+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default A few years down the line

Been using Finpecia and Minoxodil but had to stop the lotion a few months back due to it not suiting me anymore.

Instead of using Minoxodil is there anything else I can try? Any Vitamins? Anyone tried Foligain by Biovea?

How about this one? FOLIGAIN.D5 MINOXIDIL 5% HAIR REGROWTH COMPLEX & DHT BLOCKER

Anyone?

You say minoxodil wont suit you anymore but that folligen liquid has minoxodil.
    Why doesnt minox suit you anymore? Follligen is just a anti inflammatory. So your just putting that with minoxodil.

Quote Originally Posted by goldnt View Post
    You say minoxodil wont suit you anymore but that folligen liquid has minoxodil.
    Why doesnt minox suit you anymore? Follligen is just a anti inflammatory. So your just putting that with minoxodil.

Its kind of weird and to be honest I don't even know if it was Minox or just a stressful period but I swapped over from the lotion to the Foam 5-6 months back. I found that I had to put on more foam as it just wasn't getting through the hair to the scalp as easily. After a few months on the foam I started to get a few dizzy spells here and there. Not many maybe only a few but scary nevertheless. Like I said at the same time I was under huge stress so could have been that too. Anyway left it and have been feeling better but then the stress has passed too.

Too scared to use Minox again. But then the lotion I have used for 7-8 years without any issues so should be ok again right?

Just out of interest does Finpecia and Minox keep on working the older you get? I started it when I was in 30's and now I am 38. I left Minox a few months back but can tell from looking that the thickness has gone.

Yeah man you should be fine going back to the lotion, after all, you said you've been using it for years with no problem.

And yeah they both should continue on working as you get older however I don't think youd get the best results if you keep detaching from them. Otherwise your going to have moments where you've lost years worth of progress in months

As for replacing fin you could look into spiro, ru and cb. Don't think cb has a good vehicle yet so your going to have to choose between the other two if you want to block dht. By the way those are topicals so you most likely won't carry the side effects of fin(different for everyone) I don't get sides. And as for minox there's no way around that.

As for replacing fin you could look into spiro, ru and cb. Don't think cb has a good vehicle yet so your going to have to choose between the other two if you want to block dht. By the way those are topicals so you most likely won't carry the side effects of fin(different for everyone) I don't get sides. And as for minox there's no way around that.
    I get no side effects with Finpecia. Haven't had any since I started 8 years back. Just wondering now that I am getting older and into my late 30's will that still be the same.

What's everyone long term plans on Fin? Do they expect to stay on it for the long term?

You are probably right about the Minox. Will try the lotion again as that I only use 1ml. With the foam its hard to tell how much you use.

You don't get any sides on what? Minox?

I dont get sides on ru my substitute to fin. And yea people on fin think about it as a daily thing till there's something better or to the point where they don't care about hair loss anymore.

I dont get sides on ru my substitute to fin. And yea people on fin think about it as a daily thing till there's something better or to the point where they don't care about hair loss anymore.
    What is ru? Could I switch over if I wanted to? Or does Fin work better?