+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What to do in the future

Hello,

So I have been using finasteride for a while bit the last year I have een a little bit too lax so I did not take it every day. Now I do again. My main concerns were the temples but now I have noticed very slight thinning on the top. With Toppik I look like a Norwood 1 and sometimes even a Norwood 0 on a good day. But I am afraid as to what would happen if I do not have enough hair for the Toppik to stick to. So I am wondering if a hair system may be a good solution until a cure is found and if I will be able to keep my hair style (see photo). Thanks in advance for the tips!

J.
    Attached Images

Based on the very small pic you appear to have a full head of hair. Since I am unfamiliar with the "norwood" concept I looked up a "1" and a "0." Correct me if I am wrong but I believe a "1" means little or no hair loss and a "0" is the same as a "1" but with a straight hairline.

Since you believe you may be a candidate for a hair piece I have these questions:

1. Describe the size (length and width) of the piece you think you need.
    2. Describe the shape.
    3. Based on your answers I can probably determine exactly where you intend the place the piece on your scalp. However, just to be sure, describe the placement.

Without more feedback from you I have no idea what you have in mind based on the pic.

A lot of trolls recently. Is it because summer is approaching that NW1's have to come here to make fun of us? Somebody should look into that.

Why don't you try weight loss forums?

Great advices lvlace, for someone who would be actually bald(ing), here's how he'll only be able to respond:

1. Are there pieces of 10 hairs available?
    2. A quarter
    3. On his nose

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    A lot of trolls recently. Is it because summer is approaching that NW1's have to come here to make fun of us? Somebody should look into that.

Why don't you try weight loss forums?
    I have noticed the same thing. Dudes with no signs of hair loss whatsoever asking for advice. It's already way passed old and unfunny.

It may not seem I am suffering from it because I use a lot of concealer, but there is very slight thinning on top and at the hairline. Fortunately Toppik works well bit it takes lots of time to apply and I have to he extremely meticulous. I started thinning at the front when I was 20 so it has been very time consuming and at times an obsession.

I guess I don't know the first thing about hair pieces. I am just wondering if it's possible to have the same effect as I do now but just with a hair piece. I have heard that a full piece is much easier than a partial piece. I was also wondering if wearing a piece has any effect on existint hairs on top. Also, how often do you need to go cut your hair on the sides for it to appear natural?

Since the thinning on the top is "slight" a hair piece at this time for the top only makes no sense to me.

Regarding the hairline..........

1. A partial for the hairline only is more difficult to use compared to a "topper" because it is likely to be quite narrow. It is doable but requires more practice when attaching.

2. The hairline partial should not be attached over existing hair for a couple of reasons: it won't adhere well to hair as opposed to bare skin, and, it will exert continuous tension on existing hair thus contributing to additional loss of hair. It needs to attach only to bare skin.

3. If you only use a hairline partial it will end at the temple points. You side hair really should not matter. However if the length of the hair on the hairpiece at the temple points is long enough to require blending into your side hair then you would trim your side hair as needed based on hair growth speed and appearance. Look into the mirror. If the side hair is too long then cut it.

To give a more accurate reply one picture from the front isn't sufficient. We would need to see a shot from the top and crown of the affect area without concealer.

I made the switch to a hair system some time ago now and I have no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by lvlace View Post
    Since the thinning on the top is "slight" a hair piece at this time for the top only makes no sense to me.

Regarding the hairline..........

1. A partial for the hairline only is more difficult to use compared to a "topper" because it is likely to be quite narrow. It is doable but requires more practice when attaching.

2. The hairline partial should not be attached over existing hair for a couple of reasons: it won't adhere well to hair as opposed to bare skin, and, it will exert continuous tension on existing hair thus contributing to additional loss of hair. It needs to attach only to bare skin.

3. If you only use a hairline partial it will end at the temple points. You side hair really should not matter. However if the length of the hair on the hairpiece at the temple points is long enough to require blending into your side hair then you would trim your side hair as needed based on hair growth speed and appearance. Look into the mirror. If the side hair is too long then cut it.

Can a "topper" be attached while you still have existing hair? Even if you shave the hair that you do have on top? And can you style your hair normally when wearing a topper?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Dude View Post
    Can a "topper" be attached while you still have existing hair? Even if you shave the hair that you do have on top? And can you style your hair normally when wearing a topper?
    Yes. Any hairpiece.....lace or skin......partial, topper or full cap......attaches MOST securely to bare hair free skin. If you shave you can attach anything. As the hair underneath the hair piece start to grow back you will experience a loosening of the attachment. Time to detach and shave again. If you choose however to detach every 1-2 weeks however it is unlikely that hair growth will affect the the security of the attachment unless your hair grows very fast.

My suggestion.......wash out the concealer. Shoot some good pics. Frontal, top, one side and back. Without pics I still have no idea what kind of hair loss you have. If you decide instead to shave the top of your head then the solution is simple. You need a topper.

As for styling. Use whatever style you want. Some styles as one would expect will be more difficult to maintain than others.

Firstly I highly recommend regenepure with finesteride, secondly is minoxidil I use Dr Kleins stuff and it's a bullet as fin only removed certain % orally do topically I'm fighting it. I also had alopecia areata recently and I added hydorcortisone cream and hair oils and my shock I'm getting all my temple growth back.