+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Valerie Horsley’s Yale study cited evidence of the role adipose plays in cell communication that ultimately leads to the production of platelet derived growth factors (PDGF). Although obviously not a cure, low-level laser (light) therapy (LLLT) has been shown to improve hair growth. See study posted on the PubMed.gov website.

Recent studies suggest that LLLT's effectiveness relates to it improving cell signaling. This lends credibly to the comments related to adipose signalling in Valerie's Yale study.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

does Dr. Cole offer LLLT?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    does Dr. Cole offer LLLT?
    No, not at this time. Dr. Cole does recognize the effectiveness of LLLT but the treatments clinics offer can be expensive for patients. For some men with hair loss, money is no object. Even in those cases, often times the best option in Dr. Cole's opinion is the Lasercap or Capillus. It's more convenient to use because you own it and don't have to take time out of your schedule to have treatments done at a doctor's office.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    They could possibly be on to something, but it always bothers me to see a before photo taken with a flash and an after photo taken without a flash with the hair combed over the thin or balding area.

Screen capture from the video:
    Attachment 35234

* I agree that it looks like they combed hair over a thinning area in the after picture, but not so sure I agree that we should be concerned with the flash issue.

* On the issue of the obvious comb-over, does it look like the same comb-over could have been achieved as effectively with the amount of hair in the before pic? I ask because if I got back say 40% of my lost hair that would be enough to make it possible for me to look like I have a lot of hair if I used illusory tactics the same as the guy in the before and after did. BUT with the amount of hair I presently have even illusory tactics would not make me look like I have a lot of hair. My point is that perhaps at the stage of the before pic the subject would not have been able to produce that same effect so he did not bother to try, but by the time of the after pic he gained enough thickness that he could produce that effect with illusory tactics so he did.

*If I got back enough hair that I could make myself look a lot better, but I didn't get back all of my hair, then I would take advantage of the fact that I got enough back to make myself look better and I would use illusory tactics to achieve the best possible look.

Would you please talk to Dr. Cole about adipose tissue implantation for treating hair loss? They are implanting fat all over people's bodies except nobody is trying it on the scalp. We need to try this. Yes there's a company doing small amounts of SVF, which comes from fat, but they are adding only a small amount of tissue. It would probably be better to implant larger amounts of fat tissue into balding scalp tissue as a test. Balding scalp has not lost just a little fat compared to scalp that is growing full thickness terminal hairs. Balding scalp is missing a significant amount of fat tissue. In order to find out if simply adding fat tissue would reverse hair loss you would want to add a significant amount of fat tissue. You would want to restore the fat layer to the same layer it was prior to hair loss. I understand that you wouldn't want to try this on a person because nobody knows it it will work, but you can get balding scalp tissue that's not attached to a person and try it on that tissue. We need this tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Alias123 View Post
    Another study on mice.... sigh.

I don't know if it's new or not, but it looks very interesting just the same. I think you should inform the doctors doing your hair treatments about this and ask them if they are adding platelet-derived growth factor-D (PDGF-D) to the culture.

I think it looks like platelet-derived growth factor-D (PDGF-D) improves the results.

The mice were shaved and the Adipose-derived stem cells accelerated hair growth significantly. I don't see how this grows new hairs or rejuvenates miniaturized hairs. Seems more beneficial for women who want to grow their hair faster. Also the three to five years comment is classic.

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post
    The mice were shaved and the Adipose-derived stem cells accelerated hair growth significantly. I don't see how this grows new hairs or rejuvenates miniaturized hairs. Seems more beneficial for women who want to grow their hair faster. Also the three to five years comment is classic.
    macbeth, this is one way you test whether or not a treatment will regrow miniaturized hairs. If it accelerates hair growth on mice then that means it's boosting the growing phase (anagen) and if it can boost anagen in miniaturized hairs on humans too that could result in miniaturized hairs getting longer and thicker. Do you understand?

What they accomplished is a VERY promising. I think we should be looking at adipose derived stem cells in combo with platelet-derived growth factor-D (PDGF-D.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    I did email them at all of the email addresses you gave me.
    any news on this?

Going for the Swiss Greek clinic next week
    so, what happened ?