WCHR 2014 Presentations (Community-funded) - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 824
  1. #1
    Senior Member Desmond84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    985

    film WCHR 2014 Presentations (Community-funded)

    So guys here we are at the frontier of research and development in tissue engineering and stem cell research. Non of this could have been done without the willpower of over 120 of our valuable members and enthusiasts

    I am so proud to be representing you guys and I have no doubt this initiative will bring about a sea of change in the field of research never before imagined thanks to our advances in information technology and social networks. When I joined this community 2 years ago I never imagined I'd be ending up in Jeju Island reporting live from an International medical conference. We have come a long way indeed and I am more than honored to be representing such amazing boys and girls, men and women who have such an eager interest in science and technology. I am humbled beyond speech by all your good luck messages and well wishes.

    Also, I'd like to send a big thank you to Hellouser and Arashi for not only helping out financially (and significantly I might add) but also their time into organising details of this trip. You guys are the gems of this community and will remain a very strong voice for many of us all around the world in years to come.

    Now first things first, lets start with my first pic from Jeju Island



    And another of its famous monuments



    I managed to finalise my registration today at the international convention centre and got to have a chat with the organiser's committee board regarding video recording the presentations. They actually had no problem with it and even mentioned they would have loved to organise someone to do it! So that is one big hurdle out of the way

    I also got the book with all the abstracts and I'll be posting them as the relevant days come up.

    So this is my first post from Jeju Island and many more to come. Please try not to clutter this thread and keep the discussions on another thread. However, if it's something relevant to the talks that are posted feel free to ask any questions on this thread.

    A big shout out to all my friends all around the world.

    Peace...

    Desmond

  2. #2
    Senior Member BoSox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    700

    Default

    This is awesome, can't wait! Good luck Desmond.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Arashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,888

    Default

    I don't want to clutter up the thread already, haha, but just want to mention how proud I am that we've managed to get this going and that for the first time in the history of this forum we now have our own reporter on the inside of the most important hair regeneration conference of the year ! If people would only come 1 time per year to this 'cutting edge/future treatments' part of the forum, this is the thread they should be reading

    Thanks again for all you're doing for us Desmond and best of luck tomorrow !!

    And thanks again to all that have contributed to make this possible !!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I've been lurking these forums for maybe 2 years now . Amazing unified work here. All of you guys that contributed are greatly appreciated.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Desmond84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    985

    Default

    So i think the best talks to record tomorrow are as follows:

    1) 11:30am - (PC1-5) Burning Scalp Syndrome: Pathophysiology & Management by Dr Gil Yasipovitch

    2) 12:30pm - (LS1-2) Follicular Stem cells by Dr George Cotsarelis

    3) 1:30pm - (LS1-3) Ageing characteristics of Hair & Scalp in east Asian females and hair growth promoting effects of Panax Ginseng by Dr Ohsang Kwon

    That's the only interesting ones I could find that are on tomorrow. There'll be a lot of poster presentations as well. If I spot anything interesting I'll record it. I'll also try and convince some of the researchers to do interviews Fingers crossed.

    OK guys. That's it from me. Gonna go to bed. Big day tomorrow.

    Goodnight.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Arashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    So i think the best talks to record tomorrow are as follows:

    1) 11:30am - (PC1-5) Burning Scalp Syndrome: Pathophysiology & Management by Dr Gil Yasipovitch

    2) 12:30pm - (LS1-2) Follicular Stem cells by Dr George Cotsarelis

    3) 1:30pm - (LS1-3) Ageing characteristics of Hair & Scalp in east Asian females and hair growth promoting effects of Panax Ginseng by Dr Ohsang Kwon

    That's the only interesting ones I could find that are on tomorrow. There'll be a lot of poster presentations as well. If I spot anything interesting I'll record it. I'll also try and convince some of the researchers to do interviews Fingers crossed.

    OK guys. That's it from me. Gonna go to bed. Big day tomorrow.

    Goodnight.
    The first big name, Cotsarelis tomorrow ! If you could get to ask him some questions, that would be truely amazing. Sleep well and good luck tomorrow Desmond !

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    The first big name, Cotsarelis tomorrow ! If you could get to ask him some questions, that would be truely amazing. Sleep well and good luck tomorrow Desmond !
    I spoke to Dr. Cotsarelis' administrator and sent her an email about a Desmond meeting up with him (this was last week). I'm going to try once more today and try to schedule something after the 1:30pm - (LS1-3) presentation just to make sure he doesnt miss out on any other presentations.

