Threaded View

Default Starting point for learning

Hello everyone, I have been lurking these forums for a year I believe, and I have always seen that a lot of you guys are REALLY knowledgeable about the available treatments for hairloss, the current research that's going on, the different new treatments that are coming out, etc... The thing is, most of the time I find myself going through some posts and think I'm reading chinese or something, because it's like most of you guys have already been here for a while and know a lot about what is currently known about hairloss and all the weird terminology that's used in the new researches, etc etc etc...

I've been seeing that a lot of guys here are excited because some of you have funded this guy Desmond to go to the WHC to bring back answers about the current state of hairloss research to all of us. To be honest, I've been following his thread, and although I can't fully grasp what these researches are about and how they are all different, I'm kinda excited about what progress has been made...

So my question is, how can I learn more about these treatments, how can I understand all these weird terminology, are there any basic papers or something you guys can give me just to have some little ground where I can stand and to be able to actually grasp what the all the new researches are about?

Basically, how can I start learning and understanding these new researches if I don't understand all the terminology and all the science behind it. What things did you guys do to begin understanding these things?