+ Reply to Thread

Default Should I go back to Rogaine?

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to the forum and need your opinions.

I’m 27, Asian, and please excuse my poor English!

Due to my hair thinning from age 25, I have started to use both Rogaine and finasteride at the same time for about two years. I have stopped taking Rogaine for about a year now because even with two applications a day, I felt that my hair did not benefit from it at all.

Like many users of rogaine, after about a week of application, I started to have crazy shed period that last about 2 months, longer than usual that I almost give up and went some sort depression. Anyway, I kept it going and by month 3-4 I started to see some good result. However, the result only lasted for about 2-3 month and my hair started to fall again. During this time I was still using both rogaine and finasteride. Unfortunately, the good hair still falls out. By this point, I was disappointed but kept using both medication for about 4-5 month and decided to stop gradually because there was just no result anymore. (Application once a day for rogaine and proscar into ¼ every other day).

It’s been about a year now and yes I started to care/worrying my hair again. So my question is, Should I use Rogaine again? Would it possibly give me good result again? I know you might think it’s probably no harm to try, but I do not want go thru crazy shed again and not getting any benefits.

I know there is probably no best answer, but any input would be appreciated, perhaps share your experience?

PS: I no longer taking finasteride after two years of use because I do have some side effects and realize this will probably do more harm than good.

If you really did take a notice of rogaine (minoxidil) not working for you. Then do not use it. Minoxidil is by far the best growth treatment around and channels various positive signalling to the hair. Literally people have gone from NW4-5 to NW1-2 by only using minoxidil. Problem is that minoxidil response varies person to person that is due to depended sulfotransferase activity in the skin and hair follicle (damn genetics again ).

If it really did not work for you it probably is not going to work at all and not worth it IMO.

Please Delete MOD/ADMIN , Dunno why is posted 3 times. Thank you

Please Delete MOD/ADMIN , Dunno why is posted 3 times. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    If you really did take a notice of rogaine (minoxidil) not working for you. Then do not use it. Minoxidil is by far the best growth treatment around and channels various positive signalling to the hair. Literally people have gone from NW4-5 to NW1-2 by only using minoxidil. Problem is that minoxidil response varies person to person that is due to depended sulfotransferase activity in the skin and hair follicle (damn genetics again ).

If it really did not work for you it probably is not going to work at all and not worth it IMO.
    Thank you for the response, would you still support your statement even minoxidil worked a while for me?? I would say including the shedding period, It only worked about 6 months. Does this mean if I start to use minoxidil again, the result will be very limited?

Quote Originally Posted by curiosity123 View Post
    Thank you for the response, would you still support your statement even minoxidil worked a while for me?? I would say including the shedding period, It only worked about 6 months. Does this mean if I start to use minoxidil again, the result will be very limited?
    No, there is nothing wrong to try it if you did not suffer from side effects anyway. Minoxidil won't cause you to lose hair. It will either work for you or it won't simple as that. Retin-a and hydrocortisone will increase minoxidil effectiveness by quite a bit.