+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by jackk View Post
    I hear ya, buddy. I think Dut should be treated with caution, don't rush into a daily dose too soon. I'll probably go for the twice weekly dose for at least couple of months, then reassess things.

As for the starting a family thing, I did quite a lot of research into it. The general consensus is that you should stop taking dut at least 6 months before trying for a baby. That's because dut has a really long half-life - it can stay in your system for 6 months, maybe longer, even just one pill. Finasteride, on the other hand has a really short half-life (I can't remember exactly, but I think it's like only a week!). If either are in your system when you conceive a baby, it may have adverse affects on male children (for obvious reasons).

So this is definitely something we all need to be aware of. Serious business guys.
    Finansteride as a half life that is 4-7 hours. Dutasteride has a half life of one month. Both drugs have side effects of taking away your ability to have kids.

You say RU wasn't really helping you out and you also mention that you bought from anagen. Anagen buys from kane which i found out but once i bought from anagen instead from kane i started shedding bad. Been on this ru from anagen and its not helping me at all. So im going to buy from kane again .I know lilpauly uses anagen and seems to have no problems, so just giving some input.

Didn't propecia stabilise your hair loss then? Or were you expecting regrowth? I've been taking 0.5mg every day for 4 months now, got crazy shedding the first three months and literally within a month my crowns gone worse, I'm only 25 so this sucks! Don't know if I should stick with it, never had such a drastic change in my hairloss before, don't know if I should stick with it. The fact that I lost so much so quickly might mean that it's a fin shed and is a good thing? Did you notice and increase in shedding while on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Amandeep View Post
    Didn't propecia stabilise your hair loss then? Or were you expecting regrowth? I've been taking 0.5mg every day for 4 months now, got crazy shedding the first three months and literally within a month my crowns gone worse, I'm only 25 so this sucks! Don't know if I should stick with it, never had such a drastic change in my hairloss before, don't know if I should stick with it. The fact that I lost so much so quickly might mean that it's a fin shed and is a good thing? Did you notice and increase in shedding while on it?
    anti androgens will not grow the hair that much

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardoD View Post
    Finansteride as a half life that is 4-7 hours. Dutasteride has a half life of one month. Both drugs have side effects of taking away your ability to have kids.
    I think this not proven bro . I think it's always a good idea to stop dut while trying to have kids but I have not heard peopke not be able to have kids while on fin

Quote Originally Posted by Amandeep View Post
    It didn't seem to affect me at all. I didn't shed and I didn't make any progress with my temples.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    It didn't seem to affect me at all. I didn't shed and I didn't make any progress with my temples.
    plan c how long were u on fin? It takes time . Btw I seen your bro u got nice hair . I think u worry

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    plan c how long were u on fin? It takes time . Btw I seen your bro u got nice hair . I think u worry
    About a year. I'll have to upload some more recent pics man. My hair is still decent but the temples have never stopped moving back.