    Also, to all, post your questions for Dr. Cotsarelis in THIS thread:

    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16132

    Great work Desmond!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    411

    Exclamation

    Ok, just need to play devilís advocate here, Desmond still has not provided us and those who have blindly contributed to his anonymous paypal account, any evidence that heí attending the congress.

    Desmond, please donít take offense to this, but since you are uploading some beautiful images, (BTW, you might have missed your calling as a professional photographer, those pics can be sold as stock images) please take some pics of the following for us:

    Images of your registration credentials(real name can be blocked out), also since you are taking pictures and have been given permission to take video, please have one photo taken in front on of one 2014 congress signs with you holding something that says, hello baldtruthtalk.com. You can crop your face out of it of course.

    At the very least taking the last picture should be absolutely no problem if you are in fact attending the conference. If you are there, then great! I think it's fantastic that youíre going to be reporting back to the community, but please understand that at this point you have not really shown any good faith as far as providing evidence that you are actually attending. Iím sure that most reasonable people on this forum would agree.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    Ok, just need to play devilís advocate here, Desmond still has not provided us and those who have blindly contributed to his anonymous paypal account, any evidence that heí attending the congress.

    Desmond, please donít take offense to this, but since you are uploading some beautiful images, (BTW, you might have missed your calling as a professional photographer, those pics can be sold as stock images) please take some pics of the following for us:

    Images of your registration credentials(real name can be blocked out), also since you are taking pictures and have been given permission to take video, please have one photo taken in front on of one 2014 congress signs with you holding something that says, hello baldtruthtalk.com. You can crop your face out of it of course.

    At the very least taking the last picture should be absolutely no problem if you are in fact attending the conference. If you are there, then great! I think it's fantastic that youíre going to be reporting back to the community, but please understand that at this point you have not really shown any good faith as far as providing evidence that you are actually attending. Iím sure that most reasonable people on this forum would agree.
    I wish these posts impugning Desmond's character would cease.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    Ok, just need to play devil’s advocate here, Desmond still has not provided us and those who have blindly contributed to his anonymous paypal account, any evidence that he’ attending the congress.

    Desmond, please don’t take offense to this, but since you are uploading some beautiful images, (BTW, you might have missed your calling as a professional photographer, those pics can be sold as stock images) please take some pics of the following for us:

    Images of your registration credentials(real name can be blocked out), also since you are taking pictures and have been given permission to take video, please have one photo taken in front on of one 2014 congress signs with you holding something that says, hello baldtruthtalk.com. You can crop your face out of it of course.

    At the very least taking the last picture should be absolutely no problem if you are in fact attending the conference. If you are there, then great! I think it's fantastic that you’re going to be reporting back to the community, but please understand that at this point you have not really shown any good faith as far as providing evidence that you are actually attending. I’m sure that most reasonable people on this forum would agree.
    Cant find any reverse image search on the first picture tho the second i can.

    If you reverse google image search the second picture you can see it on google. The 2nd picture was NOT taken by Desmond. I can find records of the picture from 2009.

    Desmond buddy you need to post proof you're there.

    Edit: No idea if this link will work
    http://webtrickz.com/download-window...se-wallpapers/

Similar Threads

  1. Funding Desmond to go to WCHR 2014
    By Arashi in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 05-25-2014, 02:20 AM
  2. Sponsoring somebody to go to WCHR 2014
    By Arashi in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 04-22-2014, 02:52 PM
  3. Histogen - Documents and Presentations
    By Scientalk56 in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 06:36 PM
  4. TAKEAWAY FROM WCHR 2013 Edinburgh, UK @ Dr. NIGAM
    By drnigams in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-22-2013, 06:03 PM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 08:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Need some advice please
10-07-2019 02:10 PM
by Stell
Last Post By JJ1563
Yesterday 04:33 PM
Dr Resul Yaman Hair Clinic - 4150 Grafts Result
Yesterday 09:02 AM
Last Post By Resul Yaman, MD
Yesterday 09:02 AM
Hair Restoration In Turkey
03-23-2018 08:35 AM
Last Post By daleyw84
Yesterday 08:14 AM
Random Hair Shedding/thinning across Scalp? Patches everywhere
Yesterday 07:49 AM
Last Post By saimee10
Yesterday 07:49 AM