+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default shampoos and vitamins for hairloss

What are the best shampoos and vitamins for hairloss. I have heard good things about regenepure dr for shampoos. Seeing if anyone else out there has tried this and could give input. Also what vitamins do you take. Whats a good vitamin with b12 and iron?

None. It's a waste of time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    None. It's a waste of time and money.
    I might not agree with Fred 100% of the time, but I really do appreciate the honesty he brings to the forums.

I'm no expert, but my understanding is that vitamins will not help your hair unless you have a vitamin deficiency of some kind that is causing your hairloss. The most common deficiency that could accelerate your hairloss would be biotin. A normal diet consists of plenty of biotin, but I don't think it can hurt to take a biotin supplement in case you are not always getting enough biotin - I take 5 mcg/day. A 3000 mg/day dosage of MSM will also make your hair grow faster. It doesn't make you grow more hair or slow MPB, but it does make your hair grow faster. Either Spex or Jotronic said they used both 5 mcg biotin and 3000 mg MSM and recommended it, and they're pretty knowledgeable guys on this stuff, so I googled around and found that these are somewhat common for sufferers to take so I added them both. It hasn't done any harm.

As far as shampoos go the keto shampoos such as nizoral, regenpure dr, etc. are the only ones with any science and results behind them whatsoever. You really should try minox, fin, etc though because changing your shampoo and taking vitamins is not going to be very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by downandout View Post
    What are the best shampoos and vitamins for hairloss. I have heard good things about regenepure dr for shampoos. Seeing if anyone else out there has tried this and could give input. Also what vitamins do you take. Whats a good vitamin with b12 and iron?

I don't know about the best..but these are my favs- Morrocco Method, The Skin Revolution, Lamas, Andalou, and Elsom Research.

Fav hair combo is the one by Europharma.
    Last edited by Winston; 05-12-2014 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Possible defamatory comment removed. Please refer to our posting policies.

I really think that Regenpure DR helps to clean the scalp well, whether or not it actually helps with hairloss or anything with its keto.

There is real evidence that biotin and folic acid for example can support healthy hair growth, a long with other vitamins - but the fact is that vitamins will do NOTHING to help with MPB. Unless your diet consists of entirely captain crunch cereal, it will just make you feel better about doing something while it will provide relatively little difference to your hair's appearance.

Anything other than proven MPB medications will not do anything for MPB, and even these barely help you "get better". Stuff can and will make your hair look better if you have enough of it, and treating your hair better will make it look better, but it won't make thinning hair look better.

To redy- I've never used Minox or Fin or even keto. Many who do use those don't have much luck. It's different for everybody.
    Last edited by tbtadmin; 05-12-2014 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies.

Skin revolution is one of the best , I also like indian shampoos , khadi , and I just bought ih9 again . Elsom has a good shampoo that makes hair black I will wait until August when dr y comes back for israel

Quote Originally Posted by Bocaj View Post
    To redy- I've never used Minox or Fin or even keto. Many who do use those don't have much luck. It's different for everybody.
    And then what? If you don't want to use one of these, it's over, just buy a baseball cap and move on with your life.

And it's not different for everybody, 66% of minox users have some success with it, this is even higher for finasteride.

Don't pretend those treatments are a matter of luck, they are scientifically proven to consistently work.

Just ordered some Regenepure dr. from amazon. Also got some Biotin. Im currently on Fin and have been for about 3 months. No improvements yet, but hoping around the 6 month mark I will see some regrowth. Was on Nizoral, but it dried out my hair pretty bad..

Bocaj, have you seen any regrowth, or are you just maintaining