Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hellouser
    • May 2012

Originally posted by deuce
    I hope your right man. I probably should not have said 10 years, but I am frustrated. I hope we all see something quick.
    If the science is there, theres not going to be much of a reason for biotechs to prolong trials if the laws allow them to release a treatment quicker... investors won't be happy with that, lol.

On one hand, I hate fat overpaid CEOs, but on the other hand I love the fact that MONEY is much more of an incentive for a cure than sympathy.

Comment

• stayhopeful
      • Feb 2013

Hell brings up a great point. If anything, we can find solace in the fact that each morning we have something incredibly powerful on our side: greed. These researchers and biotech companies are just like every other human, they want to live very comfortably and make their mark somehow. And they want it sooner rather than later. Each day, these natural capitalistic incentives will drive them to push a cure to market. Not sympathy, not empathy. The question is if this drive is strong enough to overcome the enormous challenge of the task. I bet Albert Einstein could have done it if he had enough interest in the subject matter

Anyway, it's depressing we're still having these kinds of theoretical conversations instead of talking bout a tangible route forward in the near future.

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Originally posted by stayhopeful
        Anyway, it's depressing we're still having these kinds of theoretical conversations instead of talking bout a tangible route forward in the near future.
        We should just crowdfund ourselves. Pick up some biology textbooks, learn about cell culturing, find the solution ourselves, open a clinic in India and give a gigantic middle finger F*** YOU to everyone else who's taken forever to do anything about it.

The longer you live, the more you'll realize that nobody gives a shit about you expect you yourself.

Comment

• deuce
          • May 2013

The longer you live, the more you'll realize that nobody gives a shit about you expect you yourself.[/QUOTE]

So true. Definitely the older I get the more I realize this. Only people that may look out for you is family or friends that truly care for you. Wish I was family or friends with the CEO or head scientist at Cosmo.

Comment

• Hair Bear
            • Feb 2012

The truth is the quicker you act the better and there is no better time like today to act, do not hesitate and continue to lose ground as I have by wasting time and money on fantasy products that are all hype and no substance, they are all rubbish, at the end of the day all we have is minox and fin you either do one or both but don't kid yourself with other products, if they worked we would all know about it by now.
            I was upset about my hair loss a few years ago now I am beyond that and am frustrated at my ignorance for not acting correctly sooner.
            I could have at the very least known that I did all that I could have at the time and also had a chance to maintain some of my hair or even managed to regrow some.

Comment

• walrus
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
              We should just crowdfund ourselves. Pick up some biology textbooks, learn about cell culturing, find the solution ourselves, open a clinic in India and give a gigantic middle finger F*** YOU to everyone else who's taken forever to do anything about it.
              While this attitude is better than complaining about the situation and doing nothing about it, you grossly underestimate the complexity of the problem.

Comment

• simba
                • Jul 2013

Well, even though its still "5 years away" at least this time that date is getting more and more solid with loads of progress being maid.

Comment

• nameless
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by simba
                  Well, even though its still "5 years away" at least this time that date is getting more and more solid with loads of progress being maid.
                  I don't understand why you're saying the treatment is 5 years away or 10 years away or however many years away.

For all we know the scientists have achieved sufficient inductivity to regrow hair.

Dr. Aaron Gardner posted that they may not need to achieve total (100%) inductivity in culture because some inductivity may be the result of interaction between the environment (skin) and the follicle. If that is the case they may just need enough inductivity preserved in cell culture to spark the interaction between the environment (skin) and the follicle. The scientists may already have achieved sufficient culture inductivity to get the skin and follicles to interact. Now they may only need to add the environmental (skin) ingredients necessary to create the remaining inductivity.

Dr. Jahoda said last October at ISHRS 2013 that he achieved 22% inductivity and now (I think) Dr. Gardner posted here that scientists have achieved 40% so I think that means that scientists have doubled their inductivity preservation. 40% may be sufficient cell inductivity when you also add in the environmental factors. We need to find out how they are getting 40% inductivity when last year they could only get 22% inductivity???? How have they improved on their inductivity preservation???

Dr. Gardner also posted that "The Lendl Group" is doing the some of the most "ambitious" efforts in this regard. So who is the Lendl group? What is the Lendl Group doing? How are they doing it?

Comment

• CAlex
                    • Feb 2011

@Nameless

Trials my friend. once a treatment cure is developed it must be proven safe so 10 years may sound like a long time away but thats being very optimistic that one/some of these teams are very close to cracking this riddle.

5-10 years is a optimistic, bordering on realistic, timeline. I dont see a very effective game changing treatment or cure is 30 years out or anything that long, BUT it definitely might end up being more than 10 years.

Not even sure why this thread was started. Opening more threads wont magically create a cure or new development.

Comment

• burtandernie
                      • Nov 2012

Yeah maybe future treatments forum can be renamed to speculation/snake oil forum for the next 3 or 4 years until something legit comes out. Think how many more snake oils will show up between then and now. I hope CB shows up in less then four years.

Comment

• nameless
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by CAlex
                        @Nameless

Trials my friend. once a treatment cure is developed it must be proven safe so 10 years may sound like a long time away but thats being very optimistic that one/some of these teams are very close to cracking this riddle.

5-10 years is a optimistic, bordering on realistic, timeline. I dont see a very effective game changing treatment or cure is 30 years out or anything that long, BUT it definitely might end up being more than 10 years.

Not even sure why this thread was started. Opening more threads wont magically create a cure or new development.
                        CAlex if the technology already exists to cure the darn thing I do not think it would take that long to get it to market since Japan has just changed it's laws allowing the possibility of bringing cellular treatment to market after 1 safety study. Also there are countries where legislation would already allows this type of cell treatments in the marketplace NOW but the thing is that we have to have a viable cell cure first.

Comment

• AntiBag Dave
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by nameless
                          Dr. Gardner also posted that "The Lendl Group" is doing the some of the most "ambitious" efforts in this regard. So who is the Lendl group? What is the Lendl Group doing? How are they doing it?
                          I think he might have been referring to the Rendl group: http://research.mssm.edu/rendl/

Comment

• Thinning87
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by AntiBag Dave
                            I think he might have been referring to the Rendl group: http://research.mssm.edu/rendl/
                            wow, lots of papers over there at Mount Sinai... Desmond and Arashi should take a look

Comment

• thechamp
                              • Jan 2011

Pilox is the answer

Comment

• hellouser
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by thechamp
                                Pilox is the answer
                                No its not, lol. That only inhibits DHT. Assuming it even works.

Comment

Working...