+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by amberjack View Post
    I think it's important to have different researchers focus on different approaches, just like we're seeing now, it will increase our chances of having something (WAY) better than fin/minox in the next decade.

and sorry arashi... this will be really my last post here ( maybe ever) but i dont share with you your happinnes...well done for dr. gardner for coming here and answering some questions but i think arashi that you cant do a shit with all this information...dp cells, epi cells, melano cells 100 cells and what, tell me how is this helping us... you say that there are different researchers focusing on different approaches but i will say that these are all same approaches ( very similar)..

also you say that jahoda team is making "lab follicle" and that its not their research to understand aga... is that little funny..??? why are they making follicle just to watch them how they grow...

i cant bealive that sou many years and time clever people spent on fixing the problem yet nobody understands the first question..

like you give mehanic to fix the engine while not knowing what caused the damage...possible but not correct...

the are not even on the half way (lab grown full follicle) and they have 100 problems yet to solve and test...

and what, it will be like total of 30 years reaserch for making new folliecles and go for transplantation..imagine 30 years of people working on the first question and answering cause of aga..we wold sooner have the answers and solutions...!!!

sorry
    I understand you're depressed by your hairloss. Welcome to the club, we all are. But I think you are overly focussed on 'understanding AGA'. Really, who cares about AGA if you can get an unlimited amount of new follicles that are pretty much AGA resistant (exactly like the follicles in your donor zone) ?

And I also understand not everybody is interested in the science, some (maybe even most) just want a cure and move on. But if that's the case, then maybe it's best to just stop reading this 'cutting edge' section of the forum and move on with your life. Really, the moment a pre-clinical cure is found, it will be ALL over the news anyway.

Others would like to understand where we exactly are and what's still standing between us and a cure. And Dr Aaron Gardner has been doing a really great job explaining that ! It's so good to finally read some interesting stuff here on this board after years of non-info, scam artists and forum members fighting each other (pretty much a summary of the last few years here )

Quote Originally Posted by Artha View Post
    I think that there is a Status Quo about AGA... As it may be an infectious disease (virus or bacteria) or an immuno deficiency. One thing for sure, some people know the real cause of AGA for decades and they don't tell anybody.
    You are joking right? This is the kind of tin foil hat view that will scare any serious researcher away from this forum. Read wikipedia or some of the primary literature if you want to understand the causes of MPB. Don't pretend that the cause is unknown just because it is not presented to you.

Really, who cares about AGA if you can get an unlimited amount of new follicles that are pretty much AGA resistant (exactly like the follicles in your donor zone

i care because i bealive that there is another way...i dont think that our interest is to wait 10 years more just to clone and puncture ( rape ) our scalp with 30000 follicles...thats like you say who cares if we have to clone ourselfs, heads or just scalp with follicles when you will have full head of hair...

and yes i am deppresed about aga like you and others but i am angry about this way fixing the problem...

also my friend who thinks that everything is explained in literature about aga please be nice and explain us why aga starts...

explain me why my aga started 27.05. 2003 when i was only 15 and half..
    i was coloring my hair from summer 2002 and about 19.02. 2003 3 months before aga started i wanted to remove black hair color with hydrogen... i did procedure with hydrogen 2 times in 1 hour because first time was not good...i remember my mother teelling me oh my good you will lose your hair before 20 if ou keep doing this with hydrogen..

about that time i started to smoke cigarretes and until today i smoke about 1 pack a day..

my family is very big..if you count cousins we are like 70 people and nobody has aga...only 1 fathers cousin has aga and is like nw 6 but he has 2 sons twins who are 30 old ow and no aga..

am now like diffuse nw 4
    i eat like in restaurant traditional freshly cooked meals...
    i did blood and thyroid tests ad everything is ok...
    i had meningitis 2 times when i was 10 and 16 after aga sou i doubth any correlation..

sou smart guy please explain me y literature...

arashi i am just telling that this is what we need...(answers-solutions-move on with life)

sorry for hijacking tread..this is really my last post...i cannt do anything from my room, you needer sou me you where right we have to move on and will hear aot something ether when it comes...sorry again and thanks for understanding my anger...

