+ Reply to Thread

Default Should I remove fin altogether and only use dut?

I bought some avodart a few weeks back after having taken 1.25mg fin daily for 7 months and seeing no results. I currently take the avodart twice a week and fin on the remaining days. The avodart gives me slight sides but nothing unbearable. Should I begin to use dut every day? I don't get sides with fin and can't see much point continuing to use it.

Oh my god everyone is freaking out as much as me apparently.

Listen 7 months is not long enough to tell if fin is working for you, it takes at least 12 - 18 months.

What everyone does not understand is even IF you don't see results by then it STILL may not mean it's not working. Sometimes hairs have to go through more than 1 whole entire growth cycle to appear to be recovering.

I personally think Dut is superior to Fin, taking both won't do anything positive for you. You are just probably increasing the chances of side effects for no good reason.

No need to take both. Quit finasteride and just go on with dutasteride indeed.

I've just put in my first order of Dut, after nearly 2.5 years on fin with no results.

I'm going to take dut only once or twice a week. Would that be enough per week for me to give up on the fin altogether? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminated View Post
    Oh my god everyone is freaking out as much as me apparently.

Listen 7 months is not long enough to tell if fin is working for you, it takes at least 12 - 18 months.

What everyone does not understand is even IF you don't see results by then it STILL may not mean it's not working. Sometimes hairs have to go through more than 1 whole entire growth cycle to appear to be recovering.

I personally think Dut is superior to Fin, taking both won't do anything positive for you. You are just probably increasing the chances of side effects for no good reason.
    What makes you say that taking both would be ineffective? Quite a few people do it.

Because they are doing the same thing, with dutasteride being more effective in that process. There is no reason to take both.

Quote Originally Posted by SOTF View Post
    Because they are doing the same thing, with dutasteride being more effective in that process. There is no reason to take both.
    I don't use both meds on the same day - fin on 5 days a week, dut on the remaining 2.

Do whatever you want, it doesn't mean it is the most effective use of the medication. Dutasteride every day is statistically a better regime. Side effects did not change or intensify on dutasteride and I arguably have more hair than when I was mixing the two to save on dut. This is all anecdotal.

You can purchase dutasteride @ $18/30 pack on alldaychemist. Shipping is a flat rate of $25, if you purchase in bulk you are only adding a few dollars a month to your bottom line.