+ Reply to Thread

Default Starting point for learning

Hello everyone, I have been lurking these forums for a year I believe, and I have always seen that a lot of you guys are REALLY knowledgeable about the available treatments for hairloss, the current research that's going on, the different new treatments that are coming out, etc... The thing is, most of the time I find myself going through some posts and think I'm reading chinese or something, because it's like most of you guys have already been here for a while and know a lot about what is currently known about hairloss and all the weird terminology that's used in the new researches, etc etc etc...

I've been seeing that a lot of guys here are excited because some of you have funded this guy Desmond to go to the WHC to bring back answers about the current state of hairloss research to all of us. To be honest, I've been following his thread, and although I can't fully grasp what these researches are about and how they are all different, I'm kinda excited about what progress has been made...

So my question is, how can I learn more about these treatments, how can I understand all these weird terminology, are there any basic papers or something you guys can give me just to have some little ground where I can stand and to be able to actually grasp what the all the new researches are about?

Basically, how can I start learning and understanding these new researches if I don't understand all the terminology and all the science behind it. What things did you guys do to begin understanding these things?

Just keep reading all threads and ask questions wherever your stuck. Someone will eventually give you an answer.

Default histogen, replicel follica or 10 more years of doom

these are notable companies that showed some great progress and continue to work on a treatment. if those failed or delayed then we are basically doomed. 6 years ago I remember the sonic hedgehog from P&G and Pfizer working on 2 treatments. all got cancelled and here we go again. these companies are the closest thing all other stuff like jahoda's work, angela christiano, lauster and many others are all coming from a university lab. no company picked up their technology. you also have things like topical anti androgen. CB and RU being famous ones. if you are starting to losing these might be helpful to you but they are 3-4 years away.

good luck

Once this congress is over I'm going to work with Hellouser to bring out an infographic and possibly build a road map as to how we can reach a cure.

A lot of these abstracts seem very interesting and some are thinking completely out of the box.

Let's see what comes of all this effort

BTW I'm sure Spencer is more than impressed with what we have achieved over just a few weeks and it gives him a chance to discuss new topics in his upcoming shows with the information we gather over the next 4 days.

BTW Joe from Staten Island if you're reading this brother try and bring up our findings in the show. In many ways you're our voice on behalf of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Once this congress is over I'm going to work with Hellouser to bring out an infographic and possibly build a road map as to how we can reach a cure.

A lot of these abstracts seem very interesting and some are thinking completely out of the box.

Let's see what comes of all this effort

BTW I'm sure Spencer is more than impressed with what we have achieved over just a few weeks and it gives him a chance to discuss new topics in his upcoming shows with the information we gather over the next 4 days.

BTW Joe from Staten Island if you're reading this brother try and bring up our findings in the show. In many ways you're our voice on behalf of the forum
    The FDA, and other western nation regulatory bodies are not going to permit early use of new cellular treatments in their jurisdictions. No manner, no shape, no form. No way. They don't care about protests or complaints. The law is on their side, they aren't going to allow it, and there's nothing anyone can say or do to change that in short order. The FDA really has no choice but to enforce the laws pertaining to their jurisdiction. They are not allowed to ignore it if doctors start selling cell treatments for hair loss. The FDA has no choice but to stop them and the FDA can bring a heavy amount of power to bear down on people who try to skirt the FDA rules.

Unless you can find doctors who will bring these cell based therapies to market outside of the FDA's jurisdiction then you will have to wait 6 - 10 years AFTER the basic research scientists discover new technology to overcome the obstacles preventing cell based treatments from working. I think that either this year or next year the basic research scientists will have cracked the code so really what you need is a doctor who would be willing to set up shop in the Caribbean and perform cell based hair treatments from the Caribbean. That's the only solution I can think of.

I did hear about a guy who set up anti-aging cell based treatments in the Caribbean so maybe he would be willing to include hair cell-based therapies at his "clinic." He's already selling advanced cell based anti-aging treatments in the Caribbean that are not allowed in the US or other western countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Here's something REALLY cool to use for an infographic:

http://www.details.com/health-fitnes...eline#/slide=1

I suggest you to start with this paper;

http://www.horizonti.net/clanki/the%...r%20growth.pdf

This covers the fundamentals about why and how. From there on you can start digging deeper into studies. If you completely read this you are probably ahead of 90% people on the forums in terms of knowledge. Good luck .