+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerKobren View Post

Hey Spencer, thanks for your welcome it was great to hear from you thanks

When I heard your reply it made me realise that I am one of the lucky ones to be able to start leading a normal life again! I have stopped feeling sorry for myself now. I'm feeling really positive about the future... and looking forward to doing the things I missed out on for so long through my 20's.

I hope my results help other's to show that it is possible to get your hair back to a level that you can feel happy about yourself again. It can really get you down and it does take a lot of patience to get to the end of the road but is well worth it in the end!

Thanks for all the feedback.. good luck guys!

Spencer, This voice feature you have is an EXCELLENT idea! I think your reply to BHUK shows real true compasion and understanding of his situation. Shows you are in real tune with patients - KUDOS!

7 days post surgery... I always was a slow healer.. pleased I have the longer hair on top that now is pretty much able to cover the FU's.. but wont be looking closely for another few months.. just a quick idea for you to see how it looks after 1 week.. (a comb hasnt seen my hair so its straight out of bed look.. )

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Spencer, This voice feature you have is an EXCELLENT idea! I think your reply to BHUK shows real true compasion and understanding of his situation. Shows you are in real tune with patients - KUDOS!
    Thanks for the kind words Spex! My goal was to capture the essence of what I do on the radio and integrate that intimacy into the forum. I want our users to know that we are here to support them.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

It's very clear that you do Spence

Healing well BHUK - Sweet amigo - drinking Aloe works then (joke)

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    It's very clear that you do Spence

Healing well BHUK - Sweet amigo - drinking Aloe works then (joke)
    Haha... I havent tried that yet!

I thought this would give some of the guys out there a good idea of how quickly FUE heals in the donor area. I have already posted pics how the recipient area how recovered after just 1 week above, so this is the donor area.

I am just over 2 weeks post op now and here are some pics before and after for you to compare. Its very early days but the redness which is of some concern to a lot of guys considering there 1st HT has just about faded away completely now. I'm very pleased with the fast recovery, this is all new to me too! (all previous work was via strip).

All the best everyone.

Sorry... forgot to post the immediate post op pic to compare.

All the best.
    Last edited by NotBadhairUK; 10-23-2009 at 03:50 PM. Reason: posted pic

Great healing mate - thanks for sharing the pics.

Wow, amazing results!
    I never had a botched HT, but I'm feeling more and more depressed these days as my hairline keeps retreating. Thinking of HT somewhere in the near future.

Congratulations on your success. By the time these transplants fully grow in, I don't think people will be able to tell you ever were balding to start with!!

By the way, have you ever done FUT before or are all your past procedures FUEs? It's not clear from the pics but it seems like you don't have any donor scar thats characteristic of FUTs...

Quote Originally Posted by follicallychallengedkid View Post
    Wow, amazing results!
    I never had a botched HT, but I'm feeling more and more depressed these days as my hairline keeps retreating. Thinking of HT somewhere in the near future.

Congratulations on your success. By the time these transplants fully grow in, I don't think people will be able to tell you ever were balding to start with!!

By the way, have you ever done FUT before or are all your past procedures FUEs? It's not clear from the pics but it seems like you don't have any donor scar thats characteristic of FUTs...
    Hey F/C/Kid, Thank you. Dont let your hair worry you too much, you know you can get it fixed when your ready but you might want to start getting on meds now to slow down/halt any more loss to your native hair (I take Finasteride) so you keep what you have now.

Yes, the previous HT's I had were all Strip procedures, this was my only FUE so its new to me this time. Looking forward to 6 months from now! Thats the tricky part.. being patient.

Take care...and thank u again all the best with your future decision making.