+ Reply to Thread

Default FUE scheduled for this week and really need some advice !!

I'm having a FUE ht next week (1100 grafts) and I really need some advice. The plan is to fix my temples and my temple points. I'm not worried at all about doing my temple points but I'm a little worried about doing my temples. I've been told Im a diffuse thinner. I'm 26 years old and I'm not on propecia. What am I risking if I go through completely with the surgery ? All I really care about is the front 1/3 of my head and having a good hairline. And I'm ok with additional surgery . What should I do ? I really need some advice. What are the consequences I'll be facing ? Could I lose my forelock soon and just have hair in the temple area ?

if you don't stabilize your hair loss, you will lose your forelock. how quickly depends on your genetics. the best thing to do is take propecia or avodart. you've started to lose your hair at a young age, which is an indication your hair loss will advance down the norwood scale.

I was worried of still having too much hair before my FUE (which I have this week too, 2000 grafts, and I'm 24) but it's nowhere near to what OP still has.

I think it's a bad idea and you should have waited to become balder than that.

Also, there are no rules, there are people who start losing their hair in their 30's and end up NW7, and people who started losing their hair in their teens who end up NW5, even NW3. Losing hair younger doesn't mean harsher hair loss, that's just things people like to say without evidence, like saying "I'm seeing much more bald young guys these days, it must be our diets!"

Be careful about what you say on hair loss forums.

that's why i used the word indication, not a more absolute term. however, hairloss is progressive. his may slow way down.