just bought RU, now for dut

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LeonardoD
    • Jun 2013

I wonder if I should start dut to, to rebuild my hairline. But I'm too scared if it will affect my beard development :/ so I dunno.

Buying from Pharmacy2u too, but my state covers 90% of the costs.. so a half of avodart costs me less than a month of propecia.

Comment

• jackk
      • Oct 2011

Cheers, Plan C. Great to hear your sides are fading.

Monday and Thursday sounds like a good plan. I'm going to start on Monday. But is it really necessary to take fin on the other days? It just seems unnecessary. Any thoughts?

To be honest, I don't think I ever want to go on Dut every day. It just seems too dangerous, especially since I might consider starting a family in the next couple of years.

@LeonardoD: I've no idea about it affecting beard growth, but it makes sense that it would have some effect. Probably not much though. I actually started a separate thread about this (just search for it)

I dunno, I guess I'll just see how it goes. Let's keep each other up to date, yeah?

Comment

• LeonardoD
        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by jackk

Monday and Thursday sounds like a good plan. I'm going to start on Monday. But is it really necessary to take fin on the other days? It just seems unnecessary. Any thoughts?

To be honest, I don't think I ever want to go on Dut every day. It just seems too dangerous, especially since I might consider starting a family in the next couple of years.

@LeonardoD: I've no idea about it affecting beard growth, but it makes sense that it would have some effect. Probably not much though. I actually started a separate thread about this (just search for it)

I dunno, I guess I'll just see how it goes. Let's keep each other up to date, yeah?
        Fore sure bro!

I know most people say that finansteride and dutasteride shouldn't be taken together as it has no effect. But that is WRONG. Just search for on google and you'll see a legit study on the subject that showed how the two active hormones acted differently. Some people reponded better to fin, some to dutasteride. It has something to do with genotypes. I would stick with both.

Comment

• Plan C
          • Nov 2013

I took dut for the second day in a row last night and today i experienced very slight sides. I hadn't considered the 'starting a family' thing. Does anyone know how long it takes to shake off the effects of dut with regards to having kids? I would definitely take fin on the days you don't take dut. I'm still undecided if I'm going to take dut every day or just twice a week.

Comment

• jackk
            • Oct 2011

I hear ya, buddy. I think Dut should be treated with caution, don't rush into a daily dose too soon. I'll probably go for the twice weekly dose for at least couple of months, then reassess things.

As for the starting a family thing, I did quite a lot of research into it. The general consensus is that you should stop taking dut at least 6 months before trying for a baby. That's because dut has a really long half-life - it can stay in your system for 6 months, maybe longer, even just one pill. Finasteride, on the other hand has a really short half-life (I can't remember exactly, but I think it's like only a week!). If either are in your system when you conceive a baby, it may have adverse affects on male children (for obvious reasons).

So this is definitely something we all need to be aware of. Serious business guys.

Comment

• LeonardoD
              • Jun 2013

I hear ya, buddy. I think Dut should be treated with caution, don't rush into a daily dose too soon. I'll probably go for the twice weekly dose for at least couple of months, then reassess things.

As for the starting a family thing, I did quite a lot of research into it. The general consensus is that you should stop taking dut at least 6 months before trying for a baby. That's because dut has a really long half-life - it can stay in your system for 6 months, maybe longer, even just one pill. Finasteride, on the other hand has a really short half-life (I can't remember exactly, but I think it's like only a week!). If either are in your system when you conceive a baby, it may have adverse affects on male children (for obvious reasons).

So this is definitely something we all need to be aware of. Serious business guys.
              Finansteride as a half life that is 4-7 hours. Dutasteride has a half life of one month. Both drugs have side effects of taking away your ability to have kids.

Comment

• goldnt
                • Jan 2014

You say RU wasn't really helping you out and you also mention that you bought from anagen. Anagen buys from kane which i found out but once i bought from anagen instead from kane i started shedding bad. Been on this ru from anagen and its not helping me at all. So im going to buy from kane again .I know lilpauly uses anagen and seems to have no problems, so just giving some input.

Comment

• Amandeep
                  • Jun 2014

Didn't propecia stabilise your hair loss then? Or were you expecting regrowth? I've been taking 0.5mg every day for 4 months now, got crazy shedding the first three months and literally within a month my crowns gone worse, I'm only 25 so this sucks! Don't know if I should stick with it, never had such a drastic change in my hairloss before, don't know if I should stick with it. The fact that I lost so much so quickly might mean that it's a fin shed and is a good thing? Did you notice and increase in shedding while on it?

Comment

• lilpauly
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Amandeep
                    Didn't propecia stabilise your hair loss then? Or were you expecting regrowth? I've been taking 0.5mg every day for 4 months now, got crazy shedding the first three months and literally within a month my crowns gone worse, I'm only 25 so this sucks! Don't know if I should stick with it, never had such a drastic change in my hairloss before, don't know if I should stick with it. The fact that I lost so much so quickly might mean that it's a fin shed and is a good thing? Did you notice and increase in shedding while on it?
                    anti androgens will not grow the hair that much

Comment

• lilpauly
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by LeonardoD
                      Finansteride as a half life that is 4-7 hours. Dutasteride has a half life of one month. Both drugs have side effects of taking away your ability to have kids.
                      I think this not proven bro . I think it's always a good idea to stop dut while trying to have kids but I have not heard peopke not be able to have kids while on fin

Comment

• Plan C
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Amandeep
                        It didn't seem to affect me at all. I didn't shed and I didn't make any progress with my temples.

Comment

• lilpauly
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Plan C
                          It didn't seem to affect me at all. I didn't shed and I didn't make any progress with my temples.
                          plan c how long were u on fin? It takes time . Btw I seen your bro u got nice hair . I think u worry

Comment

• Plan C
                            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by lilpauly
                            plan c how long were u on fin? It takes time . Btw I seen your bro u got nice hair . I think u worry
                            About a year. I'll have to upload some more recent pics man. My hair is still decent but the temples have never stopped moving back.

Comment

Working...