+ Reply to Thread

Default The big 3 all at once??

Good day everyone.

I am considering going on medication to stop my hair loss getting more progressive, I am 23 and currently a NW3, too young and don't have enough money for a HT currently so meds seem to be the best option right now. In most forums people talk about the big 3 meds, fin, min and niz. So my question I put to you gentlemen is, is it more sustainable and effective to be on all 3 at once, or a variance of 2 e.g minoxidil and finasteride or is really down to the person and how they feel their hair loss is progressing. I look forward to your replies.

John

Default best course of action

I am sure you will get many variations on this but here are my 2 cents after all my research. Your age is too young for most reputable surgeons to operate on you, so even if you had the money, that wouldn't be a wise option. Start with the less aggressive approach, and build up. Start with a topical, give it enough time to work, and then consider meds. Research and feel comfortable with how long you might be on meds. I would do this until you are at least in your 30s at which point you can revisit the HT option.

Thanks dude, yeah I meant to say as well I'm not considering a ht right now due to my age, one of the senior members on the forum stated that at the very least by the time your 29/30 years old. Think I will try rogaine for a while and see if I have some success with that first, I'm not panicking quite yet but in a way if am "planning ahead" if you like because so far I have only noticed it over a long period of time, I don't know how progressive it will be, would it be worth while going for a consultation first or even speaking to a dermatologist?

Default course of action

I would personally go see a reputable ht doctor like those listed on AHLA and have a consult. Even though you are not getting a ht if you pay for a consult, you can have them look at your hair, ask questions, make some educated guess and give you pros and cons etc of what is out there.

Default I am suggest to you minoxidil

I tried many products mostly didnt work for my hair loss but minoxidil little better than other

Try using mild products which suits your hair and even meditation also give an good results.

Quote Originally Posted by 91jmcginnes View Post
    Good day everyone.

I am considering going on medication to stop my hair loss getting more progressive, I am 23 and currently a NW3, too young and don't have enough money for a HT currently so meds seem to be the best option right now. In most forums people talk about the big 3 meds, fin, min and niz. So my question I put to you gentlemen is, is it more sustainable and effective to be on all 3 at once, or a variance of 2 e.g minoxidil and finasteride or is really down to the person and how they feel their hair loss is progressing. I look forward to your replies.

John
    To get the best result you should use them all at once since they all work in different manners. Nizoral is a shampoo that contains the active ingredient Ketocenozole which acts as an anti inflammatory, where sometimes people get inflammation in their scalps which causes hair loss. finasteride reduces DHT levels in your body which is the hormone that binds to hair follicles and causes hair to miniaturize and fall out. Minoxidil'is mechanism isn't fully known, but it's believed to be a vasodilator, thus allowing more blood flow to the follicles and helping with hair growth.

There are many people who have had some incredible results while using these treatments together, and they are currently the only treatments available for hairloss.

Best of luck

Thanks for the advice people, much appreciated.

take fin and minox together.

You will want fin+keto at the VERY LEAST. I would use dut instead of fin if there is any way. For aggressive loss @ your age it will be hard to maintain.

Yes use minox if you can stick to it & tolerate it. Unfortunately minox sucks in that it is the least convenient hair loss treatment there is....to dry 100% it takes 3-4 hours I think. Otherwise you can spread it to your hats or pillow at night, & if it gets on your skin elsewhere it can cause some unpleasant sides

I tried minox for a short time & quit from bad skin irritation. In hindsight I was using it too close to bedtime. Sometimes I consider restarting but ugh

Edit....short answer: in most cases using more treatments together is more effective, period