+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is it safe to use RU?

I watched several people using the RU, I wonder if anyone has researched the safety in using it.

Ru is a experimental hair loss product that does carry the risk of side effects similar to any other anti androgen,

I have been thinking about RU safety and and the lack of human tests is what most concerns, especially regarding the possibility of cancer. I know some friends here have used it without side effects. But who ensures that this substance will not cause serious damage in the long term?

We simply don't know and we will never know. In my opinion it is a russian roulette. Or, if you prefer, a RU Roulette.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul73 View Post
    But who ensures that this substance will not cause serious damage in the long term?

We simply don't know and we will never know.
    This. Without trials, the risks are unknown. Anyone who tells you otherwise are deluding themselves and others.

I got sides on 0.25mg on Fin ED within a couple of weeks which went away a couple of days after stopping. Ive been on RU for 6 months with no sides at all.

Long term I have no idea, but RU isnt an anti-androgen, it doesnt destroy DHT, it just stops it from binding to the follicle.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    This. Without trials, the risks are unknown. Anyone who tells you otherwise are deluding themselves and others.
    It is indeed. But it is what you define "safe" yourself. Many risks of finasteride are unknown too and there are literally people who have permanent ED , depression from it. So is finasteride safe? Nope, well depends on what you call safe lol.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Actually RU58841 did make it into clinical trials, Phase II in fact so safety was covered.

I wouldn't give a shit if only sides it caused were temporary anti androgen sides ( eg loss of libido, ed etc..)

I have been getting some chest discomfort (have only used it for few days, however have used it for about 5 months in the past and then dropped it) only 15mg dosage on hairline. So I like Dht (I get strong erections, more energetic etc.. ) so don't like using Fin, RU was good alternative but Wtf is this chest discomfort..

I'd happily use RU if all sides were temporary but who knows and from what I recall there were 2 human trials on RU

I know for 90% why RU did not make it to really hit the market. A big thing of it all was the short patent life when they finished those clinical 2 phase trials. Also they called the market "value" modest. It doesn't outperform finasteride really hard, probably on par with DUT. The patent life was only valid till 2012.

Many of you guys seem to forget that after all it is a commercial solution. Which means it needs to be feasible and have a good ROI. If not, it won't hit the market. Simple as that, same with hair regeneration/culture .

But still it is a experimental, it works like a god for me. I have done upwards to 250mg. If you don't like the idea of a experimental don't go with it, simple as that.It does carry a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Actually RU58841 did make it into clinical trials, Phase II in fact so safety was covered.

hellouser, i saw you have a great thread about RU usage. Impressive job!

But regarding the safety subject, do you really think that Phase II is enough to judge the safety of a substance?

Specially about cancer risk, those trials simply don't tell us how safe RU is. And that's the point: unless another company restart the project, all we have are forum reports. Some guys say "ï have been using it for 5 years and i do not have cancer". This is ridiculous because we know that tumors take time to develop.

I was planning to try RU but this point scares me. People are afraid about fin sides but don't worry about long term risks of a drug that is not approved. I don't get it.