+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    We should just crowdfund ourselves. Pick up some biology textbooks, learn about cell culturing, find the solution ourselves, open a clinic in India and give a gigantic middle finger F*** YOU to everyone else who's taken forever to do anything about it.
    While this attitude is better than complaining about the situation and doing nothing about it, you grossly underestimate the complexity of the problem.

Well, even though its still "5 years away" at least this time that date is getting more and more solid with loads of progress being maid.

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    Well, even though its still "5 years away" at least this time that date is getting more and more solid with loads of progress being maid.
    I don't understand why you're saying the treatment is 5 years away or 10 years away or however many years away.

For all we know the scientists have achieved sufficient inductivity to regrow hair.

Dr. Aaron Gardner posted that they may not need to achieve total (100%) inductivity in culture because some inductivity may be the result of interaction between the environment (skin) and the follicle. If that is the case they may just need enough inductivity preserved in cell culture to spark the interaction between the environment (skin) and the follicle. The scientists may already have achieved sufficient culture inductivity to get the skin and follicles to interact. Now they may only need to add the environmental (skin) ingredients necessary to create the remaining inductivity.

Dr. Jahoda said last October at ISHRS 2013 that he achieved 22% inductivity and now (I think) Dr. Gardner posted here that scientists have achieved 40% so I think that means that scientists have doubled their inductivity preservation. 40% may be sufficient cell inductivity when you also add in the environmental factors. We need to find out how they are getting 40% inductivity when last year they could only get 22% inductivity???? How have they improved on their inductivity preservation???

Dr. Gardner also posted that "The Lendl Group" is doing the some of the most "ambitious" efforts in this regard. So who is the Lendl group? What is the Lendl Group doing? How are they doing it?

@Nameless

Trials my friend. once a treatment cure is developed it must be proven safe so 10 years may sound like a long time away but thats being very optimistic that one/some of these teams are very close to cracking this riddle.

5-10 years is a optimistic, bordering on realistic, timeline. I dont see a very effective game changing treatment or cure is 30 years out or anything that long, BUT it definitely might end up being more than 10 years.

Not even sure why this thread was started. Opening more threads wont magically create a cure or new development.

Yeah maybe future treatments forum can be renamed to speculation/snake oil forum for the next 3 or 4 years until something legit comes out. Think how many more snake oils will show up between then and now. I hope CB shows up in less then four years.

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    @Nameless

Trials my friend. once a treatment cure is developed it must be proven safe so 10 years may sound like a long time away but thats being very optimistic that one/some of these teams are very close to cracking this riddle.

5-10 years is a optimistic, bordering on realistic, timeline. I dont see a very effective game changing treatment or cure is 30 years out or anything that long, BUT it definitely might end up being more than 10 years.

Not even sure why this thread was started. Opening more threads wont magically create a cure or new development.
    CAlex if the technology already exists to cure the darn thing I do not think it would take that long to get it to market since Japan has just changed it's laws allowing the possibility of bringing cellular treatment to market after 1 safety study. Also there are countries where legislation would already allows this type of cell treatments in the marketplace NOW but the thing is that we have to have a viable cell cure first.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Dr. Gardner also posted that "The Lendl Group" is doing the some of the most "ambitious" efforts in this regard. So who is the Lendl group? What is the Lendl Group doing? How are they doing it?
    I think he might have been referring to the Rendl group: http://research.mssm.edu/rendl/

Quote Originally Posted by AntiBag Dave View Post
    I think he might have been referring to the Rendl group: http://research.mssm.edu/rendl/
    wow, lots of papers over there at Mount Sinai... Desmond and Arashi should take a look

http://research.mssm.edu/rendl/research.html

Pilox is the answer

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Pilox is the answer
    No its not, lol. That only inhibits DHT. Assuming it even works.