+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    I haven't heard about "great success" with CRP.

Have they even analyzed CRP to see what's inside of it as far as growth factors go? The growth factors the prompt hair growth are very specific. They come from fat cells. CRP comes from blood. I'm skeptical.

Also, CRP is something that's removed from PRP and we all know that PRP is sh!t.
    You might look into the site now they have updated it I think. Got this link from someone else; http://prostemics.com/en/products/co...aape-for-hair/

They also mention it is "FDA otc approved" and it is being trialed in 200 clinics in japan or something. I would like some more proof that it works well though.

Quote Originally Posted by LMS View Post
    would you mind listing what exactly you had performed, who performed it and when?

Id be very interested in a treatment that simply halted my hairloss.
    Dr Greco did my PRP/CRP about a month ago. It has for sure stopped my shedding and made my scalp feel healthier already. I know Dr. Wesley and Dr. Cole have been having success with PRP in some of their patients as well as they've adjusted their formulas. However I believe Dr. Greco is the best when it comes to the field of PRP.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Dr Greco did my PRP/CRP about a month ago. It has for sure stopped my shedding and made my scalp feel healthier already. I know Dr. Wesley and Dr. Cole have been having success with PRP in some of their patients as well as they've adjusted their formulas. However I believe Dr. Greco is the best when it comes to the field of PRP.

Cheers mate

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

It's great to hear PRP/CRP has improved your hair.

We encourage patients to use ACell/PRP during their hair transplant surgery. When/if they return to our clinic within several months to a year, we will perform another HairCheck to compare hair mass index numbers in the areas where we did not place grafts. If there is a significant improvement, we recommend they consider regular ACell/PRP treatments. With all of our PRP patients, I have seen at least some improvement in hair mass index/hair shaft diameter. This reality is like a big arrow pointing to the value of understanding the mechanics of how platelet growth factors are blocked from reaching follicles genetically predetermined to miniaturize.

In one of his videos, Dr. Greco made an encouraging statement regarding PRP treatments. He sees an improvement in hair quality "ratchet" forward over time.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    It's great to hear PRP/CRP has improved your hair.

We encourage patients to use ACell/PRP during their hair transplant surgery. When/if they return to our clinic within several months to a year, we will perform another HairCheck to compare hair mass index numbers in the areas where we did not place grafts. If there is a significant improvement, we recommend they consider regular ACell/PRP treatments. With all of our PRP patients, I have seen at least some improvement in hair mass index/hair shaft diameter. This reality is like a big arrow pointing to the value of understanding the mechanics of how platelet growth factors are blocked from reaching follicles genetically predetermined to miniaturize.

In one of his videos, Dr. Greco made an encouraging statement regarding PRP treatments. He sees an improvement in hair quality "ratchet" forward over time.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com

So you're saying dr Coles prp is atleast maintaining hair for all of his prp patients?

So you're saying dr Coles prp is atleast maintaining hair for all of his prp patients?
    As research continues to zero in on growth factors most beneficial to hair growth, we will surely be encouraging more men and women to have stand-alone PRP treatments. The various studies are like puzzle pieces. A pretty clear image is beginning to emerge in spite of all the missing pieces/unknowns. Just putting together what we learned from Cotsarelis and Valerie Horsley, it's clear that in MPB, there's a yet to be defined breakdown in a process that would normally lead to the production of platelet growth factors. Genetically predetermined hairs become "starved" and miniaturize.

Theory is one thing but we do "rubber meets the road" studies to evaluate what actually gets results. Other hair restoration physicians are doing the same. Dr. Cole is currently attending an annual scientific meeting where hair restoration doctors collaborate from all over the world.

