+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jotronic View Post
    Don't be worried about these add-ons to a procedure. Not a single one would address the issue that affected your procedure. They're useless.

"Bleeders" are bleeders, regardless of using Acell, PRP, Liposomal ATP, etc, etc. The way to reduce the amount of bleeding during a procedure is to stay away from aspirin for two weeks minimum before a procedure or any medication containing "ASA". Stay away from fish oils or anything with vitamin E including multi-vitamins. Also stay away from herbs and supplements.

Another issue, that no one brought up, is your blood pressure. Be sure that your blood pressure is considered normal. You might want to get it checked before you go, that way, if it is high, you can talk to your doctor before your procedure to figure out what to do. You may also want to reconsider the vitamin K option.

I'd also stay away from using a saline mist post-op. If the grafts stay in they are being nourished by blood and they don't need saline. In fact, post-operative sprays can be harmful. For instance, if you have even one incision site that becomes infected, the use of a saline, water or copper peptide spray (any liquid for that matter) can help to spread the infection to other incision sites. Not good.

But again, none of the add-ons mentioned will make a lick of difference to a bleeder or popper like yourself. Once the grafts pop out and you are not in the clinic to have them quickly reinserted then they are dead from desiccation.
    Jotronic
    Makes a lot of sense because the Dr kept popping them back in over and over. Once I got home I pretty much went to bed so a lot probably popped back out.
    I will begin a vitamin k supplement I think.
    My blood pressure is always a little high at the start of every HT I've had due to nervousness and stress. But on a regular day to day basis it's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Much better to increase cholesterol to aid in wound healing along with some raw grass fed butter which is extremely high in K2.............in a form which the body is meant to absorb.

You not going to hear too much about it from the medical community............no money to be made but sometimes passing on valuable information or having valuable information is better than money.
    Topcat
    Funny you should mention this because I was thinking about starting a ketogenic diet high in natural fats.

3rd Time,

As I mentioned earlier, you may have more issues than what appears to any of us. And don't be lead to believe when anyone blows off any application that has clinical substantiation to be simply an "add on" to be without any merit to you. These items were not mentioned to help you from grafts popping but rather to put everything on your side in all aspects of your upcoming procedure.

Some patients do bleed however in most of those cases, the reality of it comes down to pre-op period of alcohol consumption, and intake of other blood thinners such as aspirin and the like. Even high cardio activity can thin the blood and you might even have a potentially low platelet count. Could PRP which has a rich platelet count help you coagulate? Only your doctor knows, and it would not hurt to get some other opinions regarding it because the more obvious issue is that your blood is not properly coagulating as you already know.

So anything that can help with that so that your blood clots properly to hold the grafts in place is going to obviously be of benefit to you. Again, I have observed Vitamin K to work very well but the best thing for you to do is to discuss all of these options with your doctor.

One more thing. If yield is part of the problem, apart from thin blood, then Liposomol ATP can potentially increase your yield and a number of the top docs are already using it. Again, this has clinical substantiation and already showing promise so you want to discuss these issues with your doctor.

I sincerely wish you the best my good friend in your upcoming procedure...
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Doctor Representative

I have read that vitamin K plays a major role in blood clotting. So it is used to reverse the effects of “blood thinning” medications when too much is given; and to treat bleeding caused by medications including salicylates, sulfonamides, quinine, quinidine, or antibiotics.

Vitamin K can be found in leafy green vegetables, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts.
    AfterHair is a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi

AfterHair's regimen includes:
    HT #1 2710 grafts by Dr Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA in 2012
    Rogaine foam 2xdaily, since 2012
    Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    3rd Time,

As I mentioned earlier, you may have more issues than what appears to any of us. And don't be lead to believe when anyone blows off any application that has clinical substantiation to be simply an "add on" to be without any merit to you. These items were not mentioned to help you from grafts popping but rather to put everything on your side in all aspects of your upcoming procedure.

Some patients do bleed however in most of those cases, the reality of it comes down to pre-op period of alcohol consumption, and intake of other blood thinners such as aspirin and the like. Even high cardio activity can thin the blood and you might even have a potentially low platelet count. Could PRP which has a rich platelet count help you coagulate? Only your doctor knows, and it would not hurt to get some other opinions regarding it because the more obvious issue is that your blood is not properly coagulating as you already know.

So anything that can help with that so that your blood clots properly to hold the grafts in place is going to obviously be of benefit to you. Again, I have observed Vitamin K to work very well but the best thing for you to do is to discuss all of these options with your doctor.

