+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Story

Default My Story

Hi all. I'm 26 years old and at the start of noticable hair loss..I first noticed it in an elevator surrounded by mirrors..and hearing my brother say ' Your going bald ' also confirmed the worst. I knew I would eventually lose my hair and I am kinda cool with that...but not at the prime of my life.

I am very socially awkward & have confidence issues so I don't know how I could deal with losing my hair at such a young age.

Currently using Revita shampoo and just started using Rogaine foam daily with a 3/4 cap for crown/temples. I have ordered 2% Nizarol foam..recently bought it on Australian ebay but it's just a no name brand...but I hope it's all the same..not sure if prescription Nizarol shampoo is any better? I plan on alternatinv between the Revita & Nizarol shampoo.

Now I am tossing and turning on Finasteride. I have booked an appointment to see a dermatologist, the thought of having permanent sexual disfunction is terrifying, the more I read the more conflicting stories I see...I have a hard time believing only 1% people have side effects...going bald & having a dick that doesn't work isn't appealing.

I'd be happy to maintain what I have up until my mid to late 30's...I am open to anything suggestions that could work or assist me holding my hair, a lot of this has been covered before but I just wanted to share my story and get any input.

Thanks for reading

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRogaine View Post
    Hi all. I'm 26 years old and at the start of noticable hair loss..I first noticed it in an elevator surrounded by mirrors..and hearing my brother say ' Your going bald ' also confirmed the worst. I knew I would eventually lose my hair and I am kinda cool with that...but not at the prime of my life.

I am very socially awkward & have confidence issues so I don't know how I could deal with losing my hair at such a young age.

Currently using Revita shampoo and just started using Rogaine foam daily with a 3/4 cap for crown/temples. I have ordered 2% Nizarol foam..recently bought it on Australian ebay but it's just a no name brand...but I hope it's all the same..not sure if prescription Nizarol shampoo is any better? I plan on alternatinv between the Revita & Nizarol shampoo.

Now I am tossing and turning on Finasteride. I have booked an appointment to see a dermatologist, the thought of having permanent sexual disfunction is terrifying, the more I read the more conflicting stories I see...I have a hard time believing only 1% people have side effects...going bald & having a dick that doesn't work isn't appealing.

I'd be happy to maintain what I have up until my mid to late 30's...I am open to anything suggestions that could work or assist me holding my hair, a lot of this has been covered before but I just wanted to share my story and get any input.

Thanks for reading
    Hey bud,

I'm 26. I'm on fin, minox, and niz. Stop worrying about sides and just get on the stuff. It's your only chance -- I don't care what anyone else tries to tell you. Every piece of sci lit suggests it's extremely rare to get sides. If you look for sides, you're brain will create them.

Regardless, you need to not invest any of your confidence in your hair, because you might not keep it even on treatment. Work on bettering yourself in all facets of life, get on all available treatments, and just move on, bro.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRogaine View Post
    Now I am tossing and turning on Finasteride. I have booked an appointment to see a dermatologist, the thought of having permanent sexual disfunction is terrifying
    What is more terrifying to you, the small chance that you get sexual sides, or walking around bald? Think about it and make your decision. It is a decision we all have to make.

I am considering taking the plunge at a very low dosage... .25mg or so daily maybe less..twice a week. 1mb daily seems over kill and I've read of people going even higher..which to me isn't worth it. There doesn't seem to be enough evidence about long term usage (10+ years or so) ..many people don't have sides until they quit which is even more alarming.

You roll the dice when you take Fin. Its far from a one size fits all type of thing.

One guy could be on it for 20 years and feel great, while the other guy has bad sides in the first week.

Okay so small update...just took my first pill of .5mg after getting a prescription from the dr. Fingers crossed no noticable sides and I can eventually quit when I'm happy enough to...don't plan on being on it forever.