+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    First reason: De Reys was the only want who accepted to perform on me. I saw Dr. Bisanga for example and he said I wasn't a good candidate because I was so bald at such a young age.

Second reason: the price. There are a lot of reputable surgeons in Belgium, but only De Reys and the prohairclinic (which also turned me down) offer democratic prices.

Don't worry about the travel distance, when I went in for my hair transplant with De Reys, I met another patient coming out with 3000 grafts on his NW6, and he was from Sweden.

If you go to Turkey, I would only recommend these two doctors, based on their excellent reputations: Doganay and Erdogan.

I agree. My second hair transplant wouldn't be to improve density or lowering the hair line, just to reasonably fill my NW6 crown that is soon going to be a desert.
    Hey Fred do you take only minoxidil??? Or you take propecia ? I heard that after a HT you need propecia or the hair will get attacked and fall out . Also I have a newby question I experience a thinning on my front n on my top I have 0 bald spot what should I do to maintain my hair or even thicker them up and regrow more. I would love your opinion on that can a HT help me? If not what should I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion Knight View Post
    Hey Fred do you take only minoxidil??? Or you take propecia ? I heard that after a HT you need propecia or the hair will get attacked and fall out . Also I have a newby question I experience a thinning on my front n on my top I have 0 bald spot what should I do to maintain my hair or even thicker them up and regrow more. I would love your opinion on that can a HT help me? If not what should I do.
    Nonsense, only the hair affected by DHT get attacked. The transplanted hair are DHT-resistant.

Only the hair that are behind the transplanted hair and haven't fallen yet will deteriorate after a HT.

I don't know about your case, I would need pictures to assess your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Nonsense, only the hair affected by DHT get attacked. The transplanted hair are DHT-resistant.

Only the hair that are behind the transplanted hair and haven't fallen yet will deteriorate after a HT.

I don't know about your case, I would need pictures to assess your situation.
    Hey Fred,

Here a link to my post I have many photo there in different angle if you need more details let me know. Thanks to give me your opinion.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...oxidil-Nizoral

Unfortunately it is not entirely true that transplanted hair is 100% DHT resistant. There are cases of people whose donor zones have miniaturized to the point that they are not hair transplant candidates because ALL of their donor hair is miniaturized. Some of these cases had stronger donor hair that would normally be considered average for transplantation. It is not common but it does occur more than one may realize and I've seen multiple cases over the years where the transplanted hair miniaturized and even disappeared because the hairs were (we can only assume) not DHT resistant.

I sometimes wonder if my own donor hair is DHT resistant 100% because once I started taking Proscar in 2002 Dr. Wong noticed my donor hair improved during my 9 month follow up examination. My hair overall felt stronger so this is the earliest piece of evidence I have to support the idea that donor hair can be affected by DHT.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

I know Joe. But what I have observed in my own father is that he kept the same thick donor from age 25 (when he was already a slick NW6) to age 49, when he had his heart attack.

He started taking a lot of blood pressure, cholesterol, heart medication and a lot of these drugs had "hair loss" as a side-effect. His donor then started to think all of a sudden.

And he's been quite desperate about it because he uses his donor hair to attach his hair piece. So I don't believe it has anything to do with DHT, otherwise the NW scale would include a fully bald stage.

How can someone come for a hair transplant consultation if he has no donor hair at all? What did this person expect?

Now I'm afraid that my donor is going to thin at a point, which is why I also apply minoxidil.

For the reminder, I can't take finasteride because I suffered from drug-induced gynecomastia before (removed by surgery since).

So far, there is no sign of thinning in my donor, and I pray that it will stay that way... and that I won't have a heart attack.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying my new hair as much as I can, and I hope Histogen, Replicel etc. bring us new treatments in a few years.

I know Joe. But what I have observed in my own father is that he kept the same thick donor from age 25 (when he was already a slick NW6) to age 49, when he had his heart attack.

He started taking a lot of blood pressure, cholesterol, heart medication and a lot of these drugs had "hair loss" as a side-effect. His donor then started to think all of a sudden.

And he's been quite desperate about it because he uses his donor hair to attach his hair piece. So I don't believe it has anything to do with DHT, otherwise the NW scale would include a fully bald stage.
    I agree as some medication can be absolutely brutal on hair but other cases are in fact attributed to DHT sentive donor hair.

How can someone come for a hair transplant consultation if he has no donor hair at all? What did this person expect?
    Fred, I've had people come in for consultation that had such diffused donor zones that if all the hairs were taken and the donor zone were plucked clean the patient would still not have enough hair for a hairline, much less the area that appeared to be a NW9.5. It has left me wondering on more than one occasion what it is exactly that people see when they look at themselves in the mirror. On the flip side, I've had people come in and tell me they hope they can have hair like my own when they appear to have not lost a single hair from their head and have hair stronger than Brad Pitt's. It just really goes to show you that we don't always see ourselves as we should when we look in the mirror.

I think you are not in a position to have to worry too much. You have found a great solution for your immediate issue, the loss, and I think you are young enough that more and better treatments will come along in your future. Don't worry about the donor thinning at this point. Just do what you can to keep your hair, and your health overall, as strong as possible. Don't binge on anything, exercise and know where your food is coming from.
    Joe Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    I think you are not in a position to have to worry too much. You have found a great solution for your immediate issue, the loss, and I think you are young enough that more and better treatments will come along in your future. Don't worry about the donor thinning at this point. Just do what you can to keep your hair, and your health overall, as strong as possible. Don't binge on anything, exercise and know where your food is coming from.
    Thank you for the reassurance. It means a lot to me since I tend to worry a lot for not much in the end.

I'm trying to do just as you suggested. Hair loss kind of forces you to be at your best in every other area of your life.

Hair loss kind of forces you to be at your best in every other area of your life.
    Well said, my young friend, and it shows that sometimes what may seem like a curse can lead to other blessings in life.
    Joe Tillman

Fred I don't want to force you but can you answer my question I am a newby and I would like to know what would you do in my position. I provide you a link: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...oxidil-Nizoral . I already ask you once but you didn't answer :/. It would be nice to have your opinion Thanks.

Hey man great to see u like the results but i was wondering do you have any old pics from like when you were 17-24 ? i mean i want to see how ur hair loss progression is because i'm a diffuse thinner too :\ , that would help me alot