+ Reply to Thread

Default To all my early MPBer!! READ ME plz!?

So I started noticing my hair thinning at the tender age of 18 lol. Only because I used to spend so much time with beautiful sexy hair then (RIP follicles). Fast forward to 22 years old now (bout to be 23 in a couple months) I'm at a norwood 1.5 or 2. Question to you guys out there: I always read that early losers tend to go high in the norwood scale and I wanted to know if this always the case? Is there anyone out there that started early and remained in the nw 2-4 range? Because NO one in my family is a norwood 6 or 7. So I don't see how I would get up that high, but I could always be wrong lol. In which case, I'd be F'd in the A on saturday.

you may never lose you hair fully, but are you going to say if you do?

do something now if you are uncomfortable with the risk of being bald in the next 5-10 years.

doesn't matter what your family history is, you have no idea who's genes you inherited - I believed that until it was too late for my hairline, now I'm struggling to try and get it thick again at 21-22.. "your grandpa has hair, all of your uncles and cousins have hair" etc. good for them, not me.

Its so unpredictable and no one has much a clue how it works. You can be aware of family history since its an indicator but I wouldnt rely on it. What counts is what happens to your hair. If its thinning either do something about it or accept fate. I would not play the game of guessing how far it will go or if it stops. Just call it MPB and treat it while you can

I gotta say, your post hit me right in the feels.

Went from enviable hair in HS and through college, ~23: compliments, chicks wanting to touch it. Get started on grad school and before I know it, my hairs going downhill fast.

Anyways, none of us know how your hair will turnout. All I know if you gotta battle with The Big 3 and give it a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
    Is there anyone out there that started early and remained in the nw 2-4 range?
    Being a NW3 or worse is no picnic. Add diffuse thinning and it is a nightmare. Not as bad as a NW7, but nothing really to be proud of.

It's hard to say how you're baldness will progress. Look to your father and his brothers and your mother's brothers that will give you a rough idea of what you'll progress too.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Question to you guys out there: I always read that early losers tend to go high in the norwood scale and I wanted to know if this always the case?
    This is often the case with MPB. Stress and some medications can cause some thinning. It wouldn't hurt to start using Rogaine. If a HairCheck indicates thinning and the doctor is certain it's MPB, you may want to consider Propecia (finasteride).

Question to you guys out there: I always read that early losers tend to go high in the norwood scale and I wanted to know if this always the case? Is there anyone out there that started early and remained in the nw 2-4 range? Because NO one in my family is a norwood 6 or 7. So I don't see how I would get up that high, but I could always be wrong lol. In which case, I'd be F'd in the A on saturday.
    I was 19-20 years old when I first noticed thinning, and now, at 33, I am a NW2 with some minor diffuse thinning. I began fin when I was around 27 or 28 and I take and do various others things as well. My hair looks so much better today than it did before I started treatment. So if I were you, I would think about taking action.