+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

most ppl your age dont have that much recession but if ur lucky it is just the way your hairline is. it is the thinning which you need to be on the lookout for..if u see thinning hairs in the front or crown then its gonna go

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    most ppl your age dont have that much recession but if ur lucky it is just the way your hairline is. it is the thinning which you need to be on the lookout for..if u see thinning hairs in the front or crown then its gonna go
    Yeah but most guys are generally born with low straight hairlines, which I wasn't so if they're gona recede it's not gona be as noticeable as mine. Like tbh honest I think I look like a nw3 but if you were to measure the amount I lost I'm probably only a nw2 it's just the Norwood scale isn't a completely reliable way to measure baldness because there's people born with extremely low hairline and extremely high hairlines. But I'm not an expert on the matter haha but again thanks man :-)

You have mentioned that you are only 17. From your picture it seems to me that you have already loss enough hair. I think you should consult with a doctor. You should take action as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    You have mentioned that you are only 17. From your picture it seems to me that you have already loss enough hair. I think you should consult with a doctor. You should take action as soon as possible.
    I've been to a doctor they said my hair is thick and there's no signs of progressive thinning, my hair dresser said that too haha! I feel that I'm getting mixed opinions here. And to clarify I've not lost that much hair my hairline has always been m-shaped (I'm not kidding) but it receded a little and has stopped for ages I've got a timeline of photos to prove there's been no change as I'm a bit obsessive that way. And if my dad and his brothers came on this form at my age of 17 they'd be told to get on meds for no reason as they still have a full head of hair despite the hairline! I'm just gona keep taking pics and comparing every little while and if things begin to go bad then I'll start meds, but there's other things I'd rather spend my money one than trying to prevent possibly a minimal amount of hair loss over the next few decades. But thanks man I really appreciate your time and concerns :-)