+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Discussion of Dr. Gardner's responses

Please post any responses or side discussions to the Q&A with Dr. Gardner under this post and not the other one. that way he doesn't have to scroll through pages of junk to find the questions. that post should just have the questions and answers. keep it organized, any answers from real scientists are valuable, and i'm sure he'll be fed up by the thread in a matter of days with all the silly tangents that are on there.

Agreed. It's rare that a researcher in the field takes the time to respond to questions we have, let alone a researcher of the most advanced research team in the world coming to this board !! I'm sure we've gotten more answers to important questions in the last few days already than in the last few years of this forum alone, all thanks to Dr Aaron Gardner !

So:

* Please keep everything on topic. No side chatter in that thread please, you can do that here if you feel the need.
    * Please take the time to read through the whole thread to make sure your question hasnt been asked already.
    * Please keep it scientific and related to dr Gardner's field (generation of hair follicles). Questions like "what shampoo should I use" or "what do you think of treatment X" dont fall into that category

Hopefully this will motivate dr Gardner to keep answering our questions !

arashi how is this going to help us... correct me if i am wrong but it seems that the are trying to fix the problem on the most hardest way...what that means for us...sou many clever people and teams working on the end of the problem yet nobody knows how to explain aga correctly...something seems wrong here...i would prefer that all teams work on explaining aga and am sure they will faster have results then this way...this way is for burning scalp conditions good because thats the only way...

Quote Originally Posted by amberjack View Post
    arashi how is this going to help us... correct me if i am wrong but it seems that the are trying to fix the problem on the most hardest way...what that means for us...sou many clever people and teams working on the end of the problem yet nobody knows how to explain aga correctly...something seems wrong here...i would prefer that all teams work on explaining aga and am sure they will faster have results then this way...this way is for burning scalp conditions good because thats the only way...
    There are different venue's that can lead to solutions for us: a complete understanding of AGA might translate to a cure that would totally halt hairloss. That's indeed not the focus of Dr Gardner/Jahoda, they're into regenerating complete new follicles. And while these follicles might (or might not) die again, hopefully they will at least live long enough so you won't have to make a visit to the clinic a yearly event

I think it's important to have different researchers focus on different approaches, just like we're seeing now, it will increase our chances of having something (WAY) better than fin/minox in the next decade.

Nobody knows why AGA happens exactly. It is likely related to a ton of genes, and truly curing any genetic predisposition is a much more complicated and mysterious feat than coming up with a viable treatment. The problem with something like baldness is that it is tied to development and biological cycles and gene expression over a lifetime, and it's hard to tell the body to just stop doing something. curing baldness is akin to curing aging or curing someone from ever getting wrinkles. our cells are programmed to change over time.

That being said, there are also scientists trying to figure out the real causes of baldness. that is what people like cotsarellis and christiano are doing. Hopefully all these avenues of research will converge, and eventually provide more insight and much better treatments. I would not hold your breath for baldness to be really cured in a pure sense in your life. It will probably take something like genetic modification, and i think eventually the preventative treatments will be given to younger people and thus avoid ever beginning the process. However, what drs like Gardner are working on is providing a feasible and much better way to get treated. im sure it will cost money and require follow ups, so work hard!

I am actually hopeful that if they figure out how to induce healthy new follicles, that these follicles will improve the scalp in general and essentially balance out the underlying causes of the condition. i think that between having a better anti androgen, a treatment like replicel that improves the environment with growth factors or stem cells, and new follicles, we shuld be pretty much good to go. it might or might not all come too late for me as i am 32 already, but at least younger guys will benefit.

i understand what you want to say, but i dont understand why are they trying to fix the problem like this...why are they making new follicles and not understanding the root of the problem...

if i was reasercher i would want to know the problem and fix it..who will benefit from whole new follicles ( if hey ever make them)...only burning scalp conditions because all alopecias have another hidden problem sou i doubt that they will fix it this way...

i understand what you want to say, but i dont understand why are they trying to fix the problem like this...why are they making new follicles and not understanding the root of the problem...

if i was reasercher i would want to know the problem and fix it..who will benefit from whole new follicles ( if hey ever make them)...only burning scalp conditions because all alopecias have another hidden problem sou i doubt that they will fix it this way...
    I think you misunderstand the potential benefit: if they can clone hairfollicles exactly like the ones on the back of your head, then you just have access to an infinite amount of new hair ! And as long as they're genetical identical to the follicles in your donor zone, they most probably will live a good while too !

I think it's important to have different researchers focus on different approaches, just like we're seeing now, it will increase our chances of having something (WAY) better than fin/minox in the next decade.

and sorry arashi... this will be really my last post here ( maybe ever) but i dont share with you your happinnes...well done for dr. gardner for coming here and answering some questions but i think arashi that you cant do a shit with all this information...dp cells, epi cells, melano cells 100 cells and what, tell me how is this helping us... you say that there are different researchers focusing on different approaches but i will say that these are all same approaches ( very similar)..

also you say that jahoda team is making "lab follicle" and that its not their research to understand aga... is that little funny..??? why are they making follicle just to watch them how they grow...

i cant bealive that sou many years and time clever people spent on fixing the problem yet nobody understands the first question..

like you give mehanic to fix the engine while not knowing what caused the damage...possible but not correct...

the are not even on the half way (lab grown full follicle) and they have 100 problems yet to solve and test...

and what, it will be like total of 30 years reaserch for making new folliecles and go for transplantation..imagine 30 years of people working on the first question and answering cause of aga..we wold sooner have the answers and solutions...!!!

sorry

i dont want that kind of benefit...i didnt missundersund anything..i know how much you know but i am not speaking in science fashion...lot of people here dont understand what are you speaking aout.. am reading every day for 2 years about this shit.. i dont want to clone anything..i dont want transplant and such a circuis...

i just cant bealive that sou much clever people in the earth yet nobody cant explain and understand aga and just to stop... yet they are now going to clone follicles...i dont want to clone anything man...

also you say that jahoda team is making "lab follicle" and that its not their research to understand aga... is that little funny..??? why are they making follicle just to watch them how they grow...
    I think that there is a Status Quo about AGA... As it may be an infectious disease (virus or bacteria) or an immuno deficiency. One thing for sure, some people know the real cause of AGA for decades and they don't tell anybody.