Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fred970
    • Nov 2009

8 months update

I'm quite pleased with my status at 8 months. It's still relatively early and supposed to be 60% of my final result.

The pictures

All your comments are welcome .

Comment

• FFS
      • Dec 2014

Looks good a lot better than before If you used a bit of toppik you'd look like a NW2.

But isn't 2000 grafts considered quite small to cover an entire NW5 area?

Comment

• Alex88
        • Sep 2014

Go Fred,Go!! (Y)

2000 grafts sounds too little even for me but the results seems really good right now

Comment

• fred970
          • Nov 2009

Thank you! I'm OK with that look, but it's true that a sprinkle of toppik could do a lot for me now .

It's barely sufficient, but I chose a conservative hair line and the back of my NW5 wasn't that bad yet.

It's thinning but at a much slower rate, so we could leave it untreated and now it looks like all my scalp is covered.

Comment

• Alex88
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by fred970
            Thank you! I'm OK with that look, but it's true that a sprinkle of toppik could do a lot for me now .

It's barely sufficient, but I chose a conservative hair line and the back of my NW5 wasn't that bad yet.

It's thinning but at a much slower rate, so we could leave it untreated and now it looks like all my scalp is covered.
            Well to be fair to me seems more than sufficent just for curiosity which kind of hair pattern do you have? big or thin hair?

Comment

• fred970
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Alex88
              Well to be fair to me seems more than sufficent just for curiosity which kind of hair pattern do you have? big or thin hair?
              My hairdresser (who was my aunt by the way) always said I had really thick hair diameter, so much she thought I would never go bald (ha!).

My surgeon told me I had thin hair diameter in my donor, from the looks of it.

Then when he proceeded to extract, he changed his mind and said it was thick.

He said he was impressed by the quality of my grafts.

So I don't really know, sometimes people think it's thin, sometimes they think it's thick .

Comment

• Alex88
                • Sep 2014

got it thanks! same here i dont really know how to look at my hair tho ahah
                and i totally understand how is like to be a NW5 at 24,fact is i was at 23,right now i'm evolving into a NW6-7ish at 26!
                the guy who operated you did an incredible job and compared to mine,your scars are barely visible. Props!
                i'll keep and eye on your situation to see how this evolve,if the general thing goes well as it promise i'll think to drop my buck in his toil as well

Comment

• fred970
                  • Nov 2009

10 months (and 12 days) update

The pictures

Picture in higher resolution:

Comment

• Artista
                    • Apr 2010

Congrats

Comment

• Alex88
                      • Sep 2014

seems pretty good to me! (Y)
                      have you noticed any pimple with hair inside yet? what are you taking right now? fin/minox?

Comment

• fred970
                        • Nov 2009

I get a pimple on my scalp from time to time.

I use minoxidil only.

Comment

• 22able
                          • Feb 2013

Is the redness on your scalp still apparent? Reason I ask is that i'm considering an FUE but I have more hair than yourself so considering a single procedure + propecia indefinitely. If I can continue to lose my hair then i'll just buzz the top right down. Wondering if this is viable? Your scarring doesn't seem to be that noticeable on the top so I want to see if it could be viable. Thanks.

Comment

• fred970
                            • Nov 2009

1 year update

The pictures

All your comments are welcome .

Comment

• JayM
                              • Apr 2015

I really like the shape of the hairline! I wouldn't look at you and say you are bald at all. Just like to have your hair cut short. And would certainly not think you have had any work done.

Maybe work on the beard now Are you happy with it?

Comment

• fred970
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by JayM
                                I really like the shape of the hairline! I wouldn't look at you and say you are bald at all. Just like to have your hair cut short. And would certainly not think you have had any work done.
                                And that was my main goal, and it seems that I have attained it . Thanks for you comment.

No one has ever thought twice in real life too. Not even my girlfriend of 7 months!

Comment

Working...