One more thing. If yield is part of the problem, apart from thin blood, then Liposomol ATP can potentially increase your yield and a number of the top docs are already using it. Again, this has clinical substantiation and already showing promise so you want to discuss these issues with your doctor.

I sincerely wish you the best my good friend in your upcoming procedure...
    Gillenator

I agree with you. I'm just trying to do as much possible to ensure a smooth procedure and good yield. Last time I had alcohol was 1 month ago and I never take aspirin, I also stopped fish oil and multi vitamins. The only thing I'm still doing is lifting weights and a little cardio. I'm having the procedure in two weeks so I will definitely stop the heavy lifting and cardio this coming Monday.

As for liposomal ATP I will mention it to my Doc. I asked him briefly about prp because I need something to stun any future hair loss. People are always going to have mixed opinions about certain hair loss products and procedures.
    I will never discredit something unless I try it myself first. Everybody reacts differently and what works for some can be a disaster for others.
    Right now I'm just hoping everything goes ok. This HT will be number 4!!!

Gillenator, thank you for all your support through this last HT. You have always been very helpful and really appreciate that.

3rd time the greens mentioned by after hair are good but vitamin k is best absorbed when combined with fat from a natural source. And sure you could add some olive oil to the greens but you would still not get the concentrated form found in pastured butter................big difference.

Preferably raw butter.............that which has not been pasturized............otherwise Kerry's from Ireland would be a distant 2nd choice or anything form New Zealand maybe even parts of South America. The stuff made here in the USA is severely polluted and you do not want a concentrated form of fat which is the storehouse for estrogenic hormones and antibiotics entering your body on regular basis. It's a prescription for cancer..........regardless of if it's butter, ice cream, etc.

I don’t think people get it……………….doctors often times cannot give you the best advice. They can only give you the advice the rules allow them to give and/or what they have available with their limited knowledge. You will see these medical therapy type comments because that is the extent of what they can offer. It does not mean it’s the best advice.

So when you seek the advice of a medical doctor for any reason you need to understand the limits of what they can offer and take personal responsibility to increase your knowledge base.

As long as the medical establishment follows the rules they are less likely to be sued and lose because they are following standard operating procedures…………….they know that and they color inside the lines.

Whatever you decide to do you need to take that personal responsibility.

Yes there are limitations and that also reminds me of chemotherapy drugs. Many believe you have to kill off the good cells along with the bad cancer cells to get rid of it which is still the first choice in many treatment plans.

Now there is auto-immune therapy and other options however still limited as compared to what a strong auto-immune system can do for the body.

Good nutrition is everything and yet many of us in the US continually consume ourselves with processed foods.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    Yes there are limitations and that also reminds me of chemotherapy drugs. Many believe you have to kill off the good cells along with the bad cancer cells to get rid of it which is still the first choice in many treatment plans.

Now there is auto-immune therapy and other options however still limited as compared to what a strong auto-immune system can do for the body.

Good nutrition is everything and yet many of us in the US continually consume ourselves with processed foods.
    Corporations have a very different view of what food actually is. More and more people wanting to live a full healthy life appear to be rejecting faux food.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    Toll Free: 1-800-368-4247
    Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 06:12 PM.

To understand how the medical system works and why in fact you don’t always receive what is best, one only needs to look at the recent news story of Norwegian Airlines wanting to offer very low international air travel here in the states. The 3 major airlines are working with law makers to ban them and this happens everyday just different circumstances..................we all know it as politics except for maybe the really young guys.

The history of the medical system and how it was set up is exactly the same. It’s a closed system which is strictly profit driven. Once one fully understands this than they should realize they need to do their own serious research before something happens and not after otherwise the system takes control and one has very little choice as it has usually become to late.

Their philosophy seems to be you will take what we have to offer and you will like it and we will extract as much money from you as possible unless of course you don't have any money then you will be advised to do nothing............lol.................not the best system.

This is in fact why food is so important............you do not want to be part of that system and it's possible not to be part of it barring any major accidents..........I have not been to a medical doctor in about 30 years outside of ht and I do not use medications...........it's not all by chance.

This is the greatest gift my ht experience has given me. The body heals itself given the proper nutrition just the way it was originally designed long before statins, beta blockers, Coumadin, Acell or whatever.

Maybe some would not agree but it might be helpful to at least one person. I am one person and it has helped me.