+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Point me to some medical documentation. I would love to read it. I am 37 and have been in shape my entire adult life. Didn't stop my hair loss at all.
    Baldness is a strange phenomenon. There are no universal truths. Some people are just going to lose their hair. As for your case, have you always gotten 8hrs of sleep every night? Avoided emotional stress? Avoided alcohol, cigarettes, stressful foods? Anything that stresses the body will reduce the body's ability to clear toxins and circulate hormones.

Also, check out telogen effluvium: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...s/faq-20057820 Combine that with a propensity for androgenic alopecia and you're talking accelerated hair loss.

But at the end of the day, that point is moot. Being healthy and fit is its own reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Age30 NW3 View Post
    As for your case, have you always gotten 8hrs of sleep every night? Avoided emotional stress? Avoided alcohol, cigarettes, stressful foods? Anything that stresses the body will reduce the body's ability to clear toxins and circulate hormones.

But at the end of the day, that point is moot. Being healthy and fit is its own reward.
    I don't drink or smoke, but I have always been a high stress kind of guy, always. I sure as hell don't always get 8 hrs of sleep either. My diet is good, but could be better. I am sure that all plays a role in all of this, but I think genetics is the main factor.

But of course. Basically you either have propensity for baldness or you dont. The "immune" guys can do whatever they want, and instead of going bald they'll go grey. Us "susceptible" guys can accelerate or decelerate the process with lifestyle...but even then, some people are genetically wired to just lose it fast.

Doctor Representative

Quote Originally Posted by Age30 NW3 View Post
    But of course. Basically you either have propensity for baldness or you dont. The "immune" guys can do whatever they want, and instead of going bald they'll go grey. Us "susceptible" guys can accelerate or decelerate the process with lifestyle...but even then, some people are genetically wired to just lose it fast.
    This is a more accurate statement than your previous post-- thanks for the clarification.. I agree.. stress caused me to lose alot of hair very fast a few years back.
    AfterHair is a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi

AfterHair's regimen includes:
    HT #1 2710 grafts by Dr Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA in 2012
    Rogaine foam 2xdaily, since 2012
    Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012