+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Dutasteride Questions

Okay guys, I need some advice about making the jump up to Dutasteride. Been on Fin for 2+ years with no results, so I think it might be time to get more serious! My MPB is mainly in the crown area and gradually getting worse, regardless of my Fin usage.

So s couple of questions, if that's okay:

1. Honestly, how dangerous is Dutasteride? I know it hasn't been as thoroughly tested as Finasteride. I'm not down with taking too many risks.

2. I may want to become a father in the next few years - how is the drug going to affect this? Should I come off it at that time? Obviously, if Dut is potentially dangerous to unborn children, then **** that.

3. Are the shedding periods/side effects roughly the same as with Finasteride? Having said that, I never experienced any shedding or sides with Fin at all.

4. Avodart is really expensive! How are the cheap 5mg generic options? Are these okay?

5. How much should I be taking each day - I'm presuming 1mg, right?

Thanks so much fellas. It's comforting to have somewhere to ask these questions, it really is.

Cheers.

I have been on FIN for number of years and its mostly maintained the hair that I have. Over an year ago, in order to regrow hair I added MINOX (once daily) and .5mg Dutastride (once a week). There has been slight improvement but nothing one would even notice.

Quote Originally Posted by jackk View Post
    Okay guys, I need some advice about making the jump up to Dutasteride. Been on Fin for 2+ years with no results, so I think it might be time to get more serious! My MPB is mainly in the crown area and gradually getting worse, regardless of my Fin usage.

So s couple of questions, if that's okay:

1. Honestly, how dangerous is Dutasteride? I know it hasn't been as thoroughly tested as Finasteride. I'm not down with taking too many risks.

2. I may want to become a father in the next few years - how is the drug going to affect this? Should I come off it at that time? Obviously, if Dut is potentially dangerous to unborn children, then **** that.

3. Are the shedding periods/side effects roughly the same as with Finasteride? Having said that, I never experienced any shedding or sides with Fin at all.

4. Avodart is really expensive! How are the cheap 5mg generic options? Are these okay?

5. How much should I be taking each day - I'm presuming 1mg, right?

Thanks so much fellas. It's comforting to have somewhere to ask these questions, it really is.

Cheers.
    1. All drugs have the potential to have sides. Saying that I haven't had any sides. It has been tested and approved for BPH, and tested but not approved yet for MPB.
    2. I would not take it if you want a family soon. The risk is too high. I even stopped fin when I had my family.
    3. I never had sides with either drugs.
    4. I take the generic. 50c a day is hardly expensive. You can get avodart for a $1 a day if you wish.
    5. You take one tablet per day. 0.5mg is the dose.

Thanks that's good info - straight to point.

I forgot to mention, I'm in the UK. So no, dut is not cheap at all. My only option is ordering online from overseas. The only online pharmacy I've used before is Inhousepharmacy, but I've noticed they now require prescriptions, so that's no longer an option. Hmm...

How/where do you get the generic Dutasteride??Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by minots143 View Post
    How/where do you get the generic Dutasteride??Thanks.
    I'd like to know as well, specifically for Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    I'd like to know as well, specifically for Canada.
    There is no generic dutasteride available in Canada. You'd have to order online somewhere.

Come on guys, just trying reading the thread - there are like 3 different online sources mentioned.

I'm not sure how good they all are though. Let us know if you check them out, and if you find any others

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    There is no generic dutasteride available in Canada. You'd have to order online somewhere.
    Found this website that sells generic DUT to canada, is it legit though, do you or anyone else know how to find out? its around 50 bucks for 30 which would last me 6-8 months if i just use it once a week

mens-sexual-health net (add in the .)

Otherwise I gotta convince my doc in a couple months and he's kind of an old school guy not sure he'd let me do it. This is cheaper too

Quote Originally Posted by SolarPowered Man View Post
    1. All drugs have the potential to have sides. Saying that I haven't had any sides. It has been tested and approved for BPH, and tested but not approved yet for MPB.
    2. I would not take it if you want a family soon. The risk is too high. I even stopped fin when I had my family.
    3. I never had sides with either drugs.
    4. I take the generic. 50c a day is hardly expensive. You can get avodart for a $1 a day if you wish.
    5. You take one tablet per day. 0.5mg is the dose.
    Where do you get dut that cheap and is it cheap?

The Dut I ordered was like $3.50 a day, bit pricey considering you have to take it forever.