+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Dr. Gardner I thought this article might be an interesting read for you:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...cienceDaily%29

Science is making huge advances all the time in fields outside of hair growth and some of these advances could aid hair growth research.

Quote Originally Posted by agardner View Post
    It’s not that 40% of the cells have reclaimed in vivo DP character, rather that the spheres have reclaimed 40% of the character of the DP. There is a group in Taiwan that are undertaking this work as a clinical trial but I don’t know anything about that beyond what is readily available.
    Dr. Gardner I think I understand now. And to follow-up on your response to the other poster I would like to add to his point. His point is that Aderans and replicel failed most likely because they had way less hair growing character of the DP then you and your colleagues can achieve today. So now that you and your colleagues have dramatically improved/and increased the amount of hair growint character you can attain in the DP cells wouldn't it be a good idea to inject DP cells into balding skin to see if the higher amount of hair growing character you can achieve might result in the desired result. Keep in mind that you yourself say that some of the hair growing character comes from inside the environment so maybe now that you and your colleagues have increased the amount of hair growing character if you inject the cells those cells will cause miniaturized follicles to grow better hairs since the cells will have higher hair growing character than the cells that were being injected by Aderans. It seems like since you and your colleagues have found ways to dramatically increase hair growing character it would be worth a try to inject the cells using the new techniques of attaining more hair growing character.

Good disertation swooping, very clear and formative.
    but you asumption that "extensive DNA damage" is the key is erroneous in my opinion. In common baldness also scalp, dermis, stem cells and regeneration is Ok.

Thank you again....

Quote Originally Posted by Armandein View Post
    Good disertation swooping, very clear and formative.
    but you asumption that "extensive DNA damage" is the key is erroneous in my opinion. In common baldness also scalp, dermis, stem cells and regeneration is Ok.

Thank you again....
    You are obviously right about that.. It is somewhat erroneous yes. My point was more to show people like nameless why hoping for antagonizing singular pathways like PGD2 or DKK1 is nothing in the grand scheme. Most fail to see the picture involved in it. Thanks.

You are wellcome

Because in order to split the follicle correctly it needs to be micro-dissected out of its surrounding tissues which accompany the follicle even during an FUE. This takes time ~3-5 minutes depending on the skill of the person and how "clean" the follicle was when it came out. So if you scale this up by the several thousand follicles required you end up with a very large number of man hours.

Lets take a perfect scenario where every follicle comes out clean and 3,000 follicles are used.

2 x 3,000 = 6,000 minutes or 100 hours. Paying for those 100 hours of labour is where the cost comes in as it's quite a technically demanding job and several people would be required = large wage bill. That's the only issue I can see with it, having enough capable staff and paying them enough throughout the procedure as obviously it's very unlikely that this perfect example would occur in the clinic.

Thanks for the clarification Dr. Gardner!

Based on what you've written, it seems some type of hair doubling procedure is possible, ignoring any issues that may arise with labour. Now a followup question. We've discussed a doubling procedure, where a single hair follicle is split in order to create two. But how about tripling the number of hairs or quadrupling? In other words, do you see a potential limit in terms of the multiplication rate for a procedure like this?

Thanks again!

Fat cells from the scalp would be preferable, but it becomes a question of ease of access, i.e. it is easier to biopsy from the abdomen than from the scalp.

If there is a difference between the tow fat populations in effecting inductivity I would guess that it is very slight as the majority of the signals are originating in the dermis and the epidermis. Fat may be important in the very first initiating signal in the embryo but I would hypothesise that the constructs are beyond that point.
    Dr. Gardner I don't know if you're still with us but I have one more issue to run by you. You say you'd rather use adipose cells than adipose stem cell derived growth factors and proteins but I think that might be a mistaken idea. You see in the wild these adipose cells are releasing these same growth factors and proteins and this causes hair growth. But these adipose cells are in some very tight and hard to reach places so I don't think it's really possible to get these adipose cells where they need to be put. That's the advantage to using the adipose stem cell extracted growth factors and proteins. The growth factors derived from apoxic adipose stem cells are in liquid form and once injected into the scalp they can get anywhere inside the skin. They can get into very tight place that injected adipose cells might not reach because the adipose cells are a little more solid and larger than the liquid growth factors and proteins derived from adipose stem cells.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Dr. Gardner I don't know if you're still with us but I have one more issue to run by you. You say you'd rather use adipose cells than adipose stem cell derived growth factors and proteins but I think that might be a mistaken idea. You see in the wild these adipose cells are releasing these same growth factors and proteins and this causes hair growth. But these adipose cells are in some very tight and hard to reach places so I don't think it's really possible to get these adipose cells where they need to be put. That's the advantage to using the adipose stem cell extracted growth factors and proteins. The growth factors derived from apoxic adipose stem cells are in liquid form and once injected into the scalp they can get anywhere inside the skin. They can get into very tight place that injected adipose cells might not reach because the adipose cells are a little more solid and larger than the liquid growth factors and proteins derived from adipose stem cells.
    I've had a lot of patience with you in this thread, nameless aka jarjarbinx, but man ... now you're trying to lecture dr Gardner ? Really ? And you think it's weird he's not posting here anymore ?