+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    No no, I ask if they're from FAT cells specifically because I'm wondering if fat is reduced in balding areas in the scalp below the surface of the skin. Perhaps thats why the Adipose Derived Stem Cell injections gave results and maybe there would be a possibility of growth with fat grafting alone?
    that what yale scientists found. if fat stem cells are injected into scalps they should signal follicles to produce hair.

no way this is true..they are doing this in the us..if it were beneficial it would be all over the news.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    no way this is true..they are doing this in the us..if it were beneficial it would be all over the news.

1. They are injecting fat cells from the abdomen to other places on the body but I really doubt if anyone is implanting them into the scalp underneath follicles. I don't think any doctors have even considered trying it yet.

2. It may be necessary to use fat cells from under the follicles rather than fat cells from the abdomen. I don't know that for sure but it may turn out to be the case. The only way to find out is for someone to have fat cells from the abdomen implanted under the follicles in the thinning areas of the scalp and see if it grows hair. If it doesn't then the person would have to try implanting fat cells from the scalp donor region into the thinning areas of the scalp. I would recommend trying to use fat cells from the abdomen region first because if it will work then they would be easier to retrieve than the fat cells from the scalp donor area.

That injected aape from the trial isn't in the US, it's not FDA approved.

Quote Originally Posted by maomao View Post
    That injected aape from the trial isn't in the US, it's not FDA approved.
    You would have to fly to them to do this.

We do not even know if they will do this if you were to fly to them.

Would injection of fat cells be just as effective?

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    please tell me how histogen or replicel is all over the news. for god's sake, the news covered micro pigmentation as a cure for baldness. the science is solid with this one. all I want to know is that it is not a scam and end up buying water for $1000. if the ingredients are correct, then we have a great treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by hgs1989 View Post
    please tell me how histogen or replicel is all over the news. for god's sake, the news covered micro pigmentation as a cure for baldness. the science is solid with this one. all I want to know is that it is not a scam and end up buying water for $1000. if the ingredients are correct, then we have a great treatment.
    A great bridging treatment too. Or hell, combine it with an HT and you can go on with life without being socially outcast. Such a thing is PRICELESS.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but are we mixing together opinions on the South Korean company and the results shown in the journal article? Unless I'm confused, they seem to be totally independent. If it's just because it sounds like they're using similar ideas, I really think they should be totally distinguished as it really makes all the difference in the world what the specifics are that are used in their separate processes.

In regards to why this isn't in the news, the great majority of media sources (both in print and online) do not go out looking for news stories, at least about stuff like this. They get press releases from companies that are looking to get attention and then they write stories (and perhaps do further research) in response to those press releases. All of those stories about Cotsarelis were because he/Penn/Follica sent out announcements to major media sources alerting them to his "amazing" discoveries (sorry, I'm getting a little salty on Cotsarelis). Why the individuals involved in the PDF study that was linked to would not have gone through the effort to get their results more publicity, I really can't imagine. But as far as those looking at the lack of reporting as proof that it's not significant, all you have to do is look at all the psuedo-science and insignificant nonsense about hair loss that does get reported and you'll know that even if this is ultimately not that big of a deal, it certainly passes the bar that's been established by all the other BS, so it's not a matter of not being significant enough to be reported on.

Oh, and anyone who thinks the regrowth in those pictures isn't significant must have a very full head of hair. I think you should get off this forum and go outside on a windy and sunny summer day and enjoy your thick locks.

Quote Originally Posted by hgs1989 View Post
    like histogen cells re taken from a human (a donor maybe) and cultured to release and the growth factors are collected to be injected.
    what? histogen's method also involves extracting cells from each individual patient? really??? i wasn't aware of that. i thought the growth factors are some chemicals only which come in a bottle or whatever. otherwise it wouldn't be possible that histogen is a single-day treatment. you would have to extract, send to lab, prepare injections etc.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    what? histogen's method also involves extracting cells from each individual patient? really??? i wasn't aware of that. i thought the growth factors are some chemicals only which come in a bottle or whatever. otherwise it wouldn't be possible that histogen is a single-day treatment. you would have to extract, send to lab, prepare injections etc.
    Yeah they are both similar only histogen uses dermal fibroblasts and this aape uses adipose tissue. And no, you don't have to use your own tissue.