+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseDontGo View Post
    Have any of you guys heard of links between being rather hairy and going bald early in life? I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but I've only noticed the hair thinning since I started growing back hair.....might upload some new photos seeing as I got my hair cut shorter now.....plus this thread will help use these photos as a timeline in the future to see how it's going....my dermo told me to get some regaine, but he said it was more for piece of mind more then anything because he said my hair still seemed normal.....I know it would make my life so much easier if I just shaved it but I really don't want to haha.....Are you guys hairy? Family history with baldness etc? I'd like to hear other people's situations if that's cool
    It's correlative, doesn't imply a cause, but DHT does control back hair and some observe these men are sometimes, more than often than not, are bald. So who knows? Family history is a strong indicator of whether one will inherit the genetic components responsible. This is where everything is stacked up against me: my uncles, father, and maternal grandfather all bald by 40. Though it does skip generation sometimes, I wasn't so lucky :P

Anyway, stop worring so much and be glad that, if you indeed have Male Pattern Baldness, by you taking finasteride you are arresting the process. Some of us were too late in catching and treating it, so consider yourself lucky in that regard. Be sure to be mindful of any adverse effects from finasteride as well. Good luck.

Can I ask you guys a question about minoxidil and finasteride. I found that since being on minoxidil for about 3-4 months my hair has become a lot thinner then before, my dermo said that's a good sign. Would you agree? Also did you thin out on finasteride? Hopefully it's just that it needs to get a little worse before it gets better type of thing ......

I have noticed thinning with fin, mostly around the hairline. I think it's helped or at least sustained my hair in the crown area, but my hairline is definitely worse now than when I started. Unfortunately for me I think it's just not strong enough to beat my genetics. I have one good friend, the only friend I know of on fin, that's had great results with fin and after being on it about 2 years has his hair looking about as good as it did before college

So it's been roughly 7-8 months on Fin and roughly 13-14 months on minoxidil. Since jumping on propecia I've noticed some growth of thicker hairs on my hairline. My crown however has become a bit of a problem by becoming thinner and more noticeable Since starting on minoxidil and propecia I've noticed a feck load of hair on my hands when Im styling it and in the shower. Is this just a sign that these two things aren't working for me if by this length of time my hair hasn't gotten any better? Oh and a couple weeks ago I decided to get myself some 2% Nizoral as well. No real sides.

Cheers!