japanese who are extremely nutritious conscious and have a correspondingly lower rate of disease and higher mortality rate.

The western hemisphere wants and demands the quick fix and no wonder why the drug companies are getting rich and have a pill for everything and anything that ails you.

I have personally learned to be much more pro-active with my nutrition after I nearly died. Yet once I had late stage cancer, I would undoubtedly been a dead man without the chemo.
                  Wow. Thanks for sharing that story, Gillenator.
                  Assuming you take Finasteride, it would be interesting to hear your reasons for choosing to take meds for hair loss considering you have dealt with and (thankfully) beat cancer. Do you ever have any worries about the long term effects meds could possibly have?
                  I do take Finasteride but sometimes wonder if it is something that I'll regret in 15-20 years. We don't get alot people sharing stories like the one you shared, so your thoughts on this topic are interesting.
                  Another thing that interests me is that after battling cancer, you're still very active in hair restoration; ie. your aesthetics/looks are a concern for you. That's pretty cool though.
                  AfterHair is a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi

AfterHair's regimen includes:
                  HT #1 2710 grafts by Dr Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA in 2012
                  Rogaine foam 2xdaily, since 2012
                  Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012
                  sigpic

Comment

• gillenator
                    • Dec 2008

AfterHair,

Thanks for the kind words my friend. Most people dread the "C" word and most of the time, it's not easy for me to discuss. But I do so to give other people hope. You have no idea how many emails that I received several months ago when a sole poster was accusing me of being hypocritical with my motives for helping others. I am not being critical of him because I truly believe he was genuine of his convictions and a victim of poor HT work in the past. Actually, he's a good guy IMHO. The truth is that I spend far more time with volunteer hospice support than posting in these forums and unfortunately, most of the people referred to me do not survive. So although my hair thinned greatly from the chemo, I am very grateful for it but care far more about people than hair.

Most of these were men who are presently dealing with various cancers. I also heard from a few women with breast cancer and one with cervical cancer. It blew me away. It ended up to be more of a moral support and counseling exchange instead of recommendations. Most of them wanted advice in getting procedures to replace hair lost from cancer treatments like chemo. Some guys had both chemo and radiation and lost everything on their scalps. A few had more of a advanced thinning of their hair density/mass but I strongly urged them "not" to have any HT surgery.

They were not late stage or terminal cases like mine but still, it is ill-advisable to think HTs is the answer when losing hair to cancer treatments. If the individuals survive after treatment, the hair will grow back in most cases. So it's really a matter of waiting and nutrition.

As far as finasteride goes, I started consuming low dose in 1996 and to this day. Because of my health history of cancer and diabetes among other things, I have a complete blood work/labs done every three months like clock-work. Amazingly, my PCP tells me that I have great numbers in every category. My glucose is high sometimes but I watch what I eat and purposefully eat nutritiously. Finasteride is still to this day keeping my crown from thinning and spreading out. So honestly, to some degree I still do care about not being bald. I don't think we ever stop caring about that because we all once had hair and when we lose it, there is still a sense of loss.

I do exercise regularly with a cardio plan and light weight lifting for toning. I also earned a black belt in Taekwondo, Mudokwon style so I strengthen my body without any heavy weights. Not trying to gain muscle mass, just staying in shape. I am somewhat limited in jogging because I only have one lung, but there are many ways to skin the cat if you know what I mean.

BTW, my photo was taken at a studio just before the chemo started. My wife wanted a current photo in case that I did not survive the cancer. My hair density is thinner than that now but that's ok and not shaken by it. I had four separate FUHT procedures totaling 6900 grafts to get to the point in the photo.

