FredtheBelgian's FUE - 2000 grafts with Dr. De Reys - 24 Years Old NW5 from DPA

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdawg
    • Jun 2012

wow that's only 6500$ CAD! with a flight+ room it'd still probably cost me 7500-7800! great price and looks like a great result!

Comment

• fauxhawk
      • Oct 2011

Any updates? I would like to see photos as I am considering Dr. De Reys as well.

Comment

• fred970
        • Nov 2009

4 months (and 10 days) update

I think there is some improvement, again, I'm in the very early stages but I'm quite happy with what I have already. People still called Mr. Clean when I was on holiday in Morocco though . Unfortunately, I only have one picture from the front this time, since I don't have anyone to take it for me in the same environment as the other pictures.

The picture

All your comments are welcome .

Comment

• Rodfarva
          • May 2014

That's going to make a huge difference to your appearance, especially to the aspect of framing your face!

Comment

• baldozer
            • Oct 2012

Nice neck, long and strong.

Comment

• Scalpology
              • Jun 2014

If you grow the hair out a bit and add concealer, you will look like NW2 I guess. Excellent results I think and should only get better. I'm happy for you!

Comment

• tercex11
                • Feb 2012

Hi fred970, How are things going? Any new recent pics?

Comment

• aim4hair
                  • Aug 2011

Hey fred,
                  Nice result so far, keep the updates coming.
                  Does your transplanted hair lay flat down or spikes up when they start growing?

Comment

• Munkynutz
                    • Aug 2014

Hey Fred, I am curious to know if you have been able to notice much in the way of FUE scarring in your donor site.

I am not quite there yet and have more hair than you but with a hairline which I cannot stand (and no not like some of the lads here who believe they have tragic hair loss but still a very full hairline)z mine is more like a serious peak, however it hasn't gotten worse in a while now and if it continues along this path of non serious degradation I would totally do what you just did.

And I wouldn't push my hairline further than you have either. I think that looks appropriate, frames your face, and as it joins with the natural hairline of the peak of your hair it has much less chance of suddenly looking horrible.

For you I think keeping the sides closer and the top about double the length (like 2mm vs 1mm) would be perfect.

That is the look I'd love to achieve myself just won't do t now due to the narrowness of my frontal hairline.

Thanks man. And keep the updates. I am glad this is working well for you.

Comment

• fred970
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by tercex11
                      Hi fred970, How are things going? Any new recent pics?
                      With my head shaved 5 months and a half after the FUE, I think 99% of people wouldn't be able to tell that I ever suffered from hair loss. I'll post a 6 months update in two weeks.

Originally posted by aim4hair
                      Does your transplanted hair lay flat down or spikes up when they start growing?
                      Well my hair is in fact a little curly, I brush them fast with a towel so they stand on my head. They behave the same way as the hair I had up there before hair loss.

Originally posted by Munkynutz
                      Hey Fred, I am curious to know if you have been able to notice much in the way of FUE scarring in your donor site.
                      I have no visible scarring at all. And I don't think anyone treated with an 0,75 mm punch should have no visible scarring.

Thanks for your comments!

Comment

• Munkynutz
                        • Aug 2014

Beauty man. Well it looks very good I have to say. If approach this the same way you did as I said, just want a more rounded appearance to the hairline than the spike that is currently there. Scarring has always been a concern of mine for the simple reason I would love to be able to just cut my hair how you have yours now. I can pull off shaved but don't like it as much as the overall buzz and it requires more maintenance (also for the beard too, of which I have an ample one, and can never quite get the desire to shave off daily).

With a do like yours I could happily just buzz with a 0 once a week and enjoy the maintenance carefree appearance. Also added benefit of that look is you never have to worry about any sort of activity you're doing or hat you're wearing to look good.

Well done sir. And thank you very much for such a good documentation of your Ht. It is so hard to find good images of people's donor area post HT.

G

Comment

• Munkynutz
                          • Aug 2014

You jam yourself with medications or just ride it out however nature planned, obviously Ht aside?

Comment

• fred970
                            • Nov 2009

I just stick to 5% minoxidil. No finasteride or experimental drugs.

Comment

• Munkynutz
                              • Aug 2014

Good call. I think I'd probably do the same just a pain with the slightly longer hair. Nice and short and even the spray on application would be a breeze.

Comment

• aim4hair
                                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by fred970
                                With my head shaved 5 months and a half after the FUE, I think 99% of people wouldn't be able to tell that I ever suffered from hair loss. I'll post a 6 months update in two weeks.
                                How short do you shave and how often?
                                Also how does it look under direct sunlight or under bright light?? are the transplanted buzzed hair visible under those conditions?

Thanks,

Comment

Working...