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    you are joking right? This is the kind of tin foil hat view that will scare any serious researcher away from this forum. Read wikipedia or some of the primary literature if you want to understand the causes of mpb. Don't pretend that the cause is unknown just because it is not presented to you.
    dont touch my head im a nw6!

Wikipedia has quite a good summary of what's currently known about AGA:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androgenic_alopecia

You say you smoke, as you can find on that page there's a (slight) relationship found between hairloss and smoking. I think living a healthy life in general might be somewhat beneficial but really, it's mostly just about genetics man ... Even if you're in a family where AGA is not common, like yours, it's still possible to have those genes that make you vulnerable. In short, there's really not that much you can do unfortunately.

Current available treatments known to work are Finasteride and Minoxidil. Both with a nasty set of possible side effects but it might be worth trying, everybody has to make that decision for themselves. Other than that one can only hope ... Hope that people like dr Aaron Gardner have a breakthrough to report in the next few years. And while it most probably would take at least another 5-8 years before we can reap the fruits of such breakthrough, it would be damn nice to know it's coming !!

BTW, if you care about the way you look (and you do, otherwise you wouldnt be here), then quite smoking anyway man ! Really, it's the worst thing you can do to your skin (together with having it sunburned). You're 25 now, in 5 years you will start to see the damage of smoking in your face, believe me, heavy smokers at age 30 will see their facial skin deteriorate quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Hope that people like dr Aaron Gardner have a breakthrough to report in the next few years. And while it most probably would take at least another 5-8 years before we can reap the fruits of such breakthrough, it would be damn nice to know it's coming !!
    10+ years is way too long. My life has gone to shit years ago, I can't imagine what another 10+ years will do to me and others. It really hasn't been a life worth living for me lately, being robbed of my identity and social acceptance.

That 10 year number absolutely MUST be reduced.... somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    10+ years is way too long. My life has gone to shit years ago, I can't imagine what another 10+ years will do to me and others. It really hasn't been a life worth living for me lately, being robbed of my identity and social acceptance.

That is something I can agree on even 10 years is in my opinion just too long

Like most hair loss sufferers my life went from heaven to a hell.

Ow hellouser I feel for you because from what I heard about toronto is ehhm yeah, they say it is full of wannabes, idiots and mean people....but that is just what I heard so I don't say it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post

You need to go to a shrink bro. Urgently. That social acceptance bs you spout is not only unhealthy and untrue, but bad for other people to read and internalize. I have many cue ball bald friends who are accepted just fine, and still have very strong identities. The only "society" that barely is down on baldness are the tabloids and Hollywood. That's what you base your life on? Sad. I know more balding and bald furs than hairy ones, and no one has ever had a problem with acceptance. Even the ones who went bald in college. If you act inferior, people will treat you that way. If it wasn't your hair it would be something else, you have issues that go beyond hairloss and need to recognize that. Losing hair blows but strong people don't let it rob their confidence or happiness. My dad is a doctor and he sees worse stuff happen to people on the daily and they move on and deal with it. Life doesn't owe you hair or happiness or scientific progress so stop whining like it does. A good treatment for baldness might never come. I am balding and go to work and enjoy the day and still get girls and aspire to greater things than being gorgeous. Everyone ages and gets ugly, by the time you get your hair back you'll be middle aged and ugly anyway, so who cares, go out and learn other things and for gods sake go see a psychiatrist cause man...

Quote Originally Posted by 2young2bald View Post
    That is something I can agree on even 10 years is in my opinion just too long

Like most hair loss sufferers my life went from heaven to a hell.

Ow hellouser I feel for you because from what I heard about toronto is ehhm yeah, they say it is full of wannabes, idiots and mean people....but that is just what I heard so I don't say it is true.
    Something has to change for that 10 year time frame... that's just horrendous. Japan already had some reform... which county is next?

Truthfully, the only way I see ourselves getting around that 10 year wait (unacceptable) is if we do things ourselves;

Fund a team of docs to open up a clinic in a jurisdiction that is NOT bound by paralyzing regulations.