Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aeroes
    • Feb 2013

Wake up Call

So I started dealing with hairloss at the start of my 20's(now 23) I've been in complete denial the whole time thinking that it would stop. I've been using Nizoral for 3 years. I took 2 tablets of propecia 2 years ago and suffered sexual side including ball ache and numbness down there, no libido, impotence took me months to recover. so obviouly i stopped taking it.. My Hair loss has now caught up on me and my receding hairline is becoming more noticeable. I'm not sure what to do, do I take propecia at a lower dose and hope to god I don't get sides again or are there other options.

Please help.
  • clandestine
    • Aug 2011

Why on earth would you continue with propecia if it gives you sexual side effects?

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
      • Jun 2013

I got hit by hair loss early too. By 22 - 23, my temples were noticeably thinning. As far as giving fin another try, tough call, since you has sides after just 2 pills. I would say it is up to you to decide if you want to risk it again. If walking around as a balding man bothers you more than risking sides, I say go for it. I would start off with a smaller dose and see how you respond.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
        Doctor Representative
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Aeroes
        So I started dealing with hairloss at the start of my 20's(now 23) I've been in complete denial the whole time thinking that it would stop. I've been using Nizoral for 3 years. I took 2 tablets of propecia 2 years ago and suffered sexual side including ball ache and numbness down there, no libido, impotence took me months to recover. so obviouly i stopped taking it.. My Hair loss has now caught up on me and my receding hairline is becoming more noticeable. I'm not sure what to do, do I take propecia at a lower dose and hope to god I don't get sides again or are there other options.

Please help.
        Oddly enough, some men who have sides with Propecia do better with Avodart even though it is a more powerful med and visa versa. Worth a try IMO. Just begin with very small doses.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
        forhair.com
        Cole Hair Transplant
        1070 Powers Place
        Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
        Phone 678-566-1011
        email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
        The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
        Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• Aeroes
          • Feb 2013

Thanks for the advice all. Would it be better to split the pill in quarters and have 0.25mg and see how I go. I don't want to be struck with sexual sides again. In a better headspace about it his time, rushed into it without any research last time.

Comment

Working...