+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Again, for anyone interested in the video's: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJn...bGaoOWFS6kRxDQ
    Beren Atac's presentation got me thinking:

Why are we relying on creating NEW follicles when we know they still exist in miniaturized form as has been confirmed by Dr. Cotsarelis? They've successfully created 'micro follicles' from scratch... but we already have the 'base' follicle already in our scalps. Why not inject whatever they've created to bond with our existing follicles and see if that revives them back to NORMAL size and grow terminal hairs?

Shouldn't a trial for this already have happened? Why are we wasting so much precious time?!?

Hell, I think one of the major problems with reviving our existing hair is that there's nothing stopping it from being miniaturized again. With brand new bioengineered follicles, they won't have the same genetic predisposition to be sensitive to androgens.

Quote Originally Posted by JZA70 View Post
    Hell, I think one of the major problems with reviving our existing hair is that there's nothing stopping it from being miniaturized again. With brand new bioengineered follicles, they won't have the same genetic predisposition to be sensitive to androgens.
    Histogen's mix of growth factors showed to halt miniaturization for up to 2 years. Proper hair follicle stem cells should last MUCH longer. Aderan's 2D cultivated cells permanently halted further hair loss. Just imagine what 3D cultivated stem cells could do, wether they're DSC, MSC or other.

Even if the effects didn't last forever due to DHT, it's still a worthy treatment lightyears ahead of the GARBAGE we have available today.

But what's the point in saying all this when biotechs or researcher's don't give a shit to actually do anything with this possibility?

The problem that I have with Histogen is that it might not be out for many more years. We have teams like Tsuji Lab and Lauster's team who are creating bioengineered hair follicles TODAY.

By the time Histogen comes out, if ever, one of these other options may very well be available which would make every other treatment obsolete. Histogen would be an awesome bridging treatment, but seeing as how they've been at a standstill for the last while, I just don't think it's worth putting all your eggs in one basket. Something is wrong and they're not telling us. Gail is sitting on a gold mine, she has the potential to rake in billions of dollars from this treatment. HSC would make Fin and Minoxidil history.

I just don't get why it's not their top priority to get this out to the public ASAP. What aren't they telling us.. Surely they can't be that stupid to not realize the potential that this treatment has. It would revolutionize the hair loss industry, it would be a true 2014-2015 state of the art treatment.

I really wonder what's actually preventing them from moving forward.

Which brings up an interesting point, that maybe I have just simply missed.

Why are these teams attempting to create hair follicles? Is it for a hair loss cure, or is it to further research and testing?

Is hair loss treatment just a side benefit?

If so, IMHO, placing new follicles on an unhealthy scalp would be analogous to building a house on sand.

Granted, it would be better than the treatments present today, but far from a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwingingGate View Post

Is it for a hair loss cure, or is it to further research and testing?
    Both.

If so, IMHO, placing new follicles on an unhealthy scalp would be analogous to building a house on sand.
    I don't get why you guys keep saying that. This theory goes against everything about hair transplants. Taking healthy hair and implanting it into unhealthy or harsh environments is a load of crap. If this theory held any water then HT's would've been a failure.

I'm new to the forum but know the basics of the hairloss community, I'd read until page 10 but can't go any longer.

Could someone fill me in with what Desmond has learned?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Histogen's mix of growth factors showed to halt miniaturization for up to 2 years. Proper hair follicle stem cells should last MUCH longer. Aderan's 2D cultivated cells permanently halted further hair loss. Just imagine what 3D cultivated stem cells could do, wether they're DSC, MSC or other.

Even if the effects didn't last forever due to DHT, it's still a worthy treatment lightyears ahead of the GARBAGE we have available today.

But what's the point in saying all this when biotechs or researcher's don't give a shit to actually do anything with this possibility?
    Why are you blaming the biotechs and the researchers for your own failings? You yourself talk about how Histogen accomplished good things (with one injection appointment) so you know that the Histogen growth factors could be very beneficial with repeat injections, and you could get a treatment that is almost the exact same right now, but instead of doing that you gripe about researchers and biotechs, even though they are not stopping you from getting that effective treatment. The only things you need to get effective treatment soon is gumption and some willpower.

Quote Originally Posted by JZA70 View Post
    The problem that I have with Histogen is that it might not be out for many more years. We have teams like Tsuji Lab and Lauster's team who are creating bioengineered hair follicles TODAY.

By the time Histogen comes out, if ever, one of these other options may very well be available which would make every other treatment obsolete. Histogen would be an awesome bridging treatment, but seeing as how they've been at a standstill for the last while, I just don't think it's worth putting all your eggs in one basket. Something is wrong and they're not telling us. Gail is sitting on a gold mine, she has the potential to rake in billions of dollars from this treatment. HSC would make Fin and Minoxidil history.

I just don't get why it's not their top priority to get this out to the public ASAP. What aren't they telling us.. Surely they can't be that stupid to not realize the potential that this treatment has. It would revolutionize the hair loss industry, it would be a true 2014-2015 state of the art treatment.

I really wonder what's actually preventing them from moving forward.

A treatment that is almost the exact same as Histogen is available from the manufacturer right now. It can only be sold to doctors in a few places in the world so getting it would require setting-up shop in one of those few locations, but there is nothing stopping us from getting that done. We are capable of getting that done if we can find the will and the gumption.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwingingGate View Post
    placing new follicles on an unhealthy scalp would be analogous to building a house on sand.
    I think it's important to understand that AGA scalp is not "unhealthy" as many think! It is actually perfectly healthy! What's different about it compared to the safe-zone is that its DP cells express a very high number of Androgen receptors that triggers an inflammatory cascade bringing about destruction to the DP cells themselves leading to baldness.

And that is exactly why when you implant a hair graft that doesn't express these androgen receptors will remain fully functional for the rest of your life!

Hope that helps