+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Artista did you hear back from Dr. Wesley about us seeing the original powerpoint?

FTL

I'm like 8 days after my FUE surgery and my donor has already fully healed, no trace of any scar, maybe if you take a magnifying glass...

So would pilofocus only benefit people who are prone to visible scarring, like dark skin people maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I'm like 8 days after my FUE surgery and my donor has already fully healed, no trace of any scar, maybe if you take a magnifying glass...

So would pilofocus only benefit people who are prone to visible scarring, like dark skin people maybe?
    Yield rates are supposed to be higher with Pilofocus, that in itself is a nice bonus. 15% more grafts survival is big. Every follicle counts.

My surgeon has a 99% survival rate, but he's entirely manual, that's how he can avoid transection of the grafts.

A lot of doctors don't want to be 100% manual because it takes a lot more time to extract the grafts.

So survival rate also depends on the surgeon's technique.

Again, I fail to see the point of pilofocus.

My surgeon has a 99% survival rate, but he's entirely manual, that's how he can avoid transection of the grafts.

A lot of doctors don't want to be 100% manual because it takes a lot more time to extract the grafts.

So survival rate also depends on the surgeon's technique.

Again, I fail to see the point of pilofocus.
    I think the fact that there is no white dots is huge, due to the fact that hair transplants are not a cure and one day shaving your head can be an option, but with fue, it may not be.

Read what I posted above, I'm 8 days post-op my FUE, and I don't even have those "white dots" so many people fear here.

Read what I posted above, I'm 8 days post-op my FUE, and I don't even have those "white dots" so many people fear here.
    Sounds good!
    Can you post a picture of your donor?

Fred,

That's not how the "white dots" work. They are a manifestation of a completely healed wound -- i.e. a late finding. If you do not have white dots one year from now then, yes, you will likely not have any.

Right now you have acutely healing wounds that undoubtedly look fine.

This is not to get you down, the degree of scar tissue in a completely healed wound is variable -- depends on the injury (punch type and size used) as well as the donor subject's physiology and race. You may never have any white dot appearance -- you just cannot tell that now.

I think the fact you don't have to shave your noggin is a pretty big plus... Unlike fue where you have to shave your donor region...

This isn't a drug and hasn't it been in development since 2011? Should the fda approval come very quickly for this? When are trials scheduled to be completed?

Pictures of my donor are here: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...t=16218&page=2

It's over now, once a wound is healed, I know it won't change. I see this "scarless" argument as nothing but hype. Now the greater yield argument is a good thing.

My surgeon used a non-motorized 0,75 mm punch, so that must be why you can barely see anything was done.

As I said earlier, if you're not at least ready to shave your head once for a hair transplant, you shouldn't go for a hair transplant, at least not before we can have unlimited donor. You may be forced to shave your head down the line.