+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default SABA Gel (Retin-A + hydrocortisone) results

Has any one tried (Retin-A + hydrocortisone) or SABA Gel and Is it any good for genetic hair loss ?

Thanks

Jup good especially in combination with minoxidil (preferably mixed into it or applied directly after eachother. Def boosted my regrowth!

Retin-a works supposedly (even more so when combined with minoxidil);

- Increases ERK/AKT pathways.
    - Increase bcl2/Bax
    - Decrease P53 and downstream of it P21

(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2693596/)

Here some more studies about retin-a def showing remarkable increased hair growth icm minoxidil (or stand-alone) ;

Ferry JJ, et al. Influence of tretinoin on the percutaneous absorbtion of minoxidil from an aqueous topical solution.Clin Pharmacol Ther (1990) 47:439-46.

Gazzano GS, et al. Topical tretinoin for hair growth promotion. J Am Acad Dermatol (1986) 15:880-883.

Shin HS, et al. Efficacy of 5% minoxidil versus combined 5% minoxidil and 0.01% tretinoin for male pattern hair loss:a randomized, double-blind, comparative clinical trial. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2007;8(5):285-90.
    vi

Lewenberg A. Treatment of alopecia with a minoxidil-tretinoin combination. Adv Ther. (1991) 8:190-198.

Kligman AM, et al. Topical tretinoin for photoaged skin. J Am Acad Dermatol. 1986 Oct;15(4 Pt 2):836-59.

Now hydrocortisone has obviously anti-inflammatory actions.. and what is even way more interesting it upregulates sulfotransferase (this is the enzyme that is responsible for minoxidil effectiveness. Thats why some people go easily from nw4 to nw1 or 2 and some don't react at all). There is research going into this now. They are trying to find agents to upregulate sulfotransferase so more people can "hyper" respond to minoxidil.

So are they worth it stand-alone? Yes, but even more so in combination with minoxidil. It is basically my regimen for including RU and im heading to nw 1.5 where as i was NW4 almost. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Jup good especially in combination with minoxidil (preferably mixed into it or applied directly after eachother. Def boosted my regrowth!

Retin-a works supposedly (even more so when combined with minoxidil);

- Increases ERK/AKT pathways.
    - Increase bcl2/Bax
    - Decrease P53 and downstream of it P21

(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2693596/)

Here some more studies about retin-a def showing remarkable increased hair growth icm minoxidil (or stand-alone) ;

Ferry JJ, et al. Influence of tretinoin on the percutaneous absorbtion of minoxidil from an aqueous topical solution.Clin Pharmacol Ther (1990) 47:439-46.

Gazzano GS, et al. Topical tretinoin for hair growth promotion. J Am Acad Dermatol (1986) 15:880-883.

Shin HS, et al. Efficacy of 5% minoxidil versus combined 5% minoxidil and 0.01% tretinoin for male pattern hair loss:a randomized, double-blind, comparative clinical trial. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2007;8(5):285-90.
    vi

Lewenberg A. Treatment of alopecia with a minoxidil-tretinoin combination. Adv Ther. (1991) 8:190-198.

Kligman AM, et al. Topical tretinoin for photoaged skin. J Am Acad Dermatol. 1986 Oct;15(4 Pt 2):836-59.

Now hydrocortisone has obviously anti-inflammatory actions.. and what is even way more interesting it upregulates sulfotransferase (this is the enzyme that is responsible for minoxidil effectiveness. Thats why some people go easily from nw4 to nw1 or 2 and some don't react at all). There is research going into this now. They are trying to find agents to upregulate sulfotransferase so more people can "hyper" respond to minoxidil.

So are they worth it stand-alone? Yes, but even more so in combination with minoxidil. It is basically my regimen for including RU and im heading to nw 1.5 where as i was NW4 almost. Good luck.
    Does it has proven safety?

I've heard some good things about SABA gel and was wondering where one can buy this or get it via prescription. Also if it's cheaper to make on ones own, can anyone provide a how to guide?

Thanks

Hi i tried a while ago to get in touch with Dr Brown but she was always out of the office and calling from uk it was a pain in the butt.
    I also heard some negative comments from some of her ex patients online that said it did not regrow any hair.
    I also think with no email address and having such a hard time contacting her its a shame because i would have tried it even though she does ask for a consultation fee which with mail to uk would be very pricey.
    I do think her staff should be able to get her to call you back when someone calls from such a long way away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    Does it has proven safety?
    Well they are both approved compounds and used pretty often. But they can have side effects obviously. Read yourself into it. You don't need saba gel you can buy the ingredients both from inhouse or even ebay.

Does anyone know where one can get SABA gel? Also for the people who have success with it, do you apply it in conjunction with minoxidil?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cr1mson View Post
    Does anyone know where one can get SABA gel? Also for the people who have success with it, do you apply it in conjunction with minoxidil?

Thanks!
    Are you on a different planet i have explained about saba gel by dr brown you can search and find her site quite easy, but its not really a male pattern baldness cure and no she does not say use minox with it.
    I have used retina a and all it did is cause more hairloss and a very sore scalp another name for it is tretinoin which is for acne.
    There was talk on another site about saba gel and it turned out its a big scam and some people did not get any results from it.
    You would be better to use ru58841 than saba gel its a big hype its been out many years and if it did anything everyone would be using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Well they are both approved compounds and used pretty often. But they can have side effects obviously. Read yourself into it. You don't need saba gel you can buy the ingredients both from inhouse or even ebay.
    Swooping what are your thoughts? I read on another thread that you had tremendous success by combining Minox and Retin-A?

Also, I found Retin-A on ebay in the 0.05% strength. Can I really get this on ebay without a prescription?

I use retin-a for my stretch marks from working out and noticed my skin gets all red, itchy and irritated as fuuck. Couldn't imagine putting that on my hairline maybe I just react poorly to it. This ever happen to any of you?