According to articles I've read related to Valerie Horsley's study, bald scalp in men have a somewhat depleted adipose layer. Aside from PRP treatments, could the answer to MPB be as simple as restoring a more female-like adipose layer in the balding areas of scalp? I have noticed working here at Dr. Cole's that men using finasteride or dutasteride have a "spongier" scalp suggesting a better fatty layer than guys like me who only use Rogaine. Is adipose simply serving as a cell signalling medium? Cotsarelis confirmed that bald scalp has a sufficient supply of stem cells but a marked shortage of progenitor cells. Any way to stimulate the progenitor cell population? What does PGD2 actually put in motion that inhibits hair growth? Does it simply put normal hair cycles out of balance as Cotsarelis suggests? Lots of questions that need to be answered, but progress is being made.

Although a rodent model, the following image is from Valerie Horsley's Yale study:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mouse study.jpg

Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	35318

Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 10-14-2014 at 08:55 AM.

Aside from PRP treatments, could the answer to MPB be as simple as restoring a more female-like adipose layer in the balding areas of scalp?
    This question is bugging me the most. it is simple to answer yet no body is doing it. fat grafts are used in body augmentation, why nobody has tried it on a scalp. The paper I posted says: "transplantation of adipocyte progenitor cells intradermally into the back skin of shaved mice at the extended 3–4 week telogen stage of the hair follicle cycle that occurs around 7 weeks of age resulted in adipocyte graft formation and corresponding precocious hair growth. Anagen was induced in these mice injected with the enriched adipocyte progenitor cells"
    also the fat layer in our scalps requires wnt/b-catenin signaling to differentiate. and we know the role of dkk1 in inhibiting wnt signaling source:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24706781 . we could overcome this problem with fat injections and see what happens.

As research continues to zero in on growth factors most beneficial to hair growth, we will surely be encouraging more men and women to have stand-alone PRP treatments. The various studies are like puzzle pieces. A pretty clear image is beginning to emerge in spite of all the missing pieces/unknowns. Just putting together what we learned from Cotsarelis and Valerie Horsley, it's clear that in MPB, there's a yet to be defined breakdown in a process that would normally lead to the production of platelet growth factors. Genetically predetermined hairs become "starved" and miniaturize.
    That's gonna take A LOT of research to justify the current price of PRP. We would be happier to see you encourage third parties to document consistent results, first off!!

Quote Originally Posted by hgs1989 View Post
    This question is bugging me the most. it is simple to answer yet no body is doing it. fat grafts are used in body augmentation, why nobody has tried it on a scalp. The paper I posted says: "transplantation of adipocyte progenitor cells intradermally into the back skin of shaved mice at the extended 3–4 week telogen stage of the hair follicle cycle that occurs around 7 weeks of age resulted in adipocyte graft formation and corresponding precocious hair growth. Anagen was induced in these mice injected with the enriched adipocyte progenitor cells"
    also the fat layer in our scalps requires wnt/b-catenin signaling to differentiate. and we know the role of dkk1 in inhibiting wnt signaling source:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24706781 . we could overcome this problem with fat injections and see what happens.
    Definitely worth a shot and I'm surprised that this hasn't been tried. I haven't heard of it being tried anyway. Women wanting a small increase in breast size and a more natural result are getting fat transfer breast augmentation. The listed possible complications are, infection, microcalcification, necrosis (death) of fat cells and the possibility that some of the transferred fat cells will migrate elsewhere. Definitely an acceptable risk level as long as some of the more serious complications are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by clarence View Post
    That's gonna take A LOT of research to justify the current price of PRP. We would be happier to see you encourage third parties to document consistent results, first off!!
    I agree, it is expensive. The disposable cartridge for a top end blood spinner alone, cost upwards of $300. Although Dr. Cole has moved quite a few grafts into some needy areas of my scalp, he hasn't yet offered me free PRP . We recommend PRP at the time a patient has hair transplant surgery. If the hair mass index in non-transplanted areas show a significant spike 8 months to a year after it's administered, we will recommend ongoing PRP treatments. Our PRP results have improved over time as the formula has been improved. The addition of CRP could be a game changer.