X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • James7
    • Oct 2013

Histogen news

Some good news.

Just wanted to let you guys know, I've been in contact with Histogen and got a response from them recently.

They tell me they are currently focused on completion of preclinical and development work that will allow HSC to move into the next stage of clinical trials.
    There will be at least 1 more clinical trial required in any country where HSC will be introduced. Initial regions of focus: US and Asia.
    They are now moving forward with Series B financing.

So although news-wise things may have seemed quiet lately, we can rest assured they have been busy with preclinical work to bring everything to the next stage.
    Yes I know you all want estimated timelines (me too!), but just wanted to let you all know they are still moving ahead with HSC
  • Seuxin
    • Jan 2014

Hey,

If it's true, it's a good news !
    I hope there are still alive and hope we could have a timeline soon !

Thanks

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

They need to hurry the **** up if they plan on making any kind of cash considering that by the time they bring anything to market, ADERANS will probably have come back from the dead and finish Phase III.

Comment

• Seuxin
        • Jan 2014

HelloUser, but do you have news about Aderans ? Or it's simply a joke ??

Comment

• Sogeking
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
          They need to hurry the **** up if they plan on making any kind of cash considering that by the time they bring anything to market, ADERANS will probably have come back from the dead and finish Phase III.
          Hahahha. Now that is funny. But I can already see it.
          This is one good in house joke. You know you have bad project management if Aderans comes to market before you. .

Comment

• hellouser
            • May 2012

Originally posted by Seuxin
            HelloUser, but do you have news about Aderans ? Or it's simply a joke ??
            Aderans is dead. The project got scrapped last year, everyone got laid off, the website shut down which nows shows some kind of property being sold.

Forget about Aderans.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
              Doctor Representative
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
              Aderans is dead. The project got scrapped last year, everyone got laid off, the website shut down which nows shows some kind of property being sold.

Forget about Aderans.
              I wonder if hair loss researchers have looked much into Ambras Syndrome?

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
              Cole Hair Transplant
              1070 Powers Place
              Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
              Phone 678-566-1011
              The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
              Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• hgs1989
                • Mar 2014

our only hope now

really people at histogen need to work on releasing it. the hairloss congress initiative showed us that there will be no treatment in the near future. even worse all things there are in the lab. who knows if they will succeed once they hit humans. we have histogen I think it will serve many people. growth factors signals the cells so multiple treatments means continuous signaling and should do great. they have the only treatment that could be out in less than 2 years if they started the trials. they should do now that they are the only players in market.

Comment

• rhysmorgan
                  • Jan 2014

Originally posted by hgs1989
                  the hairloss congress initiative showed us that there will be no treatment in the near future.
                  This is based on the assumption that everyone attends conferences. This is not the case. If anything, we've gotten the clear impression that the secrecy of the hair loss science world means it may be possible there's something near release and we just don't know about it.

It's a shame that hair loss researchers are so anti academic in this regard. It's all about protecting their profit.

Comment

• hgs1989
                    • Mar 2014

Originally posted by rhysmorgan
                    This is based on the assumption that everyone attends conferences. This is not the case. If anything, we've gotten the clear impression that the secrecy of the hair loss science world means it may be possible there's something near release and we just don't know about it.

It's a shame that hair loss researchers are so anti academic in this regard. It's all about protecting their profit.
                    one thing that bothers me it is that histogen technology is actually already in use in europe, india and korea. if you google growth factor injections you will see results from around the world. one company called prostemics in korea already using Grwoth factors (GF) as injections. once the FDA approve histogen this method will be widely popular. histogen only have patent in how to harvest collect the growth factors. there are many other who use other techniques. and they should work. KGF, aFGF, bFGF,IGF-1 are all expressed in the hair follicle during the anagen phase. other GFs that help with follicle size like vegf which will help in miniaturized hair. so GF technology is a big and histogen is just a small player. prp should work but the concentration of growth factors is low compared to harvested GFs i guess which will require multiple sessions but at the current price point it can't be done.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                      Doctor Representative
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by rhysmorgan

I can't blame them for being secretive. No one wants to see others profit from a copycat version of their hard work. This happens a lot. A great illustration of this was woven in a "Breaking Bad" script where Schwartz used Walter's research to make millions:

Overview:
                      "Elliott Schwartz is Walt's grad-school colleague. Elliott, his wife Gretchen, and Walt collaborated on the scientific research that led to Elliott's Nobel Prize and thriving business, Gray Matter. But by the time their business achieved success, Walt — as Gretchen describes it — had "abandoned me and Elliott." Walt sees things differently: "My hard work, my research," he says. "And you and Elliott made millions off it."

At a birthday party for Elliott, Walt sees Skyler and Elliott deep in conversation. Moments later, Elliott offers Walt a job, mentioning that the health insurance is excellent. Walt whisks Skyler out of the party and accuses her of putting Elliott up to providing charity: When Walt turned down the job offer, Elliott offered to pay for his treatment outright.

Walt later lies to Skyler and says that Elliott is indeed paying for his cancer treatments, though in fact Walt's drug profits are financing it. His deception goes undetected until Skyler, who calls Gretchen trying to figure out why Walt had a second cell phone, learns that Elliott contributed nothing."

Men and women of course have their pride in accomplishment and seriously don't want anyone to profit from their research/ideas/inventions.

Fiction, yes, but this kind of thing happens time and time again.

forhair.com
                      Cole Hair Transplant
                      1070 Powers Place
                      Phone 678-566-1011
                      email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
                      Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• rhysmorgan
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
                        I can't blame them for being secretive. No one wants to see others profit from a copycat version of their hard work. This happens a lot. A great illustration of this was woven in a "Breaking Bad" script where Schwartz used Walter's research to make millions:

Overview:
                        "Elliott Schwartz is Walt's grad-school colleague. Elliott, his wife Gretchen, and Walt collaborated on the scientific research that led to Elliott's Nobel Prize and thriving business, Gray Matter. But by the time their business achieved success, Walt — as Gretchen describes it — had "abandoned me and Elliott." Walt sees things differently: "My hard work, my research," he says. "And you and Elliott made millions off it."

At a birthday party for Elliott, Walt sees Skyler and Elliott deep in conversation. Moments later, Elliott offers Walt a job, mentioning that the health insurance is excellent. Walt whisks Skyler out of the party and accuses her of putting Elliott up to providing charity: When Walt turned down the job offer, Elliott offered to pay for his treatment outright.

Walt later lies to Skyler and says that Elliott is indeed paying for his cancer treatments, though in fact Walt's drug profits are financing it. His deception goes undetected until Skyler, who calls Gretchen trying to figure out why Walt had a second cell phone, learns that Elliott contributed nothing."

Men and women of course have their pride in accomplishment and seriously don't want anyone to profit from their research/ideas/inventions.

Fiction, yes, but this kind of thing happens time and time again.

forhair.com
                        Cole Hair Transplant
                        1070 Powers Place
                        Phone 678-566-1011
                        email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
                        Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
                        Sure, just think it's a shame, that's all. Not really heavily criticising them for it, just an observation really. Anyway you look at it though, it is anti academic.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                          • Dec 2012

histogen is done...even spencer knows it. he said in one of his last shows that our only hope for the next five years is bim

Comment

• hellouser
                            • May 2012

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                            histogen is done...even spencer knows it. he said in one of his last shows that our only hope for the next five years is bim
                            Reasoning?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                              • Dec 2012

It's fairly obvious. They haven't had a press release about it in over a year. They lost their investor and never gained another one.

Comment

Working...