+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Le Bald View Post
    Hi all,

don't often post on here, but just a brief background is that I am a 33 year old Australian male - NW 3.5 that has been visibly balding for about 6 1/2 years. I have been on Rogaine for 5 years - tried Propecia but got sides and quit.

One of the main reasons that I am so self-conscious of my baldness is that I am a single guy who is looking to settle down and find a girl. I think a lot of guys here would be in the same boat and Spencer has touched on it before that the main reason baldness really sucks for men is when you are trying to find a wife.

Having read so many of the posts/comments, it seems to me that, even optimitistically, a full-blown baldness cure is AT LEAST 10 years away if not longer. I am not trying to be pessimistic with this statement, I am just trying to be realistic. If it is, say 15 years away, at least our balding brethren at that time won't have to go through what we are all going through.

However, not trying to wallow in self-pity but this doesn't help me much. Having said that I want to do something positive and constructive with my baldness. I am looking at CB in addition to rogaine and I want to have a hair transplant.

It seems to me that Pilofocus is looking like a viable treatment. Just a few questions:
    * My understanding is that Dr Carlos Wesley is trialling this procedure at the moment. Has he set a release date when this will be available as a treatment at his clinic?
    * I am in Australia, so what timeline would it be after Dr Carlos Wesley has shared the techniques with other surgeons that it will be available at other clinics? Will this be Wesley-centric technique/technology for some time after he completes his trials?

My point is that I want to do something sooner rather than later with the best technology that is coming out relatively soon. I can't wait for a full blown hair loss cure because that could be decades away.

Cheers,

Le Bald
    I am in the same boat as you, my confidence has taken a hit.

whats new?