+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

what i don't understand is: is the product about growth factors or stem cells or both?
    because it often says that they derive something from humans. i'm confused.

"Patient satisfaction was lower with mesotherapy treatment than with HARG therapy. Some patients moved from mesotherapy treatment to HARG therapy with stem cell protein. The stem cell proteins are the most essential components of this hair regrowth therapy. Treatment using only the vitamin mixture was not more effective than the stem cell protein treatment in our recent double-blind test. "

Seems to me that if you want the real stuff that was actually used in the study then you are going to have to go to a clinic to get it. The problem is, where can we get this product that contains the HARG THERAPY that was the same thing used in the studies.

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Sounds a bit dodgy.

They are offering it with a HT so its pretty impossible to tell how much of any regrowth is down to the SVF and how much is down to the regrowth of transplanted hairs.

And if the treatment itself is as efficacious as the pictures in the study indicate then why do you also need a hair transplant? The pictures in that study indicate regrowth that would make a lot of people happy enough that they would not also need a hair transplant.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    what i don't understand is: is the product about growth factors or stem cells or both?
    because it often says that they derive something from humans. i'm confused.
    it is similar to histogen. culture cells and collect growth factor. the cells in this case comes from fat stem cells. growth factors I guess signals the cells in your body to start regenerate and repair.

yo based on that pdf it looks like they're skipping all legitimate human trials and just offering us the product. I wouldn't go with it until it goes widespread over the market and known as a safe treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
    yo based on that pdf it looks like they're skipping all legitimate human trials and just offering us the product. I wouldn't go with it until it goes widespread over the market and known as a safe treatment.
    their results are published in a journal. growth factors have been used for a while now in cosmetic products and as injections for skin and wrinkles. there are topical that contain them for hair but as an injection there isn't any. it would be similar to PRP.prp contain lots of growth factors. I guess multiple injections is required but with 2500$ it is a ripoff, not to mention the concentration of the GFs is low.

Interesting. How do they extract the fat? I immediately have a a picture of some big ass needle in you stomach. Ghhhhh. The pictures look okay but guys most of the patients in the pics are of female patients. Regrowth is visible but moderate, I believe one would need additional HTs...

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Can you post the before/after photos?

That SVF stuff sounds.... interesting.
    the before/after photos were a bit dodgy. taken from different angles, didn't show hairline.

i've asked for better photos but not heard back.

This has been around a while. If it grew hair as well as they say, it would be all over the news. The media will take any bit of information about MPB research and broadcast it as the cure in hopes of generating readership. For god's sake, scalp tattoo's was headline news just a few weeks ago. Don't you think if a company was truly getting results like this every major news outlet would have covered the story?

Sorry to say, this looks a lot like every other scam that we've seen in the past. This one has a particularly good/legitimate facade. But, it doesn't change the hard fact that it's been around years and we've not seen a single high def picture or video or heard from the researchers themselves.

I seem to recall one published article I read involving researchers studying adipose stem cell activity in connection with hair growth and they said that there is some protein or something else inside fat cells that signal hair follicles to grow hair. They weren't talking about Histogen-like growth factors. They were talking about something else but I can't remember what it was.

It was not in the study that we are all looking at in this thread. Yes, I'm aware that the study in this thread does talk about growth factors, but I'm just saying that there's another study out there saying that it's a protein or something like that in the adipiose fat cells that tells follicles to grow hair.

I'll try to find that study. It looked pretty credible. And the study in this thread also looks credible, although I do have some concerns about who are the doctors who did the research in the study in this thread, and do they have a stake in the results of the study.