+ Reply to Thread

Question Best doctors for HT in the TEMPLE area?

Hello everyone!

I'd like to ask you to share your opinion on who you think are the best doctors for putting hair in the temple area. I know that the closer you get to the front of the hairline, the harder it is to make an HT look natural - the hair tends to have that pluggy look.

However I believe hair transplants are an art as well and some doctors may have better results than others.

I am about a NW1.5 and would like to put hair around the temples to bring it to a NW1. I know NW1.5 isn't a big deal and many might say not to get any work done, but this is what I want, please respect my wish.

My hair is black, a bit coarse on the sides but baby fine on top. It's mostly straight, slightly wavy.

If you could link to any relevant image galleries I'd appreciate that as well.

Thank you!

The risk that you face is having grafts added to a Norwood 1 hairline can cause further recession especially in the area where you want grafts.

Not preaching at you but my advice would be to wait and see where this goes.

How old are you and have you even been diagnosed with MPB?
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

MPB yes. Been taking finasteride for several years. Fantastic regrowth of hair but the side effects due to elevated estradiol are terrible. But naturally I'd rather deal with the side effects than lose my hair.

Another quick question for you.

Are your temple areas diffusing? Meaning, the existing hair shafts are appearing thinner and wispier in caliber?

Let me explain. If your loss appears far more recessionary then the neighboring hair shafts are not as much at risk for shock loss.

But if the hair is getting more thin in caliber and again appears wispier, then that's weaker hair that is more easily shocked.

IMHO, if you are only a Norwood 1 at age 35, that's not a bad sign. If you were 25, I would have a different opinion.

So are there any men in your family history that have the more advanced classes of hair loss like Norwood 5 and higher?

I guess that was two questions...
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

I guess what I was also trying to state was if you have that strong head of hair at 35, you're probably not going to experience advanced stages of MPB.

My guess is that most of the men on either side of your family history still have some hair...
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

Yes temples are diffusing evenly

hair loss in family varies, no pattern

who are the best doctors temple areas

is t best to do single hair in that area

My advice would be to wait and not touch those temporal lobe areas yet. Wait until you see some recessionary pattern develop.

I know that's not probably not what you want to hear but you don't want to risk those areas opening up with full blown loss once you begin to traumatize them with recipient incisions.

Of course some surgeons will tell you that I am all wet and don't know what I am talking about yet I am the one who hears from the guys who makes these mistakes and nearly 100% of them tell me afterward, "I should have waited".

If you were at least into the Norwood 3 category, then sure, surgery makes more sense by election.

If you decide to move forward anyway, then you and only you must do the homework and research to choose the doctor that you feel has your best interest at hand, has the right talent and results, and just will not take a burger and fry order. Plenty of them around. And everybody has a different opinion as to who does the best work.

There are plenty of ethical, talented surgeons within this community and many of them preview their work with photos.

One last thing. If you do move forward, consider FUE only. It would be crazy to do a strip procedure for such a small area and if you have minimal levels of hair loss in your lifetime, FUE is the way to go hands down...
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net