Your pics are absolutely awesome and you obviously have experienced some great success and transformation. I am sure you are happy with your own results my friend...take care and thanks again!
                    "Gillenator"
                    more.hair@verizon.net

Comment

• swingline747
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by 3rd time
                      Wish I knew about all this earlier. Especially the liposomal. I was give saline spray for the first two days post op.
                      Same here, saline spray which I thought was a bit minimal honestly. I know supposedly at 4 to 5 months Im still "early" but I have these small "spots" of grafts that have grown with no density surrounded by bare spots. Im afraid for some reason my temples just refused to take hairs. I keep hope alive but reality in my heart at all times. Least you had two successful ones, but the thought of losing all those useful hairs is awful. My doc said if it doesnt grow right he will do another but REALLY, do you want to try again depleting more of your donor hair?

stressful to say the least

Comment

• AfterHair
                        Doctor Representative
                        • May 2014

AfterHair,

Thanks for the kind words my friend. Most people dread the "C" word and most of the time, it's not easy for me to discuss. But I do so to give other people hope. You have no idea how many emails that I received several months ago when a sole poster was accusing me of being hypocritical with my motives for helping others. I am not being critical of him because I truly believe he was genuine of his convictions and a victim of poor HT work in the past. Actually, he's a good guy IMHO. The truth is that I spend far more time with volunteer hospice support than posting in these forums and unfortunately, most of the people referred to me do not survive. So although my hair thinned greatly from the chemo, I am very grateful for it but care far more about people than hair.

Most of these were men who are presently dealing with various cancers. I also heard from a few women with breast cancer and one with cervical cancer. It blew me away. It ended up to be more of a moral support and counseling exchange instead of recommendations. Most of them wanted advice in getting procedures to replace hair lost from cancer treatments like chemo. Some guys had both chemo and radiation and lost everything on their scalps. A few had more of a advanced thinning of their hair density/mass but I strongly urged them "not" to have any HT surgery.

They were not late stage or terminal cases like mine but still, it is ill-advisable to think HTs is the answer when losing hair to cancer treatments. If the individuals survive after treatment, the hair will grow back in most cases. So it's really a matter of waiting and nutrition.

As far as finasteride goes, I started consuming low dose in 1996 and to this day. Because of my health history of cancer and diabetes among other things, I have a complete blood work/labs done every three months like clock-work. Amazingly, my PCP tells me that I have great numbers in every category. My glucose is high sometimes but I watch what I eat and purposefully eat nutritiously. Finasteride is still to this day keeping my crown from thinning and spreading out. So honestly, to some degree I still do care about not being bald. I don't think we ever stop caring about that because we all once had hair and when we lose it, there is still a sense of loss.

I do exercise regularly with a cardio plan and light weight lifting for toning. I also earned a black belt in Taekwondo, Mudokwon style so I strengthen my body without any heavy weights. Not trying to gain muscle mass, just staying in shape. I am somewhat limited in jogging because I only have one lung, but there are many ways to skin the cat if you know what I mean.

BTW, my photo was taken at a studio just before the chemo started. My wife wanted a current photo in case that I did not survive the cancer. My hair density is thinner than that now but that's ok and not shaken by it. I had four separate FUHT procedures totaling 6900 grafts to get to the point in the photo.

Your pics are absolutely awesome and you obviously have experienced some great success and transformation. I am sure you are happy with your own results my friend...take care and thanks again!
                        Gillenator, wow what a story.
                        I already had respect for you based on your posts on hair loss forums.. but knowing where you have come from, and the place in your heart that your desire to help others comes from, I have even more respect for you.
                        Thank you so much for being a great guy. I've only read about how tough it is to volunteer or work in hospice, and most people couldn't imagine actually doing that.

Regarding your limitation in jogging, it reminded me of the movie Seven Pounds, where Will Smith's brother was jogging and said "I'm in the greatest shape of my life". At the end of the movie, we realized he was actually jogging and living with just 1 lung. I know its a movie, but it is nice to know that a person can be in good shape with 1 lung. Clearly, with your exercising and black belt in Taekwondo, you're an example!

I'm glad I got to hear about your nutrition and that you continue to take Finasteride. Honestly, your story was inspiring and got me thinking more about my poor nutrition habits. I think I need to follow your example of better nutrition and exercise, and will continue to take Finasteride.

We're all kind of in this together.. like it or not, we are a brotherhood of hair loss sufferers.. some people farther up on the path than others (you mentioned you've been taking it since 1996). I appreciate having the advice of people with more experience (4 HT's 6000+ grafts) and wisdom.

Thanks again pal..
                        AfterHair is a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi

AfterHair's regimen includes:
                        HT #1 2710 grafts by Dr Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA in 2012
                        Rogaine foam 2xdaily, since 2012
                        Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...