Finasteride Oral x Finasteride Topical - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5

    Lightbulb Finasteride Oral x Finasteride Topical

    Hello, all!

    I was wondering what advantages does finasteride in topical presentation have compared to finasteride oral, and vice-versa. Are both proven to cause the same kinds of side effects? What are they? Are the probabilities that these side effects might happen the same for both products?

    I've been looking for this information but I have not seen a place that has organized this yet... Also, if you could point me to some reliable sources, I'd appreciate it as well!

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theGirlfriend View Post
    Hello, all!

    I was wondering what advantages does finasteride in topical presentation have compared to finasteride oral, and vice-versa. Are both proven to cause the same kinds of side effects? What are they? Are the probabilities that these side effects might happen the same for both products?

    I've been looking for this information but I have not seen a place that has organized this yet... Also, if you could point me to some reliable sources, I'd appreciate it as well!

    Thanks!


    I used oral fin for 3 years and 4 months: never stop my hairloss, endure hard site effects of depression and not stop my bald progression ( nw6 diffuse), i decided start topical fin at 0,5%, 0,25% and stop my hairloss and give me hairgrow. Topical finasteride inhibits more dht in the scalp that oral use. The issue we are discussing here is a real need to inhibit serum dht for MPB. The staff in Brazil have also reported great results with only topical dutasteride. Including Dr peruzzo reported that their patients achieved better results using topical than dutasteride orally, and with far fewer side effects.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    I'm using both I use 1mg fin every other day and Dr kleins products daily.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MPBWarrior View Post
    I used oral fin for 3 years and 4 months: never stop my hairloss, endure hard site effects of depression and not stop my bald progression ( nw6 diffuse), i decided start topical fin at 0,5%, 0,25% and stop my hairloss and give me hairgrow. Topical finasteride inhibits more dht in the scalp that oral use. The issue we are discussing here is a real need to inhibit serum dht for MPB. The staff in Brazil have also reported great results with only topical dutasteride. Including Dr peruzzo reported that their patients achieved better results using topical than dutasteride orally, and with far fewer side effects.
    what is the commercial brand of the topical fin you are using? where can I get it? as far as I know is not available yet but will be happy to give it a try

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by efedrez View Post
    what is the commercial brand of the topical fin you are using? where can I get it? as far as I know is not available yet but will be happy to give it a try
    The most cost-efficient way - you can just crush propecia pills and mix them into liquid minox

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    17

    Default

    The most cost-efficient way - you can just crush Propecia pills and mix them into liquid minox
    Could you get a little more specific with something like that? Do they dissolve in liquid minoxidil? What's the proper dilution?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Any update on the efficiency of topical finasteride?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdlondon View Post
    Any update on the efficiency of topical finasteride?
    I am using 0.1% working for me.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Hey there!
    I was suffering from hairloss from past 3 years I tried every natural remedy but not a single thing worked for me.
    At the end I tried Finasteride (propecia) easily available in India🇮🇳.
    Today is Day 187 of treatment and my hair are now much more denser than ever before.
    I have made a blog where I shared my journey of 187 days from Day 1 to till now with photos of everyweek.
    It was a great journey for me I have seen a lot of things in these days. Here is the blog

    minoxidilplusfinastridedaily.blogspot.com
    It will surely gonna help you in these tough times
    Thank You!

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aliul0113 View Post
    Hey there!
    I was suffering from hairloss from past 3 years I tried every natural remedy but not a single thing worked for me.
    At the end I tried Finasteride (propecia) easily available in India🇮🇳.
    Today is Day 187 of treatment and my hair are now much more denser than ever before.
    I have made a blog where I shared my journey of 187 days from Day 1 to till now with photos of everyweek.
    It was a great journey for me I have seen a lot of things in these days. Here is the blog

    minoxidilplusfinastridedaily.blogspot.com
    It will surely gonna help you in these tough times
    Thank You!
    Awesome, glad.

Similar Threads

  1. anybody used topical finasteride 0.1
    By thechamp in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-08-2020, 09:21 AM
  2. Topical Finasteride
    By JulioGP in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-23-2020, 05:37 AM
  3. Dutasteride + NR-10 + Finasteride (All topical)
    By JulioGP in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 09-22-2015, 07:18 AM
  4. Topical Finasteride
    By norc in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 03:35 AM
  5. Topical Finasteride/RU
    By Rebma in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2013, 05:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Looking for honest reviews
Today 03:58 PM
by BADAMO
Last Post By BADAMO
Today 03:58 PM
Follica, Inc. - Itís Not Personal, It's Business
06-07-2010 04:10 PM
Last Post By Hukol
Today 08:25 AM
Best hairloss shampoo
11-26-2014 01:39 PM
Last Post By karthik6262
Today 04:33 AM
Best shampoo and conditioner for MPB?
01-10-2016 10:12 AM
by Dispare
Last Post By karthik6262
Today 04:30 AM
How to do your term paper?
10-19-2020 12:47 AM
Last Post By selianora
Today 02:11 AM