+ Reply to Thread

Default excess sebum on top of scalp

hello all,
    in my previous post i talked about how the hair on the top of my scalp simply will not grow compared to the back and sides...like they are just not getting any nourishment to them. As spencer pointed out, this is probably because of this part of the scalp is more sensitive to DHT, but i found this on the balding blog and it is very interesting. Does anyone have any better ideas than the rassman?? I use nizorol 1% twice a week...maybe need to start using it 3 times? It is very weird that the hairs that fall out on top of my scalp, the follicle is covered in this white stuff...like it has been clogged.

"My scalp produces too much sebum and there is a wax like build up around the hair follicles. As a result I am losing hair. My hair roots are not nourished properly and then fall out very easily. Surprisingly there is no sebum or wax build up on the sides and rear of the head and the hair is perfectly healthy in that area. Its the vertex part that is effected. Nothing seems to help. I am writing with a lot of hope…please suggest me something. I have started taking zinc sulphate and B6 and sebum production have reduced a bit. Thank you."

Rassman response- "Sebum does not cause hair loss, contrary to what many people say, but the things we do to keep it down, does often cause hair loss. Shampoo regularly, possibly twice a day to keep the sebum down. Have your scalp mapped out to determine if your have miniaturization and genetic hair loss. Let’s be smart about how this is approached. Get a good doctor and get a diagnosis in your hand so that you know what has to be done"

original source
    http://www.baldingblog.com/2005/12/0...-top-of-scalp/

regards. UK craig

Default Sebum

Although I do not have a solution for you sleepflower, I totally hear you!! My scalp does the same thing on top. The hairs that fall look weak and are almost always surrounded w/ sebum directly at or near hair bulb!! Take care bud.

Default Excess sebum, clogged follicles

Hi,
    I would recomend everyone to get an USB microscope 200x, and a comedone remover, you'd be surpised the things you can see with the microscope, to the naked eye the clogged follicles are impossible to see!
    You can remove the sebum clogs (very carefully) with the comedone remover(£4 on ebay). Azelaic acid helps, and I started using "AMINEXIL" ampules for the last two weeks, that seems to be helping alot.
    I will post more pics soon.
    Regards
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by sleep_flower05 View Post
    hello all,
    in my previous post i talked about how the hair on the top of my scalp simply will not grow compared to the back and sides...like they are just not getting any nourishment to them. As spencer pointed out, this is probably because of this part of the scalp is more sensitive to DHT, but i found this on the balding blog and it is very interesting. Does anyone have any better ideas than the rassman?? I use nizorol 1% twice a week...maybe need to start using it 3 times? It is very weird that the hairs that fall out on top of my scalp, the follicle is covered in this white stuff...like it has been clogged.

"My scalp produces too much sebum and there is a wax like build up around the hair follicles. As a result I am losing hair. My hair roots are not nourished properly and then fall out very easily. Surprisingly there is no sebum or wax build up on the sides and rear of the head and the hair is perfectly healthy in that area. Its the vertex part that is effected. Nothing seems to help. I am writing with a lot of hope…please suggest me something. I have started taking zinc sulphate and B6 and sebum production have reduced a bit. Thank you."

Rassman response- "Sebum does not cause hair loss, contrary to what many people say, but the things we do to keep it down, does often cause hair loss. Shampoo regularly, possibly twice a day to keep the sebum down. Have your scalp mapped out to determine if your have miniaturization and genetic hair loss. Let’s be smart about how this is approached. Get a good doctor and get a diagnosis in your hand so that you know what has to be done"

original source
    http://www.baldingblog.com/2005/12/0...-top-of-scalp/

regards. UK craig
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1005191102065174287.jpg

Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	4867