+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What to do next

I'm not a doctor, my advice is purely based on my own knowledge.

I would book a consultation with a dermatologist. Ask for a prescription for finansteride. Finansteride is prescribed under the name of PropeciaŠ and contains 1mg of the actiev ingredient finansteride. It's quite expensive so you could ask for a generic brand like Proscar where you cut the pills in quarters.

Furthermore I would start minoxidil 5% I am not sure where you're from, but its named Rogaine in USA and Regaine in Europe. It helps with regrowing the hair you've lost. It's a non prescription drug, but minoxidil stops working once you stop using it, and you'll what you've gained.

Lastly buy some nizoral 2% ketoconazol shampo. It helps with hair loss as well. It requires a prescription too. Use it 2 times a week, or more if you can handle it.

If you want to pull the big guns you can get a stronger drug than finansteride which is caleld dutasteride and is sold under the name of AvodartŠ. It does the same as finansteride but is stronger.

As a part of the strong gun regiment there is an anti androgenic substance named RU58841 which is applied topically. It's an experimental drug and I know some members of Hairlosshelp, ************ and here has had success with it. I personally haven't tried it.

There is some serious side effects from both finansteride and dutasteride. You better discuss your option with an authorized doctor and make sure you get to know these drugs and their side effects before starting treatment. But key to "cure" baldness it early intervention. It's much more easy to stand ground than get regrowth, especially frontal.

Best of luck to you.

And remember that AvodartŠ is not seen as a hair loss drug. But some docs prescribe it anyways, but it's tough to get hold of.

Thank you for the replies my friend, for everyone else, keep them coming in.

I pretty much summed every proven treatment there is.

Don't believe in all that natural hippie bullshit about saw palmeto, eating 100g of zinc and shit like that.

Dut, fin, niz and minox is what that works.

You're losing your hair act fast.

91jmcginnes,

I am not sure what country you are from but the best thing to do would be to go and have an in person consultation with a recommended surgeon from the forum. The surgeon will be able to examine your scalp up close and give you a list of options for now and the future.

The only non-surgical treatments that you should consider are Minoxidil and Finasteride. The potency of Minoxidil is not comparable to Finasteride and Laser etc are rubbish to put it bluntly. The clinic you have a consult with should educate you about all the non-surgical treatments . If you decide not to, just stuck around and read the forums for a while so you become more knowledgeable and well informed to then make a decision.

Thanks for the reply mate, I'm from Glasgow, Scotland,I have a consultation with a clinic this Saturday as to what to do next, I'm not panicking just yet, I'd rather try and get a few opinions from people in that line of work and take it from there. I'm not like ohhhh get a hair transplant right away as I will still be losing hair through the years but I'll wait till Saturday and see what's said.